“Hotel advertised as new and far from it”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence
Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Naples, Florida
“Hotel advertised as new and far from it”
Reviewed 14 November 2010

This hotel was advertised as brand new in the travel magazines ads you get in the rest areas and it was not even close to being brand new. We had 3 separate rooms and they were all dirty. We stayed because it was too late at night to change hotels.
Beware!!!, because they were also writing down all your credit card information, including expiration date, and code on the back of your credit card on the back side of the reservatin form... Never let anyone write down your credit card information.
They said their computers were down and they needed this information...I think not because we got the credit card receipt to sign, so we are not sure what they intended to do with our credit card information. So don't let them write it down we didn't.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terrysuskie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Basic hotel. No frills. Window seat is nice, beds ok. Linens ok. Only two towels, bathroom cleaning mediocre, TV is small, room is dated. But for the lower price, you can live with the truck stop next door.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 August 2010

This has got to be the worst hotel in Florence SC... we were greeted by the front desk clerk with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth and sitting at the desk on her cell.. agrued with us that the reservation was not for her hotel... then once I gave her my print out her only response was " you didnt say it was from the internet" We were put in the nasties room there. Once off the elevator the entire 2nd floor smelled like mildew.. We had to go get cholrox cleanup to clean up the tub that was full of hair and lysol to spray down the bed sheets. Needless to say we couldnt take our shoes and socks off didnt want the nasty floor to touch my feet... this hotel needs to be closed down. I wouldnt send my worse enemy there... I now understand why there were no other cars in the parking lot once we arrived... STAY CLEAR OF MICROTEL INN FLORENCE SC LOCATION....

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TEAMGRAY

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Richmond, Indiana
Reviewed 27 June 2010

My husband and I booked this hotel in advance after staying at another Microtel in another state that was really nice. We thought this was a clean, safe bet. WRONG! My minimum requirements for a hotel are for it to be clean, smell okay, and not make me concerned for my safety. We stayed just because we did not want to lose money, and it was very late, but I would rather have not. The hotel smells funny (maybe like mildew?), there was evidence of previous flooding in our room..the lady checking us in was in a ragged shirt with holes all over it...the room was dirty...the hotel was shabby..long hairs were found in our room... To be fair, the water pressure was great, and the free bfast was not bad (basically toast, cereal, bagels). I did not feel safe in this hotel.. I would not ever stay here again..Worse place I have ever stayed!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beachbabies1111
new jersey
Reviewed 28 January 2010

i stayed here driving from NJ to FL. it's conveniently located just off I95. i prefer inside corridors when traveling alone and there was an elevator also. the room was small and dated but fairly well maintained. it was quiet. the breakfast was very basic-coffee, cereal, bagels and danish. there was only 2 tables for eating. there were several restaurants on this exit for dining. i ate at a ruby tuesday.
while the room was a little old and worn, it was clean and that was all i needed for an overnight stop on the road. the price was modest as well-so it was a good deal.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
USA
Reviewed 8 January 2010

We took a stopoff from driving on I-95 to catch a nap and let our co-travelers, my cats, rest. There were several hotels on this little stretch, and we tried them in order until we found one that allowed animals. The first that allowed animals was full, so they told us to try the hotel next door, which didn't allow pets. At a loss, we tried the Microtel, the end of the line of hotels. The lobby was nice, brightly lit, warm. The clerk was very friendly. She asked me if we wanted smoking or non, and I replied "non", but there weren't any non-smoking rooms left. So I don't know about that, but we took a room in the smoking section out of sheer exhaustion, despite myself being asthmatic. The customer after me was offered a non-smoking room.
After transporting cats and luggage up to the room, I began to lose my mind. The place stunk. Not of cigarettes, but general rotten stink. The heater blew out stenches and periods of cold air, so eventually we just shut it off (during winter!). There were burn holes and marks on everything, right through the fabric of the bedspread in a lot of places. The room was extremely tiny...micro, if you will. The window was nice, it had a foam seat cushion bench and triangle pillow on it. There was a rectangular hole in the wall that we had to cover because the cats kept trying to jump in it. The furniture was dirty and worn. My cats spent the night sitting at the room door because the inch-high bottom was enough for them to see out of (I would have put them in their travel kennels, because the floor was disgusting, but there wasn't space for breathing much less for kennels!). We were completely freaked out by the place, and although we checked in very late, we were out by 5am.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE.
I have pictures to prove it. Our room was not cleaned at all including the bed sheets.
The bed sheets were used and wrinkled, like someone else had slept there, Dog hairs all over the room and Rat paper at the bottom of the air conditoner filled with bugs and rat drippings. How can anything like that happen if you care. and thats just it These people just dont care. They refunded me and the Manager did not even come out to talk with me. I told the clerk I had pictures and she said the manger is going to go look but did not want to discuss it with me. So I guess he doesnt mind if I post these pictures about his hotel. I would guess not. It is no loss to him. He still gets his paycheck.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple