“" Filthy Rooms"”
Review of Thunderbird Inn

Thunderbird Inn
Ranked #29 of 42 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Checked in from NYC. The staff was okay, but the rooms are old, with worn carpet, stained drapes that hardly close, spider webs on the ceiling, the sink and tub seems to be falling apart, loud truck engines overnight, panhandler approached my car (very scary), loud, beer drinking construction workers overnight, and not to mention streetwalkers in the area. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Derek C

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have never left a review before but felt compelled to do so on this place. The room was so dirty I didn't want to touch anything. The furniture was old and had stains on it. My drapes didn't close completely and this was a ground floor room. The front desk receptionist was very nice. The housekeeping people were very nice. The buffet breakfast was ok but nothing special. Someone recommended this place to me and for the life of me I can't imagine what they were thinking. There are many nicer places in the area. It was cheap but better to spend an extra $20 and get something decent.

Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank BlueH101
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The room was a little dated but overall was great! Housekeeping was great! Breakfast was great! Desk staff was friendly! I truly enjoyed my stay here! I would stay here again! I stayed for 2 weeks while working in town.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank B3amt3am
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Best motel I've ever stayed in. The food was AMAZING. everyone was super extremely nice. The rooms were clean, beds were comfy, and service was five star. The pool is always open, lit heated saltwater and totally clean. I can't say enough about how great this is. Rate is very low also.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank driftingraven
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We drove through the night and finally got very tired around 5:30 AM. We called a few places to see if they had late check-out, thinking we’d check in around 6 AM and check out around 2 or 3 PM. Most places either didn’t allow it, or charged extra (or were too expensive to begin with for our budget). We did find one place about 15 min from the Thunderbird for $35, but once we drove up it looked way too sketchy so we kept looking.

We finally saw the sign for the Thunderbird and decided to go in and ask about late checkout. They said we could actually stay until the next morning for no extra charge (NO other motels or hotels that we called or stopped in offered that), and with my AAA membership it was only $50. The room was clean and the beds comfortable (we used our own pillows). Everything worked (though we didn't try the microwave); it was nice to have the fridge in the room. The bathroom was a bit outdated and dingy I suppose, but fine and clean for $50. It was pretty quiet but there were so big trucks outside or room during different times. I didn't use the pool but did walk by it and it looked very clean and big. Breakfast was pretty good too, and included in the price. :) I’d definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ZaraZote
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Our kids started pitching monster fits after being in the car too long. We were driving from DC to Florida and everybody had just had it. Our dog was with us so our options were severely limited. The Thunderbird said "ok," so Thunderbird it was.

Overall, I can't complain. Everything was clean, if not shabby. The staff gets five stars. The woman who worked at the front desk was fabulous! We ate at the buffet and thought the fried chicken was worth mentioning in this review.

I can't give it more stars though because ... well, I just can't. If you've stayed there then you know why.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelinglew
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

The staff is amazing and that is as far as anything good goes. There was a white substance all over the bed skirt and corner of the bedside table. There was hair from someone shaving around the bathroom sink. The carpet is gross and the bedspread had cigarette burns. They did plant flowers and keep the grounds around the pool clean. We would have left but it was NASCAR weekend and we didn't know so this was the only room we could find for under $200. The toilet looks like a tiger had attacked it and there were ashes behind the tp holder. The breakfast was edible but nothin to rave about. I would have preferred bagels and cream cheese over the mystery meat I thought was ham.

• Stayed: May 2013