“Great stopover”

Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Orlando, Florida
“Great stopover”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I made the reservation on my iPhone while driving in with the family from Washington DC. 15 minutes after making the reservation, I called the property around 11:15 pm to ask them if they would please make up the sleeper sofa, because my kids were tired and would want to go right to sleep. The front desk clerk didn't bat an eye and told me she would make sure it was taken care of.

We got to the hotel just after midnight and checked right in. Apparently the hotel just completed a major remodeling and has gone non-smoking. The front desk clerk asked us to initial a form, stating that we would not smoke in the room. This was a first for me, but welcome since we don't smoke. We also asked for a bottle of water before we went up to the room and instead of getting one out of the pantry and billing it to our room, the clerk went to their kitchen and brought a free one out to us. We really appreciated the water and the clerk's generosity.

We went up to the room, which was very clean, complete with a made up sleeper sofa. The indoor pool near the lobby called to my children! After a good night's sleep, we enjoyed the hot breakfast downstairs and hit the road again.

This is a nice, well maintained Springhill Suites. Lots of shopping and restaurants within walking distance in a good neighborhood. Excellent staff. If you're in Florence for business or pleasure, this was an excellent value and a quality stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank David G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Glenn Dale, Maryland
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Not only is the Springhill Suites in Florence beautifully maintained, clean as a whistle, and convenient to the highway...it is also blissfully quiet and relaxing. Although in proximity to I-95 with an easy on/easy off location, it is totally out of earshot of any traffic noise, so very easy to get a sound night's sleep!

While another guest complained about the room layout, I found it to be excellent. Kitchenette/sitting area is largely separated from the sleeping area, allowing one person to go to bed early and the other to stay awake and read or compute.

Charges are a bit steep considering that this hotel is in a small town, but other than that, I recommend it highly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
White Plains, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2013

A great time as usual i stay at marroitts all the time this one has nice rooms and a ok pool and hot tub the location is great close to highway and all the food to eat. chucke cheese is down the street for the kids a nice area. they rooms are very large and clean. if they had queen beds instead it would be perfect.the free breakfast is good they only had blueberry waffles this past weekend uhhh!! other then that it was good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Travelled here on business. I like SpringHill Suites overall and this fits into their standard branding. There are lots of restaurants near the hotel, many within walking distance. My room had somewhat of a funky layout which made it difficult to watch tv, but overall I enjoyed the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank FloridaGatorFan
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed one night at the Marriott Springhill Suites. The room was very large but it would have been nicer if the beds were queens rather than full beds. The room is large enough. Great bar area and sofa with desk. Bathroom is also spacious. Breakfast is included but it is just average. I also felt the rate was high but does seem comparable to other hotels in the area. Front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
maryland
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Nothing to complain about here. Clean, comfortable, convenient. Many thanks to Miss Fran for the TOP NOTCH customer service. As a tired and weary driver, she made what could have been a major inconvenience work in my favor. I've already made my reservation for a return visit.

The hotel is located right off of I-95. Close to the mall, Florence Civic Center, shops, eateries, gas.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
South Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed here while hubby was there for federal jury selection. We found it to be very clean and convenient to many shops and restaurants. The staff members we encountered were very helpful and very pleasant. We stayed in a king suite. We liked the layout, but the beds were a bit too hard for me (I have Fibromyalgia and missed my pillow top mattress!) but hubby thought they were comfortable. Breakfast was typical hotel/motel fare but we found it satisfying. We would stay here again when in Florence.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business