Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times while in town on business. It is a very nice hotel and the rooms have always been nice and clean. The front desk clerks are always very polite and helpful in any way, especially the young man that checked me in last week during my afternoon arrival. (Sorry I don't recall his name) On my last stay the other week, the only negative I encountered was the breakfast both mornings. I went to get breakfast around 6:45 both mornings and there was no coffee the first morning and only one pot full the next. There was barely any food out and this kind of puzzled me being down there this early. Other than that, my stay(s) have always been nice here. One other note...there are very few places to eat real close by but this hotel has some of the best prices compared to the others closer to the downtown area. Overall great hotel and I will most likely continue to stay at this location when in town on business !

Room Tip: Not many places to eat close by, so you will have to drive into town about 10 miles or so to find so...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We have addressed the issue with the coffee @ 6:45am so hopefully this will be resolved! Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

it was a basic hotel off 95......we were heading home to Fl. and decided to stop for the night. The room was clean and comfortable. Nothing special. We did not stay for breakfast as we had an early early start.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you for your review! I always appreciate it when I hear from our guests so thank you again. I am glad you found the room clean and the beds comfortable, and please remember us again when you come to Florence we hope to be your first stop and maybe you will have time for breakfast then!

Reviewed 11 January 2013

This was a real quick stop for us- just an overnight after a full day of driving on our way to Siesta Key, FL. We Hotwired the room and paid about 119.00. I think the price was fair, but maybe on the high end of fair.
The young man at the front desk was incredibly friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived. the lobby was clean, bright and welcoming, and they had free cookies- an amenity that my three year old appreciated!
The room was spacious and clean, and the beds were cozy. The small upholstered side chair did have some pretty major stains on it, which skeeved all of us out and no one would sit in it. The bathroom was clean and the shower was great.
Our biggest complaint was that the air conditioner was REALLY REALLY loud. Something was definitely wrong with it. It made crazy noises and woke us up in the middle of the night several times. At one point in the night we even considered asking to be moved. But the exhaustion from 12 hours on the road coupled with the prospect of facing 10 more the next day made us decide not to bother. We were up before 6am anyways. if we hadn't been on the move and only having a less than 12 hour stay, we certainly would have complained.
Otherwise, it was a great place. We would definitely stay again, and most likely will the next time we pass through Florence.

Room Tip: Room 105 was the one with the super loud AC unit
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and let me apologize for the maintenance issues and the stained chair both have been taken care of so thank you for reporting them to us! I love to hear from all of our guests so thank you for taking the time! I hope that the next time you are in Florence you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I stayed here for five nights and I was very pleased. The staff was very friendly, all of them. I was helped very politely. The hotel is easy to find and has a large parking area. The rooms are very nice, roomy and clean. The bed was very good. The hotel is not big, so I got easily a cosy feeling. The fitness room could be bigger, but was well equipped. The pool was nice and clean.
For a nice dinner you have to go outside. For a shortstayer there are fastfood facilities around enough.

I had a room at the road side of the hotel, which woke me up in the morning due heavy truck traffic. I was planning to change the room, but by switching the heater/airco low on, the noise didn´t disturb at all. So I stayed.

I will certainly come back here for the next time visiting Florence.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Thank you for staying with us! And thank you for going the extra mile and writing a reveiw about your stay! All feedback is welcome it is our pleasure to serve you! I hope that if you pass through Florence again then you will stay here again!

Reviewed 29 December 2012

This is a basic roadside hotel that serves I-95 travelers. The room was comfortable, spacious, and clean. Free wifi and breakfast made for a good value. We paid for $101 through Hotwire, but found out that we could have paid just $79 - ah well, we usually get good deals through Hotwire, with the occasional overpaying such as this. But the Holiday Inn Express is a good, short-stay type of place, on par with Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suties, and Hampton Inn (we often stay at Hilton-branded properties). I'd be willing to stay here again, and to reocmmend this to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! I appreciate that someone who normally stays at differnt brands chose our hotel when you were in Florence. There are alot of choices out there for everyone and we appreciate your business! Please find us again the next time you are in Florence!

Reviewed 20 December 2012

I stay at this hotel at the end of November 29th-December 3rd 2012 and on my second day there we said we didn't want any room service pulse we had the sign on the door . But someone that works there went in our room and stolen my jewelry out of the room with in 15 mins of me going downstairs . Spoke to the front person she act like she was concerned and check the camera and the key card and erase what was on the camera because she would not let me see the camera or what she was doing behind the desk the manager Angie ... Didn't care let about what happen.
We had to end up going to the police station and filling a report on the hotel. I WILL NEVER EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN
SO DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR FIND ANOTHER HOTEL !

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2012

Thank you Mrs. Ellerby we appreciate all guest feedback. Since you are a Holiday Inn Express employee in Quakertown, PA you know that the locks are fool proof and no one can enter the hotel room door without a key, and when we read the lock the only keys that had entered your room since you checked in were the keys issued to YOU at the front desk at check in. No staff key or any other key entered your room only yours.
We also viewed the camera and saw you and your husband enter your room and no one else entered your room - we did not erase anything. We saw housekeeping clean the room beside yours, but never went to your room because you had a do not disturb on your door. I can offer no explanation as to what happened to your jewelry, but I can positively say that according to the camera and the lock on your door our staff did not enter your room at any time. The camera was right there on your door there is no way anyone could have snuck in without being caught by it.

Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

We were traveling from MD to Florida and needed a nice place to relax. This was a good choice. We found a coupon book and got the room much cheaper than the walk-ins were getting with AAA.

Rooms were clean, neat, fridge and microwave. Bed andto pillows were comfygetting and a great nights rest. Bathroom large. Fast food options and easy on/off I95

• Stayed: December 2012
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We do appreciate hearing feedback from all of our guest! Good Job on locating our coupon we use it on slow nights to fill beds! We hope that if you find yourself in the Florence area again we will be your first choice!