“Terrific Stopover!!”

Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Florence
The Villages, Florida
“Terrific Stopover!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is a terrific little boutique hotel that is a little out of the way but worth the effort to locate.
New hotel located in renovated historic old buildings. Lots of atmosphere & very cozy.
The rooms are a good size w/ quality furnishings & linens. The bathrooms are really wonderful & spacious. Everything spotlessly clean. We were so impressed that we stayed 2 nites, going & coming from Va.
The hotel has a very nice bar, where the food & drinks are good. One morning we had breakfast in the hotel dining room & unfortunately it was disappointing.
The staff was pleasant and accommodating.
We would definitely stay here again given the chance. Good value for the price & a welcome break from the roadside motels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others. Hotel Florence is worth the five mile drive from the highway. We are very excited to be a part of Florence's downtown revitalization project and are looking forward to the exciting changes happening downtown. We are so happy you enjoyed the amenities and charm of the hotel. I will sure to pass along your feedback to the hotel and restaurant staff. We look forward to your next visit with us at Hotel Florence.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

On my way north driving to Maryland (and then on to New York for business) I needed a stopping point for the night and Florence was mid-way. After consulting Trip Advisor, I discovered Hotel Florence as a top pick and boy was I glad to find it!! It is an awesome place and well worth the extra 5 minute drive off the highway. As the daughter of a contemporary architect, I very much appreciated the gorgeous modern renovation - it's just beautifully built and wonderfully furnished. The gal at the front desk was warmly welcoming (even called my cell phone to help me find it as I lost track of it while unloading my car) and the room was comfy and cozy. I wanted to cancel my business trip and just move in awhile! I HIGHLY recommend anyone needing a hotel in the Florence area to grab a room here...it was the first time I felt compelled to share photos of a hotel on my Facebook page as I was so excited about "my find". I even tried booking again on the trip home but had my 2 kids with me post-holiday and there were no rooms available that would fit all 3 of us :-(

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others. We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel, amenities, and friendly staff. The renovation of Hotel Florence was one of the first steps to the revitalization of downtown. The hotel is primarily made up of King guest rooms with a few Double Queens, and Suites. The next time you are coming through with your family I would recommend the Double Queen Suite. It is a great room for families with a separate sitting area and pull out coach. We look forward to your next visit with us at Hotel Florence.

Kelly Schlitter, Director of Sales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

From booking through checking out, everything was just perfect!!!
The staff is professional & courteous. The rooms are gorgeous, roomy, and such a great value.
It was the perfect place to relax & unwind after our long drive. We will definitely be back!!

Stayed December 2013
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others. We are so happy you enjoyed the amenities and charm of the hotel along with our helpful friendly staff. We pride ourselves on having the best customer service and greeting every guest with warm welcome. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kelly Schlitter, Director of Sales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We had a recent overnight stay in Florence and fortunately selected the Hotel Florence. Our event was closer to the chain hotel/motel properties near the interstate, but we opted for Hotel Florence based on a local's recommendation. Glad we did! Easy to get to, parking right across the street, lots of character, very comfortable rooms and beds, and a nice on site restaurant and bar. All that, and it was cheaper than the 'inexpensive' chains. Next time we have a reason to be in Florence, there will be no question that we will stay at Hotel Florence!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others. We are very excited to be a part of Florence's downtown revitalization project and are looking forward to the exciting changes happening downtown. We are so happy you enjoyed the amenities and charm of the hotel and enjoyed our in house restaurant Victor's Bistro. We look forward to your next visit with us at Hotel Florence.

Montclair, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here Christmas night and couldn't have been more happy. We arrived in the evening after driving all day from New Jersey. The woman who checked us in was friendly and welcoming. We asked her about places that would be open to eat on Christmas day and she didn't have a list, but said she would look into it. We brought our bags up to the room and by the time I went to go park the car she had a few places she had called. Great customer service.

The room was very nicely appointed. Comfortable bed and VERY CLEAN. If I could be critical of anything, it would be that we were put in a room that was very far from the elevator and it faced a construction site that had trucks going in and beeping at 5am the next morning. The hotel was very empty(only about 10 cars in the parking lot) and it seems that this room should be one of the last ones given out.

Otherwise a great stay. We are not big fans of the typical roadside accommodations. I am not swayed by waffle bars or continental breakfast. I actually looked forward to the Waffle House breakfast the next morning. I would recommend picking up a bag of the great kettle corn in the snack bar area.

The downtown seems like they are trying to get it going and rebuild and I wish them well. The Hotel is a great start to that renaissance.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the front of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave B

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We happened upon this hotel by chance and are pleased that we did. Downtown Florence is renovating slowly and this hotel is lovingly repointed. Located in the centre of Florence's historical downtown, it is step back in time with modern conveniences. Charming, elegant with very helpful staff. Loved everything about it plus an added bonus is a wonderful bar and restaurant attached, Victor's. Don't pass this one up.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Warrenton, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

On our holiday trip back to Virginia from Florida, our half way point had changed to Florence. Upon looking for my normal Hilton brand I found this Gem. It was a welcome find and the only place I would stay in Florence again. Very upscale but not too assuming, great restaurant. If you are still deciding, book now.
As a hotel snob I offer the following for management.
1. Upon arrival at the front desk or table the attendant is sitting and there is a chair for you to sit. After 8 hours of driving and my family in the car I do not want to sit, I want my room. The whole sitting thing is too “chichi”
2. Went to the restaurant for dinner with our two children 5 and 8. There is only one restaurant and it is an upper class. I was worried about our appearance more than my children as they have grown up in such places.
Restaurant appraisal-
a. AGAIN, the manager and Hostess are sitting on chars behind the host stand. This sitting thing is awkward the energy it takes to stand re-sit and appear like you are working does not work.
b. The manager asked for our name and I told him that we are guest of the hotel. He sized us up and said that he had one table but is was reserved in an hour. The message that I received (right or not) was “you and your kids need to be out of here in an hour”.
c. The Waiter? Excellent! Treated my kids like little adults. Good Job and Good tip!
d. The Menu- They actually had a kids menu, which I did not expect. My 5 year old daughter got the peanut butter and jelly sandwich meal. My 8 year old son is not a chicken nugget kid and he wanted the fresh catch of the day with the grits. I asked the waiter if they could down size the entrée, the waiter advised sorry they couldn't. So my 8 year old got the 30.00 entree and ate about 5 dollars of it. Train your staff to never say no. Yes they can. Again he was still a great waiter!!! Am I being too snobby? No! The dinner check was over two hundred dollars (the wife and I had fine wine) so I am allowed to be.
e. The sitting thing again./ The manager and hostess sat at the hostess table chatting. This also became a congregation area for other employees to gather and chat all while drinking sodas. Not good manager! Walk around talk to guest.

3. Last but no least we had the same experience as a former poster. We had suite 107, which by the way is right at a Fire Exit door (so the sign says) but this door is now locked and on the other side is a party room not a fire exit. There was a party going on in there until after 2 a.m. No problem the kids retreated from the sofa room to our beds and shut the door. This would have been a major issue should we have needed the living room. P.S. Fix the fire trap, someone might be reporting this to the Fire Marshal! Guest trapped in a dead end hallway in a room with no windows doesn’t work out too good.
All done. Sounds like a bad review? Nope just a sincere review about one heck of a good property that can be a great property that I would recommend time and time again!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from any party venues that might be going on.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others. We are so happy you enjoyed the amenities and charm of the hotel and enjoyed our in house restaurant Victor's Bistro. We will be sure to pass along your praise and comments to the restaurant. We look forward to your next visit with us at Hotel Florence.