“Clean, Comfortable, Convenient, Friendly and HONEST”

SpringHill Suites Florence
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Florence
North Bethesda, Maryland
“Clean, Comfortable, Convenient, Friendly and HONEST”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Have you ever left an item in a hotel room and realized that there is NO way it would ever be "found"? Well, not at Marriott's Springhill Suites in Florence, SC! Thanks to a very honest housekeeper and front desk staff who called and emailed me to notify me my earrings had been found and they would hold them or mail them to me.
They also receive our kudos and our business for providing healthy breakfast choices by very pleasant and competent breakfast service staff. The rooms are clean and comfortable and they go out of their way to give us a convenient room as we travel with two small service animals.
The location is right off i95 and you can walk to restaurants - which is important after 10 hours of sitting in a car.
The Springhill Suites in Florence will remain our go to stop when traveling the East Coast on i95 and I encourage you to book there.

Room Tip: We like rooms on the ground level. There is a military memorial park behind the hotel for a nice wa...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
SpringHillFlorenceSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Florence, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
We are always so happy when we are able to reunite lost items with their owners. We truly are blessed with amazingly thoughtful associates who take great care of our Guests! Thank you for your kind remarks about our healthy breakfast and clean and comfortable rooms. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay!

Rion McAllister

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Overall this was what I have come to expect from a Marriott hotel and just in last year I have moved from staying at Fairfield Inn's to Springhill Suites mainly because of larger rooms and the breakfast offered. This hotel mostly filled my expectations. It was conveniently located, clean, well designed, well kept, and had a friendly staff. The two areas that missed my expectations was the breakfast menu and the price charged for the room. The breakfast menu was a major disappointment as it appears that who ever is selecting the menu is using the school diet recommendations of the Federal Government. Who would have expected in S.C. in the south mind you would not to have either country sausage or pork bacon? Who wouldn't expect a selection of breads to make toast? Who wouldn't have expected a selection of sweet rolls? There also was no waffle machines. Instead they only had turkey Canadian bacon, only wheat toast, and no sweet rolls. but they had plenty of bagels . Not what I expect and have experienced at most Springhill Suites. My second disappointment was the price which was $122 plus tax and fees of $14.64 totaling $136.64. I noticed that $3.66 of this was for using my Marriott Rewards Visa Card. Something I was not aware that I was charged for using a Marriott credit card which puzzles me. The reason I am not pleased with this charge is that a few nights later I stayed at another Springhill Suites in Savannah GA and the rate was $84.15 plus tax and fees of $10.94 for a totat of $95.09. That is $41.55 less than in Florence SC and Savannah is more of a resort town which Florence is not. Plus they had the normal breakfast I usually see at Springhill Suites including all the items I missed in Florence including waffles.

Room Tip: I always request a high floor room to prevent outside noises or noises from the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for continuing to choose Marriott properties. We were sorry to hear that you did not find what you were looking for from our current breakfast selections. In the summer of 2013 the SpringHill Suites Brand did go through a menu refresh to include healthier options. We still offer tried and true favorites such as muffins, sweet breads, croissants, cereals, yogurt, biscuits and gravy (weekends) waffles (weekends) and both a pork and turkey selection daily. In addition to these delicious breakfast goodies, the SpringHill Suites Brand has added healthy options for our more health conscience travelers such as spinach, salsa, cheese & hot sauce to adorn your scrambled eggs, Turkey Canadian bacon (rotation) Hard cooked eggs, sliced deli meats and cheeses (weekday), cut and whole fruits, nuts and whole wheat bread. All of our meat selections are on a rotation schedule so that we are able to offer our Guests who stay longer that one or two nights with a bit more variety in their breakfast experience.

We apologize if there was any confusion over the rate. Rates can fluctuate quite a bit from city to city depending on a large number of factors ranging from city events to expected occupancy for a particular night. We would also like to apologize that it appears on your bill to have charged you for the use of your VISA. We do not charge for the use of Debit or Credit Cards. We invite you to contact us directly to go over your bill with you and so we can further explain the difference you experienced in price between the two different cities.

Again, we so appreciate your continued loyalty to Marriott. Please contact me directly if ever traveling back through the area so that we have the opportunity to make your stay a great one!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Courtyard, Springhill, Residence inn and a Towne place suties are lined up in a row as you enter Florence. The property is a standard Spring Hill Suites with pool, laundry, exercise facility and free breakfast. My room on the fourth floor was spacious and quiet and well appointed. The exercise facility had a nice selection of weights and was very clean. Breakfast was typical of this chain and well executed. The staff was not overly friendly but did respond to questions with useful information. There was a marked quality difference between the night and day staff with the day staff much better.

