“Under promise over deliver”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence
Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I haven't lost my mind -- it's not the Ritz.

First time in a Microtel, based on the report on Consumers Reports. Very small room, very small bathroom, clean, comfortable and cheap -- Including all taxes (and after AAA discount) the bill was $49 and change. The do not promise much, but they delivered to a "T". My wife (who is a Captain in the Clean Police) approved cleanliness.

We were traveling to Disney World and needed a place to stay, and it met our needs perfectly.

I wouldn't stay in a Microtel if I was in an area for several days, but for one night in transit, we would stay in another without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IgFlitz

Reviewed 20 July 2012

We have regularly stayed at this motel for about three years now. Florence, SC is a good stopping point for us on our family road trips north on I-95. The price is extremely cheap for a "suite" style room. I wouldn't say that it's 10+ in terms of cleanliness, but we've never felt dirty or felt like the room was unclean. Ultimately, it's a economy hotel which provides a nice room for a cheap price. It's great for a stop over or even for a day or two. If you're staying longer and can afford it, you may look elsewhere, but we've never been disappointed at the one night stays we've had here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This hotel should be Condemed; the first room 220; had hairs and smelled horrible. Then, they transfered me to room 212; and it was like walking back in time. The television took every bit of 15 secs to show a picture but, this room was at least cleaned. The mattresses was stained and nasty looking; but, they had a new mattresses cover on the bed. I promise you that i will share with everybody that i know; to never stay at this nasty prehistoric hotel ever. I went to the nearest Walmart to buy blankets, sheets,towels and wash cloths, and new pillows and also,i fumigated the entire room with lysol. The sad part about this whole experiences is that the employees were excellent and now, i look at all of the Microtel Inns as garabage.

Room Tip: Ask them to email current pictures of their rooms and/or ask a friend or family member to stop by th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rosemarie A
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Book 2 rooms. Both parties when given the room key walked into other peoples room, with them in there. When given our 2nd room of the night it happend again. Was givenanother room and when we walked in toilet was flooding throughout the room. We started the checking in process at 10:30pm and finally got in to a decent room at 1am. Worst motel expierence ever.

Room Tip: Don not stay at this hotel. Spend the extra $10 and stay at the Ramada 1 block down.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ryan W
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This hotel was the cheapest I could find. It certainly deserved to be. From the outside the hotel looks ok. It does not look too run down and is not in a bad part of town. The ceiling of the lobby has water damage and the general feel is of a very run down hotel. The room I was in (204) was horrible! There is a room length mirror behind the bed which calls to mind all sorts of horrible thoughts. The bathroom was clean but had roaches running around. The t.v. was broken. The mattress wassmaller than the box spring which had blood stains on the side of it.

It is not a sleezy hotel and I felt safe walking the halls and outside late at night. You can get a much cleaner and newer hotel across the street for $15 and we changed hotels even though we were only staying one more night.

Bottom line? If you are used to living in run down accomidations then this place would work for you. If you like to walk to the bathroom without shoes go some place else.

P.S. The sheets made my whole body itch!

Room Tip: Go to different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank freeriggy
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Thinking I could drive all the way home by myself western SC, I found myself nodding off at the wheel after midnight. I spotted the tall sign for $39.99 and checked into the Microtel Inn without a reservation. The very friendly woman at the desk was talking with a man who worked there and they both were very accomodating. He carried my bags from the car to the elevator. The room was clean and nice and the bathroom had plenty of towels. It was furnished for two persons, in fact. The bed was inviting and the tv remote worked fine. I slept so well, nothing woke me up in the night! No noise from the hallway at all. The closet had plenty of coat hangers, I noticed, and the window had a wide view. There is a good enough distance between the motel and the main highway. Even though there is a train track, I didn't hear any train noise in the night! I would and have recommended this motel to my friends who tend to stop in Florence, SC on the way to the beaches.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed there twice on a recent trip to Florida. It is a little run down but for the price it is reasonable. It is located far enough from I-95 that you do not hear road noise. The only noise you will hear is the train that runs down the middle of the main street in the middle of the night.
We did get a suite #228 and it was clean but showing its age. I never could get the internet to work even when I sat in the lobby. We might not stay there again because there are so many reasonable hotels in Florence.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple