“Yikes!”

Knights Inn Florence SC
Ranked #33 of 42 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Made this reservation due to a long road trip for the holiday period and wanted a place at the mid way mark that was reasonably priced since only intended on staying long enough to catch a few hours sleep before going back on the road. Ended up arriving late---or should I say early in the am. The service desk was very friendly. Grounds looked decent from the outside....but once inside, the room I was hit with the smell of something with a likeness to cat urine and the comforter reeked of stale smoke. I was too tired to deal with it so I sucked it up. I Didn't sleep well since I felt as though things were crawling on me and chalked it up to having the "heebie-geebies" and feeling dirty by how the room looked and smelled...I woke up with bites from who knows what on my arms. In hindsight, I discovered that this hotel is pet friendly, so the urine smell and creepy crawlies were likely as the result of fleas and the animals they allow there....
If anything, sure, the price was inexpensive, so as the old saying goes...you get what you pay for!
Would I ever come back to this location NO WAY! I would sleep in my car before going to this place!

Room Tip: ...Don't do it! RUN!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We ask for handicap room, it had hand rails and raised toilet seat. The parking spot was under an Oak tree and acorns were all around parking spot. This made it even dangerous for a well person . The staff was friendly, the room was average, I knew better than to look around the bed. It did have convenient food stores nearby walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Kenneth T
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Knights Inn Florence SC, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Kenneth,
Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for your unpleasant stay and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Motel 6 should be embarassed to represent this property and until they disown it and stop taking reservations for this property, I will never trust the chain again. It is a dump and there are multiple people, white, and of color, loitering outside who look as though they might be doing small time drug deals. There are women wondering around, just hanging out. It is unlike any accommodation I have ever stayed in--and I usually choose the low end of the spectrum. The pillows smelled of human odors and the urine smells were covered by a disgusting scented cover-up. I definitely do not feel safe here but I was so tired by the time I arrived and saw the room that I really didn't have the energy to keep going. To be it mildly, I am appalled and if Motel 6 wants to keep any semblance of a decent reputation, they need to eliminate this motel from their roster or eliminate the current owner. Most of the license plates were local ( South Carolina) so I do believe it is a gathering place for the druggies. This is a scary place and in no way resembles a decent motel which caters to the one night road traveller. MOTEL 6, CORPORATE, DO SOMETHING!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jdh158
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This place looked good from the outside. the price was inexpensive, but it is a motel 6. should have cancelled the booking when i opened the door. but being a gamer, thought ok, but should have said no and move on. the room was somewhat clean, the floors were moving,as the front of the room had been added on after the back, beds were old and lumpy, pillows not much better. the shower lacked pressure. you do get what you pay for, but spend the extra 20 bucks and stay at the super 8 just next door.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DOONORTH
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I have stayed here more times than I can count on business.........It is what you pay for people. Its not the ritz, but its not sleeping in your car. Its a bed for a few hours, bathroom, shower, and cable tv. For those travelers expecting something grand for 30 bucks, get over yourselves. I have never had a problem here beyond a prank phone call, no one has ever bothered me...and I mean EVER......
Its right off I-95, affordable, and not a bad place to stay. If you want more...theres a hampton inn on the other side of the bridge for 150 a night....

Room Tip: Stay out of the 500 block...the 300 and 400 are great, even if they are around back.....
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank aquariumgravel
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

This hotel has BED BUGS!!!... I discovered bed bugs crawling on BOTH beds in the room. I immediately contacted the front desk and told them my problem and I was offered another room. Of course I declined and asked for my money back. I didnt have a problem getting my money back. I dont recommend this hotel to anyone. My sister just had a terrible infestation of bed bugs in her home and she had to have it exterminated and had to throw away EVERYTHING.. Umless u want to take the chance of taking bed bugs home with you, I would not stay at this place!!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank tipburgess
Reviewed 24 August 2012

When we checked in, we had to leap frog from room to room because of bad odor. After the first three rooms, we were given a room that smelled descent. Since my husband and I were staying here semi long- term while our home was being repaired a few miles away, we decided to watch the the maid clean the room. Both mattresses were full of urine. Huge circular yellow/orange stains all over the center of the mattresses. We were appauled and sickened. The maid told us that people just urinate on the mattresses and the staff just flips them over to dry them out, then covers them with matress pads. Promply we complained to the front desk, but it took them over a week to get us into a long-term room. We were so disguisted, that we asked for 3 matress pads to have on the disguisting matresses until we could get into the room. The pool smelled really bad too and we learned that a lot of the guest used it as a bathtub. I recommend that you stay at the Best Western down the road or even in your car, just don't stay here.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple