“It is what it is, no more no less.”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 14 February 2014

As a business traveler this hotel offers exactly what I need at a price that I want to pay. The rooms are clean with some minor blemishes here and there. Plenty of storage for clothes, television and desk, table and chairs for two, even a small kitchenette area if you're so inclined to cook your own food. The fixtures are dated but completely usable. I saw reviews that mentioned roaches, but in my 12 day stay here I didn't see any. I will say that living in the South, especially this part of the state many places are prone to Palmetto Bugs, which one would expect to see in the Palmetto State. They look very similar to roaches and they can fly, and there is hardly any amount of pesticide that you can spray that will get rid of them. They are a frequent guest in hotels, businesses and private residences and people who live here will tell you to just get used to them. That being said I also did not see any Palmetto bugs here, but this is winter and not really the season for them. I enjoyed the Quiznos that is attached to the hotel, this was especially convenient when the snow started coming down and I didn't want to drive somewhere for food. But at the same time there are a plethora of restaurants within walking distance. If you are looking for a hotel to spend your honeymoon then no I wouldn't recommend this. But if you're like me and you just need a clean place to lay your head down for the night then I really cant complain.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Hi Josh B,

Thank you very much for your four star review! We appreciate the kind words about our clean rooms, unique amenities and the Quizno's restaurant located on site. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and cannot thank you enough for recommending our great value to fellow travelers. Our team works very hard to provide a positive overall experience for hotel guests, so we look forward to sharing all of your feedback with them. Thanks again for your time. We appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Awful location, the staff can only do so much, you can not blame them, but our check in process was horrible, we asked for a double bed suite, were given room 126 which is a standard efficiency, with a roach in the bathroom, we asked for another room, clerk moved us to 128, which key did not work, twice, finally clerk had to let us in with maintenance key, the room had not been checked in for a while due to the appearance of the toilet water, and after settling in, roaches were crawling on night stand and bathroom door, Asian and German which carry diseases, after all that finally the next clerk moved us to room 180, which we were told by front desk manager that it is a non-smoking room even though it stunk of smoke and had an ashtray in the room, but still no roaches. Truly the worst stay we have ever had.

Room Tip: Avoid completely.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Hi jojo34219,

Thank you for your review. We are truly sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Our goal is to provide comfortable, clean accommodations to each and every hotel guest, so we are very sorry that we did not live up to those high standards on this particular visit. Thank you for reaching out to our team while you were here and for accepting our sincere apologies. Because of your feedback, our pest control provider was able to come in and solve the problem quickly and efficiently. We appreciate your time and hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we can provide the excellent accommodations that you and all of our guests deserve.

Suburban Extended Stay Management Team

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Roaches everywhere! Was nice other than the roaches! Stayed here before, & had no bugs, but this time they were crawling all over! Yikes! Scared to go to sleep. :-( I guess you get what you pay for. I didn't want to spend a fortune for staying a few hours. :/ But maybe I should have.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Hi Cindy1259,

Thank you for your review. We were very disappointed to hear about the inconvenience that you experienced on this particular visit. Thank you for speaking with our Front Desk Manager about your stay and for accepting our sincerely apologies. We take pest concerns very seriously, so we appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we could resolve the problem immediately. Thanks again for your time. We appreciate it and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My Son and I travel frequently for business to Florence and stay here. Spent a couple of weeks here last spring as well as other times years past. There is very visible security officers about the premises which makes me rest easy, the desk staff is great and the rooms are clean with good amenities. The price is great! We often stay for up to a week and there is a restaurant on premises as well as a McDonald's and a couple others close by. We'll be headed back the 2nd week of January and always know we'll get a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: If you are going to be there for a several days or longer the kitchenette rooms are great!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

1traveleer,

Thank you very much for sharing such positive feedback about your recent experience at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel in Florence, South Carolina. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms, our unique amenities and the restaurants located on site and nearby. We cannot thank you enough for recommending our hotel to fellow travelers and we look forward to seeing you again during the second week of January!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I travel from FLA to NY and back and Florence SC is half way so I have to stay in this town. Choosing a hotel is NOT easy when you really only need a bed and a microwave. Suburban had just what I needed so I booked a room. Later on I came on Trip Advisor and became concerned with the negative reviews. I figured when I got to NC I'd stop and look up another place and cancel my reservation. As I was approaching NC I decided NOT to stop and just to take a chance because some of the reviews were good. When I got there the receptionist was so kind and helpful. I asked her if I was frankly going to get a good room. She told me I could go look and if I didn't like the room she would cancel the booking and I wouldn';t have to pay even though it was well past the 6pm cut-off. THE ROOM WAS PERFECT ! I couldn;t believe the value for only $48 ! Spotless room and bathroom. Coffee pot, fridge and microwave. I slept like a baby on an absolutely comfortable bed. I needed to after driving 14 hours ! I will be staying there from now on, nothing beats the comfort and value !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank ERSILIA M
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Ersilia M,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Suburban Extended Stay hotel in Florence, SC for a quick stopover on your way to New York! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and cannot thank you enough for recommending our clean rooms, unique amenities and comfortable beds to fellow travelers. We are absolutely delighted to hear that the Suburban Extended Stay will be your home away from home in Florence, South Carolina. Safe travels! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I'd say you get what you pay for but I've stayed in cheaper hotels that weren't this nasty. Beds were clean..that's about it. Bathroom was nasty so bring flip flops to shower with. Had an issue with my first room, it smelled strongly of smoke masked by the overwhelming smell of cleaning products. front desk girl Quinn was helpful enough, she switched my room second one still smelled like smoke but not of chemicals. Safe enough area. Stay if you have to but I wouldn't reccomend.

• Stayed: August 2013
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear MARIAT759,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. While we appreciate the positive feedback about our clean beds, helpful staff members, and safe location, we are disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Our goal is to provide clean accommodations for each and every traveler, so we are very sorry that we did not live up to those high standards when you checked in to the first room. We would like to thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention during your visit so that we could find you a new guest room to better meet your travel needs. Thanks again for all of your time. It is feedback like yours that allows us to improve the overall experience for future guests. We hope that you will stay with us in the future so that we can provide the excellent service and accommodations that you and all of our guests deserve.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Two beds, nice sink and granite vanity, a sitting area with table and sofa, refrigerator, microwave, yes, old TV, a work desk and chair, free wi-fi, pool, hot water, clean sheets and linens, good a/c, parking slot right outside the room, easy on/off from I-95, lots of restaurants nearby......all this at a VERY low price! People have talked about bad experiences( bugs, or housekeeping, etc.) but we had none of this. A word about "roaches"....to us Southerners they are Palmetto bugs and any honest person will admit that no matter how much poison you put out you are going to see one from time to time IN YOUR OWN KITCHEN! Deal with it......they cannot kill you. As for the reported lack of cleanliness in some cases, I suppose the housekeeping folks just messed up, but this is obviously not a total condition. It happens in the most expensive hotels too. You won't expect to have any chocolates on your pillow at this hotel. It is a value hotel. If you want a deal this is your place.

Room Tip: First floor toward the rear. Rooms numbered 170 plus.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Conmassey,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate all of the kind words about our unique amenities, convenient location, and great value. We strive to offer a clean, comfortable environment for each and every traveler, so we are delighted to hear all of your positive feedback! We truly appreciate you recommending our hotel to fellow travelers and hope that you will come back to see us again soon!