Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Lexington, South Carolina
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here two nights and enjoyed Southern hospitality; the staff was engaging and helpful. The breakfast bar had good coffee and a variety of items which included fresh fruit. At night, the desk staff popped corn and put out cookies. One thing I had not seen before was monogrammed pillow cases indicating "firm" and "soft"; four pillows per bed which was nice. I would suggest putting towel bars in the bathroom to encourage people to reuse towels if they are staying more than one night. There was only one tiny hook on the back of the bathroom door. Room was comfortable.

Room Tip: There are only four floors so I think any location is good and elevators came quickly. This is not...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you so much for your reveiw! I am so glad you had a great stay and please the next time you find yourself in Florence, SC stay with us again! Thank you for your business!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stopped here on our way to Savannah...pleasantly surprised! The front dest staff was very friendly and efficient...the hotel looked new...it was very clean and modern looking...our room was great...the shower was new and updated...the bed was comfortable and fresh...breakfast was a little skimpy but still ok...one nice touch was the lady who greets guests in the breakfast room..she was a pleasure to talk with...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you so much! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I will pass on to Ms. Valerie your compliments. She is the best!
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was very reasonably priced, and it appeared to be very updated, modern and clean. I was really surprised to hear it was over nine years old, it looked brand new inside and out. It sits in the middle of nowhere, nothing around except this hotel and a Zaxby's chicken place. The staff was great went above and beyond in order to made sure we were satisfied. It is right off I-95, a great location for easy off/on to the Interstate. The next morning we found the full breakfast buffet adequate, and with a very casual atmosphere, making it a perfect way to start out another driving day.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We just finished a remodel and are so glad that you noticed! Thank you for such high praise. We hope to serve you again if you find yourself in the Florence area again!
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We really liked this hotel. Not only was it very reasonable, but it appeared to be very updated and clean. It included a full breakfast buffet, very casual - perfect to start out another driving day. We actually stayed twice - on the way south and then back north. It is right off I-96, a great location. There are many great restaurants that are within that area.

Room Tip: Great value and I will always stay here while driving to Florida!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate the fact that you chose our hotel with so many choices out there thank you! We hope to see you again the next time your are in Florence, SC!
Port Arthur, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed at this location as one of my stops and I found it was a bit over rated.This place is not worth 150.00 a night.I had stayed in the Holiday Inn at Bells Rd. in Richmond,Va the night before for 109.00.This location has no restaurant at it and there was nothing special about it to be that expensive.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you so much for your review! I do hope that you will try us again the next time you are in the area!
Latta, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed there during this last ice storm - everything was great No power at my house for 3 days staff was great went above and beyond ---alot of people without power and they did everything they could to help us out- they were turning people away there were so many in need heard them tell one couple pembroke, NC was the next Holiday Inn Express that that rooms - staff barely had time to breath but they always had a smile on their face was a nice thing to see

Room Tip: When you have no power you really are not all that picky but rooms was nice and clean
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
THANK YOU! We appreciate your review and it was a very exciting week for all of us to say the least! It was very sad the number of people without electricity seeking shelter from the cold.
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I chose this hotel because it's conveniently located off the highway.
I stayed there once before a year or two ago and had no problems, checked in late, got a room and went to sleep.
This time I was traveling from Atlanta on 1/31/14 due to the snow storm major highways were closed and had delays leaving the state.

I am familiar with the cancellation policy, so I called and spoke a woman in the morning, I clearly explained the situation and kindly asked that since they had already charged my credit card for one night, if I could come in the next day and stayed there because I was still traveling in that direction. The front desk agent agreed.

The next night I called to confirm my reservation and told them I was going to be a late arrival.
I arrived around 2am tired from the tedious drive, checked in, and went to sleep.
When I checked out early the next morning, I asked the person at the desk if she was the one that I had spoken with on the phone the prior morning because I wanted to thank her for modifying my reservation. It was not the same lady, but I checked with her to make sure I was only going to be charged for one night. She said she didn't see any comments on my reservation and told me to speak with the General Manager.

From the beginning the General Manager was rude, told me she had looked into it but couldnt see who had made the changes in my reservation which is A LIE because every agent has their own log in to the reservations system. She proceeded to say that all calls are recorded and that she was going to listen to the tape, ANOTHER LIE. The only calls that are recorded are the ones with the Corporate Office and Reward Club Members. She said she was going to ask all three people to see who spoke with me and if in fact it was true, I won't get charged.
She made me feel like I was lying to her when I told her I spoke with someone in the morning, she even made me show her my iPhone to see if I had called, I had no objection and showed her that I was on the phone with the agent for two full minutes. She kept lying and said she could've sold the room for 10 times more because of the bad weather, which is not only considered PRICE GOUGING but also shows how GREEDY she is. If I would've known they were going to charge me for an additional night, I wouldve stayed somewhere else closer and not drive the extra 3 hrs to check in at 2am and use the bed for only 5 hours.

10 days later I still didnt hear from them so I called, the Manager wasnt there so I left a voice mail. The front desk agent that helped me that morning actually called me back and denied everything! So if supposedly they record the calls, the manager shouldve listened to the 2 min conversation.

I tried to fix this issue with them but they weren't helpful.
My stay here went from average to unpleasant and put Holiday Inn Express hotel went from being on my A-list to a C-list next time I travel and I am definitely not staying here again.

Working in the hotel industry for so long I know this could've been an easy problem to resolve but they decided to make an extra buck and lose me as customer and my company!

Room Tip: Avoid the rude manager by all means and make sure they don't overcharge you. Ask to get an emai...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I did in fact talk with the employee that you had talked to so thank you for telling me what time you called so I would know which employee to question. Just like I told you if my employee did in fact say that you would not be charged then we would honor that. She said that she never said any such thing the only thing she found funny was that you told her your ASSISTANT forgot to call and change the dates, but you would still be coming this way just a day later so she honored the employee rate for you one more time. I do apologize for the misunderstand you stayed here on the IHG Employee rate saying that you were in fact an employee of IHG, and since you work in the industry we assumed that you know about cancellation times and the penalty for not cancelling.