“Good location but rooms not clean”

SpringHill Suites Florence
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I am a fan of Marriott hotel and this hotel is in a good location not far from the highway. I arrived a bit early and had to wait until they identified a room that was cleaned and available. When I entered the room it was not completely ready yet. Found that the room was not properly clean but it was for sure comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 January 2013

I stayed here on 01/19/13-01/20/13 and I must say I was very impressed. The girl at the front desk was very professional. She checked me in fast and was very curteous. She did not explain any ammentites to me but thats ok. The room was very clean and comfy. I am a Marriott assciate and this room is far better than where I work. I will def stay here again!!! I reccommend this hotel. Well worth the money!

Room Tip: I like the higher floor rooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel on New Year's Eve on our way from FL to MD. The room was very nice. There was a sitting area which made for an easier time to ring in the new year without having to disturb our sleeping kids. It was clean, easy to get to off the interstate, and near several restaurants and shopping. Overall a great experience. If I have one negative to say it is that there are never enough towels in a room for two adults and two kids and the shampoo and conditioner that they provide is sub par.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I personally stay in hotels about 80 nites a year on business. This time was pleasure traveling to Florida with my family. I must say this recent visit was in my top 3 of all time. What made this special was the set up of the Springhill Suites rooms. When traveling on the road 12 hours with kids, it is important for kids in the hotel to have their space from mom and dad (and vice versa!) The fragrance and look of this huge room was so clean and inviting. After sleeping in the following morning, we noticed we were late for the 9:30 am breakfast but thought we would still try to grab a coffee. The girl in charge of the breakfast noticed we looked hungry and pulled out of the kitchen some hot sausage, ham and eggs so I could feed my family. We could not thank her enough for her kindness and extra effort. The front desk was so friendly giving suggestions on where to eat and could not do enough to make us feel welcome. The Springhill Suites team in Florence SC sets the bar for other hotels to follow!

Room Tip: It is best not to be the door that leads to the back parking lot.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2012

This hotel offers a room with 2 double beds and 1 large sofa bed, so it was ideal for our family of 4, including our 14-year-old son and 10-year-old daughter, because each child got a separate bed. No hassles with rollaway beds necessary here. We arrived late at 1:30 a.m., but our room with all 3 beds was ready for us. Even the sofa bed was comfortable. The room was clean and spacious. It included a small refrigerator, a microwave oven, and a large flat-screen TV. The shower and toilet are in the bathroom, but the sink is outside the bathroom, which is convenient when multiple family members need to get ready in the evening or next morning. Hotel is conveniently located less than a mile from the intersection of I-95 and I-20 in Florence, South Carolina. Many restaurants are located within a half-mile of the hotel. The parking lot is well lit at night.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite with "2 double beds and 1 sofa bed."
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank K S
Reviewed 28 December 2012

This is our go-to stop during our FL-MD trek. It's right off 95, the hotel and guest rooms are very clean, the staff is very polite, and there are plenty of places to eat nearby. Beds are super comfortable. It's also in a bustling area unlike a lot of other hotels off 95.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank E K
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We selected this property after TA reviews steered us away from a cheaper Marriott option in the area. This was a very good choice. Our room was about as close to a suite as I've seen; the living room area was mostly separated from the sleeping area by a large wall, so my husband and I could keep slightly different hours and I could play on the computer without waking him up. Everything was clean and well-kept and there were real glasses in the bathroom for our adult beverages. Water was drinkable- less chlorine-tasting than most hotels. Wi-Fi was user-friendly and a reasonable speed.

One minor complaint: no on-line menu of what shows were on the TV, only a listing of channels. I also felt that the gym was small for the property. The good news: three practicaly new Lifecycle machines (2 treadmills and an elliptical trainer) with TV screens and iPod inputs. The bad news: that's about all there was other than weights and a weight bench. No stationary bike, for example. The indoor pool was pretty small; I saw a family enjoying it as I was in the Fitness Center and I would have hard a hard time swimming laps around them.

Breakfast was fine- the usual hot breakfast items including sausage patties, biscuits and hockey-puck-shaped eggs.

The hotel is close to a large mall and there are a number of franchised-food options available. I got takeout from Olive Garden.

We'd stay here again.