Room Tip: High Floors, ask to be away from family groups.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank James C
SpringHillFlorenceSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Florence, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
We are so glad that you enjoy our SpringHill Suites finding our facility and your Guest Room to be spacious and well-appointed featuring everything you have come to expect from the SpringHill Suites brand! SpringHill Suites hotels are considered all suite properties. At our SpringHill, each room is a studio suite featuring a living area and sleeping quarters separated by a half wall partition. This allows for maximum comfort for our road weary Guests! Thank you also for your comments concerning our breakfast and we are glad that our staff was able to provide you with the necessary information to make your stay more enjoyable. We appreciated your comments concerning our Front Desk as wel,l and will use them to train our staff up. Please stay with us again during your travels!

Rion mcAllister
South Riding, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I drive up and down the I-95 corridor often and, eventually, we'll probably stay at every Marriott property along the way. (Since I'm a Marriott Gold Elite member, I am highly motivated to stay only at Marriott properties.) Last night, we stayed at this one, and I just can't say enough nice things about this hotel. It is conveniently located right off I-95 and not difficult to find. The desk associate greeted us promptly and cheerfully. Our room was ready, and my requested newspaper was waiting on the desk in the room. Like all Springhill Suites, there was a tidy little kitchen, a spacious living and sleeping area, and they even had supplied the extra pillows and towels I had requested. Everything in the room was in perfect working order, and the air conditioner was efficient and quiet. The hotel is very close to several popular chain restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Outback, etc.) which is a real plus after a long day of driving. And then there was the breakfast bar this morning. Wow! I like low-carb options, and this is the best (yes, really the best) breakfast selection I've ever found in a breakfast bar. There was the usual breakfast stuff (cereals, pastries, oatmeal, etc.), of course, and it looked very tasty, but there was also a great selection of cold meat, eggs, and cheese. In addition to the usual scrambled eggs and, in this case, Canadian bacon for a hot breakfast, there was a tray of cold deli ham, two kinds of cheese, boiled eggs, and plenty of strawberries. I could not have been happier! Everything about this overnight stay was great, and I recommend this hotel highly!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Wow! Thank you for such a great review of our property! We are so glad you were greeted with a smile and that your special requests were met! It's the little touches that we believe can make a good stay great! We are blessed to enjoy a fantastic location close to I-95 and I-20 with plenty of shopping and restaurants in the area. We are also so pleased you like the SpringHill Suites breakfast package. The breakfast was redone last summer to feature a greater selection of healthy options for our discerning Guests and the menu items are delicious! Thank you again and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future!

St. George Island, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a few times and hope to do so again. We have always found the staff to be great - on one occasion when they were full (I will always get a reservation now), the hostess spent 20 minutes calling other hotels that she could recommend to find us a room.The rooms are very clean, attractive and well designed for privacy and the occasional meal in, and the little store by the front desk has food if you don't feel like going out or ordering out. There is a veteran's park behind the hotel that provides a nice place for a little stroll and the usual assortment of restaurants nearby, some within walking distance. the complimentary breakfast is very complete and good - hot and cold items. Try the waffles. We have not used the pool, but it is there if you want to take a dip. Rates are not cheap but not very expensive either, and we feel that the comfort provided by this little oasis from Rte. 95 is well worth it.

Room Tip: rear rooms are quieter and some have a park view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SpringHillFlorenceSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Florence, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review! So glad that the service provided by our Front Desk and the selections available for Breakfast were satisfactory. We hope that you will continue to stay with for all of your travel to our area!

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here for 2 nights while visiting the area. We thought the hotel looked new and the room was clean, but once we started interacting with some of the staff things went downhill. We came downstairs with about 10 minutes left for their free breakfast only to experience a rude employee putting food away while people were still in line. I asked about the time (since my phone said 9:27) and was told the only time that mattered was her watch. My wife later told me she was waiting in line for waffles, and the woman took the batter out while she was in line. After leaving the hotel at 11:30 and returning at 3:45, we returned to a room that had not been cleaned and a housekeeper asking if we needed anything for the day. She offered towels, and since we didn't want to wait for our room, we just took them. Admittedly, we didn't bring this up with management but I assumed this was normal for the place and there wasn't much to be gained by doing so. Considering all the other positive reviews, maybe we just had the bad fortune of running into a couple of their worst employees.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SpringHillFlorenceSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Florence, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
We very much appreciate your choosing our SpringHill Suites for your stay in the Florence area. I am very pleased that you found your Guest Room in great, clean condition. However, I was saddened to hear that you may have received less than perfect service during your time with us. We strive to provide nothing but the best for each of our Guests and rely heavily on feedback to improve what we do. I would invite and request that you contact me directly so we can have the opportunity to learn from your experience so we can address our mistakes to prevent their reoccurrence in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you more on the matter.

Rion McAllister, General Manager
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to the beach. We reserved a room and got a great price online. We were pleasantly surprised at just how nice this hotel was. The room was very comfortable and decorated nicely. The only things I didn't care for was the mat in the bathtub and there is very little seating at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014
We love it when our Guests are pleasantly surprised and are so glad that you were! Please come back and stay with us again soon.