“No reason not to stay here”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Orlando, Florida
“No reason not to stay here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you are traveling and are in the area, there is absolutely no reason not to stay here for the night. The prices were reasonable, the service was great, the room was clean and spacious, and everything worked. The breakfast was was spotless and the breakfast itself was "traditonal Holiday Inn Express". There are a lot of dumpy run down hotels near interstate exits, this is not one of them.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Man_from_Dola
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much! We do appreciate your business and your review of our property! We hope to see you again if you are in the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We chose to make an evening reservation while on the road just a few miles from the hotel, based on the nice reviews on TripAdvisor. Everything was great, with a super fast check in, until we stretched out on the bed. The noises and squeaks from the box spring were insanely loud - the worst I'd ever heard in a hotel...it didn't matter if we rolled over gently or plopped down on the bed - it was loud! Since we'd just gotten in the room, I went to the front desk to tell them and see if we could change rooms. They were very accommodating and as we hadn't been in the room long enough to mess it up, moved us down the hall. The bed was better, but...the springs squeaked and made noise there as well - we couldn't believe it! The noise wasn't quite as bad, not enough to keep us awake all night like the other room had been at least, but it was still much noisier than it should have been for a hotel of this caliber.

I am very easy to please usually - and hate making a fuss about much, but after the bed incident had already made me wonder why i had to 'settle' for the noise when paying 150 bucks for a room, I decided I had to say something to the staff before leaving when i realized there was a dirty washcloth left hanging over our shower curtain rod when cleaning up in the morning. I proceeded on my way out to talk to the lady at the front desk, sharing all these thoughts - believe her name was Amanda - and she was more than pleasant, offering to adjust the cost of our room due to the problems. I had initially planned on giving no better than an overall 4 rating, however, one factor and one factor alone made the difference and made me go with the five stars: Customer Service. This hotel has it in great abundance - coming from a visit to Disney World, I couldn't help but think of how proud Walt would have been of this team's customer service...they all helped out, made me feel welcome, took care of everything and didn't make me feel like anything was 'my fault'.

To add, the facilities and room were great, the breakfast very nice (though the serving area is a tight fit and could maybe use some work in making things more accessible to people when there is a bit of a crowd), and all in all it was a GREAT stay those earlier things excepted. I appreciate that the general manager reads and responds to reviews on here, and this is why I wanted to ensure that I made it a point to review - your people are doing a great job (but PLEASE have those bed springs fixed!!!)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! Your feed back is a crucial part of our business. I do want to apologize once again for the issues you encountered with the noisy beds and wash cloth, and would like you to know that these issues have been addressed. Thank you so much for your kind words about Amanda she is one of the best, and I will make sure that she reads your review. Not every stay can be 100% perfect but the main thing is how do we handle it and I am so pleased that you were satisfied. Please if you are in the area again we would love to see you again!
Kissimmee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were on our way back home and needed a place to stay for the night. Unfortunately we found out, after calling around, that many of the hotels in the area were sold out. At 8:30pm we were tired and were pleased that this hotel had some rooms available. The best they could do was a king suite for $154. We took it. The room itself was updated and looked fine. It wasn't until the lights were turned off that we noticed the problems. One of my pillowcases was torn. There were half drapes (I hate them) which allowed lots of light to come in. We faced the front of the hotel and I guess they never updated the windows. The road noise was really loud. I have a hearing problem and it was loud to me. The breakfast in the morning was good. The pancake machine that had a problem in a different Holiday Inn Express was working perfectly and put out two good sized pancakes in a minute. I doubt if I would stay here again. Especially for that price. I need my sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review! I am so sorry to hear that you had trouble finding the black outs in your room it sounds like they were left open and the light was coming in through the sheers. Again I do apologize. I am so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast pancakes! Please if you find yourself in Florence, SC give us one more chance to win your loyalty!
Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here two nights and enjoyed Southern hospitality; the staff was engaging and helpful. The breakfast bar had good coffee and a variety of items which included fresh fruit. At night, the desk staff popped corn and put out cookies. One thing I had not seen before was monogrammed pillow cases indicating "firm" and "soft"; four pillows per bed which was nice. I would suggest putting towel bars in the bathroom to encourage people to reuse towels if they are staying more than one night. There was only one tiny hook on the back of the bathroom door. Room was comfortable.

Room Tip: There are only four floors so I think any location is good and elevators came quickly. This is not...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your reveiw! I am so glad you had a great stay and please the next time you find yourself in Florence, SC stay with us again! Thank you for your business!
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stopped here on our way to Savannah...pleasantly surprised! The front dest staff was very friendly and efficient...the hotel looked new...it was very clean and modern looking...our room was great...the shower was new and updated...the bed was comfortable and fresh...breakfast was a little skimpy but still ok...one nice touch was the lady who greets guests in the breakfast room..she was a pleasure to talk with...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you so much! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I will pass on to Ms. Valerie your compliments. She is the best!
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was very reasonably priced, and it appeared to be very updated, modern and clean. I was really surprised to hear it was over nine years old, it looked brand new inside and out. It sits in the middle of nowhere, nothing around except this hotel and a Zaxby's chicken place. The staff was great went above and beyond in order to made sure we were satisfied. It is right off I-95, a great location for easy off/on to the Interstate. The next morning we found the full breakfast buffet adequate, and with a very casual atmosphere, making it a perfect way to start out another driving day.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We just finished a remodel and are so glad that you noticed! Thank you for such high praise. We hope to serve you again if you find yourself in the Florence area again!
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We really liked this hotel. Not only was it very reasonable, but it appeared to be very updated and clean. It included a full breakfast buffet, very casual - perfect to start out another driving day. We actually stayed twice - on the way south and then back north. It is right off I-96, a great location. There are many great restaurants that are within that area.

Room Tip: Great value and I will always stay here while driving to Florida!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate the fact that you chose our hotel with so many choices out there thank you! We hope to see you again the next time your are in Florence, SC!