“Nice hotel...bed horrendous”

Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Toms River, New Jersey
“Nice hotel...bed horrendous”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night..hotel is very nice looking and clean, staff is wonderful..showers are very powerful..bed however,was horrible..which is unfortunate since the reason for our stay was purely just to sleep. On a positive note, front desk refunded us points which is why I gave this hotel 4 stars and not 3. Thank you for a nice breakfast also.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad that my staff was able to take care of your issues and want to apologize for your issues with the bed. This has been resolved because you took the time to report it to us! I also want to thank you for your loyalty to our brand!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
UK
Reviewed 16 October 2013

After several hours on route 95 we stopped at the information centre to find it closed........luckily we picked up a voucher book and found this hotel advertising a $ 40 discount. We were pleased with our choice...they gave us a twin bedded room ( comfy queen size beds ) which had a microwave and coffee maker, considering it was a Saturday evening and we stopped on spec we were happy.
It was very clean and tidy, TV, free Internet access..there is a swimming pool which looked inviting, especially the next morning.
Breakfast choices were good, self service buffet type with lots of choice, items like yogurts and milk are kept in a small fridge, there are hot choices too, sausages, omelettes, fresh fruit etc
Staff friendly and welcoming.
Only disadvantage was that there are only fast food choices nearby, if you want a sit down meal you need to go to the next exit, but we chose to go to Zaxby's next door which was fine.

As it happened the voucher gave us the best price, so worth stopping to pick a book up
Friendly helpful staff.

One tip - the entrance is not that clear, you need to go to the lights and enter at the rear of the property....

Room Tip: Well with stopping at the Information/ rest area and picking up a voucher book for the best price. T...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you so much! I am pleased that you found your stay with us to your liking! Please stay with us again the next time you are in the Florence area again.
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Great hotel and very clean. It is away from eveything in Florence. I wish they had a bar or restaurant inside the hotel but the breakfast is great and great customer service. Rooms were very clean and water pressure in shower was the best water pressure ever!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Efsmac
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We hear that all the time about the water pressure it is the best! Thank you for your business and we will see you again the next time you are in Florence, SC!
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very simple, Return customer, I gave them more than 24hrs notice, they do not refund your money if you cancel your reservation. If I knew this policy I would have booked else where. Things happen in people's lives, should they be charged for nothing? Manager was very arrogant saying I should not be angry, sure I'll be happy that you are stealing my money with out providing a service. They seem to be so cheap and greedy that they don't even air condition their hallways.

Go to a Hampton Inn. It's a better hotel in every way and prices are CHEAPER! Same amenities free and better breakfast oh and they offer full refunds and air condition their hallways!

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Posiden226
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
I do apologize again for the cancellation policy, and do hope that you will continue to use our brand.
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel was the perfect place to spend the night as we traveled along I95 over the Labor Day Weekend. There are 2 Holiday inn Express & Suites in the Florence area, and honestly I picked this one because it had the availability we needed when booking the reservation - 2 queen beds in a suite. What a delightful surprise! We arrived around 11pm, we were greeted warmly by the desk clerk on duty who efficiently checked us in. When we reached our room, we were dlighted to find a large, spacious room that was nicely furnished. The room was well maintianed with comfy beds and a spotless bathroom (critical for me). Breakfast was better than many 'express' breakfasts - lots of variety: sausage gravy, biscuits, eggs, bacon, signature Holiday Inn cinnamon rolls, plus the usual assortment of danish, yogurt, cereals, etc. The breakfast bar was well-stocked and and again, spotless. Upon checkout, the desk clerk made sure our stay was pleasant and invited us back the next time we were in the area. There are lots of hotel choices in the area, especially an exit or two down where I-20 intersects I95, but this one provided easy access from the interstate and the area isn't congested. The only drawback is that there aren't a lot of restaurants in the area; however, since we arrived late and left early, we could have missed them. If you're lookng for a great place to stay in Florence area, treat yourself to this Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words and great review! As with all reviews I will share this with my staff! With so many lodging choices out there we are happy that you chose us and we look forward to your next stay!
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Well, If you're lookin for a quiet & safe place to stop overnight just off I-95 without the hassle of a busy city roads downtown...then, this is your best bet for your transit stop.
Our upper room #417 was squeaky clean with open space views, a standard room/ bathroom size good enough for our family of 5 (2 queens).
I can say this hotel is probably less than 2 yrs old bec it's still smells new & furnishings are in mint conditions esp. the mattresses (have a bad back but didn't complaint when I woke up :).
With a cozy dine area with flat screen TV & fireplace for free breakfast, clean lobby, abundant parking areas & open spaces around the property. Thou, I noticed numbers of truck trailers parked around the property w/c I think are hotel's transients too.
Both front desk persons during chk in/ out were very respectful esp. on AM shift person who also prepared the coffee & breakfast. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Toyniki
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you so much for your review and the thought you put into it! I have passed along your comments to my staff thank you and we hope you stay with us again the next time you find yourself in Florence, SC!
asheville, nc
Reviewed 21 June 2013

In this class of hotel, this was definitely better than most. Super clean rooms and comfortable beds. Little noisy so ask for a room on the back side. Typically breakfast with a nice area to eat, relax or watch tv. Cookies in the lobby are an added bonus :) More expensive that I would have thought but maybe because of the time of year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank your for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay please if you need anything let us know! I look forward to your next stay!