“Awesome Experience”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #33 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I really thought the place was a great deal and super nice......... The room was extremely clean, granite countertops in the kitchenette and bathroom....... The WIFI worked great.....
I thought the beds were extremely comfortable and it was very very quiet !

It was right next to a McDonalds and there was a Quiznos in the lobby........

Seemed like a lot of there customers were men who were working at nearby construction sites......

I was totally impressed....... I would Highly Recommend it..... Heidi at the desk was very nice........ very close to 95 so it was easy to get on and off the highway !

As I drove into South Carolina, I stopped at the Rest Area and picked up the flyer that advertises motel/hotel prices....... There was a coupon for $38 for a double........ I think that was for Sunday through Thursday....... $6 more on the weekend.......
A super nice place for that rate !!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Shipguy

Reviewed 13 July 2009

Stopped for 1 night on our way to Myrtle Beach, SC. The hotel was very clean, the beds were comfortable. There is not a hair dryer in the room. The pool area was very nice and clean also. Quizno's subs in lobby. No continental breakfast. For 54.00 could not go wrong...........

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2008

We got back to the hotel late after the NASCAR race and our pillows didn't have pillow cases. The front desk attendant refused to find us pillow cases and told us to just use our towels. We were not provided coffee. When we checked out, they accidentally used our card for someone elses room. The hotel refused to help us with this mistake and we are in the process of disputing the charge through our credit card company. It's been an absolutely terrible experience all around.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank coldwaterskier
Reviewed 14 May 2008

While traveling south my wife and I stopped in Florence, SC and stayed at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel.

THE GOOD - The motel was right off the highway and had easy access to many restaurants, gas stations and convenience stores. The room was very well appointed and had a small kitchen, a table, pair of chairs and a very comfortable bed. They did have wifi, which we used and the signal was very strong but I should note that the room was located close to the lobby. Parking was at your door. The check-in was smooth and the best part was the price. Continental breakfast was included. We asked for and received a military discount and paid about $41 which included tax.

THE BAD - The room smelled like cigarette smoke even though we were in a clearly marked non-smoking room. The bed spread had an especially heavy smoke oder. The air conditioner emitted a very moldy smell and upon closer examination I could actually see some sort of dusty looking fungus inside the slats. We found a pubic hair in the shower wall at eye level but the place was not excessively dirty by any means. The noise level is fairly high with the A/C off but we expected it to be located so close to I-95, a very heavily travelled highway. We did not expect the roar of the never-ending train that went by at about 11pm. We had take out dinner from the on-site Quiznos which was very convenient and of the quality we expected. The breakfast was very poor as a young man stood watch over juice, coffee and donut bites. There may have been more but I missed it.

THE WEIRD - The cable TV offered an extended number of channels, but as we layed in bed and surfed through we came across a channel that featured a show called, "Puppetry of the P_nis". It featured fully nude men contorting their private parts into all kinds of shapes in front of a live audience. The strangest show we have ever seen but so weird you can't look away.

THE BOTTOM LINE - A fantastic price for a dated, smelly room. If you can stand the smell or smoke yourself then this would be an okay choice.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 12 May 2008

Usually stay at a Sleep Inn or Comfort Inn but decided to try a less expensive stay for a night. The exterior looks lovely but the interior room left something to be desired. Liked that the room featured a kitchenette with a stove & fridge. Also liked the location, right off I-95 and near restaurants and gas stations. Didn't like the plugged-up tub drain or the dead cockroach greeting me on the kitchen floor tile. With a bit better cleaning/maintenance, this would have been a nice stay for the money.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank phil_thesalesman
Reviewed 19 June 2006

I wish there was a review posted before we stayed in March 06. This place was a disappointment. I think what bothers me the most is that some sites have this as a 3 star hotel?!?!? Our room had baby roaches (which come from adult roaches...) and although we only saw 3, they say that for everyone you see there are like a million waiting to crawl in your ear while you sleep. I know it's the south, but not what I needed after a day of travel. We had to keep our bags in the car to avoid infestation and did not sleep well. If it were not so late and if I thought other rooms would have been different, we would have requested a room change. The bar seemed to be O.K. and lively and we never ate at the quiznos or anything, so I won't put them down for this. We felt OK safe, but were not huge fans of the town or location. I don't mind putting an extra dime or so into a nicer place to stay, I just wish I knew where that would be for this general area. I was not interested in staying near "south of the border" and probably would not rate so low if it were not advertised as a three star hotel. This is my first "bad" review and I sort of feel guilty, but I felt bad that my pregnant wife slept in her clothes on top of towels, since she did not have much faith in the sheets.

Chris

• Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank Swaney
Reviewed 12 June 2006

completely awful !!!!! first of all, the room was clean, but it was GROSS. Last year, for the nascar race, my neighbors got rashes all over their legs from the beds. This year for the race, we had to stay here and our neughbors said they felt sorry for us. We walked into the room which had a non smoking sign on the door, bathroom window, and on our reservations, but it smelled like a Cigarette factory. As I walk into the bathroom, i noticed a large pubic hair on top of the ONLY! washcloth that we had. eww. there were 4 of us staying there, and ALL of us woke up with a backache then next morning. PLEASE, try to stay anywhere else if AT ALL POSSIBLE!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business