“The Best Hotel in Florence”
Review of Hotel Florence

Hotel Florence
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Walhalla, South Carolina
“The Best Hotel in Florence”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was traveling for business and stayed one night at the Hotel Florence. The accommodations are perfect! Check-in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly. Parking is convenient. The decor reminds me of a Restoration Hardware showroom. Bedding, towels, robe, and toiletries are all high quality. Victor's Restaurant is right off the lobby. Breakfast was delicious and the prices were modest. The Best Hotel in Florence!

Room Tip: 3rd Floor on the Front of the hotel was a great location. I could actually see my car from the room...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others. We are so happy you enjoyed the amenities, charm, and restaurant at Hotel Florence along with our helpful friendly staff. We pride ourselves on having the best customer service and greeting every guest with warm welcome. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kelly Schlitter, Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
florence sc
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great Hotel, Living in Florence would not normally stay at the hotel but this was a great package. The rooms were very comfortable hotel was beautiful they kept as much of the old in the building and made it new. Great job for Downtown Florence. The after party was held in the suite which was also great with a nice walk out patio.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the New Years Eve Masquerade Ball. We hope to do more events similar to it in the future and are looking forward to a great 2014. We look forward to your next visit with us at Hotel Florence.

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is a terrific little boutique hotel that is a little out of the way but worth the effort to locate.
New hotel located in renovated historic old buildings. Lots of atmosphere & very cozy.
The rooms are a good size w/ quality furnishings & linens. The bathrooms are really wonderful & spacious. Everything spotlessly clean. We were so impressed that we stayed 2 nites, going & coming from Va.
The hotel has a very nice bar, where the food & drinks are good. One morning we had breakfast in the hotel dining room & unfortunately it was disappointing.
The staff was pleasant and accommodating.
We would definitely stay here again given the chance. Good value for the price & a welcome break from the roadside motels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others. Hotel Florence is worth the five mile drive from the highway. We are very excited to be a part of Florence's downtown revitalization project and are looking forward to the exciting changes happening downtown. We are so happy you enjoyed the amenities and charm of the hotel. I will sure to pass along your feedback to the hotel and restaurant staff. We look forward to your next visit with us at Hotel Florence.
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 3 January 2014

On my way north driving to Maryland (and then on to New York for business) I needed a stopping point for the night and Florence was mid-way. After consulting Trip Advisor, I discovered Hotel Florence as a top pick and boy was I glad to find it!! It is an awesome place and well worth the extra 5 minute drive off the highway. As the daughter of a contemporary architect, I very much appreciated the gorgeous modern renovation - it's just beautifully built and wonderfully furnished. The gal at the front desk was warmly welcoming (even called my cell phone to help me find it as I lost track of it while unloading my car) and the room was comfy and cozy. I wanted to cancel my business trip and just move in awhile! I HIGHLY recommend anyone needing a hotel in the Florence area to grab a room here...it was the first time I felt compelled to share photos of a hotel on my Facebook page as I was so excited about "my find". I even tried booking again on the trip home but had my 2 kids with me post-holiday and there were no rooms available that would fit all 3 of us :-(

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others. We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel, amenities, and friendly staff. The renovation of Hotel Florence was one of the first steps to the revitalization of downtown. The hotel is primarily made up of King guest rooms with a few Double Queens, and Suites. The next time you are coming through with your family I would recommend the Double Queen Suite. It is a great room for families with a separate sitting area and pull out coach. We look forward to your next visit with us at Hotel Florence.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

From booking through checking out, everything was just perfect!!!
The staff is professional & courteous. The rooms are gorgeous, roomy, and such a great value.
It was the perfect place to relax & unwind after our long drive. We will definitely be back!!

Stayed December 2013
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others. We are so happy you enjoyed the amenities and charm of the hotel along with our helpful friendly staff. We pride ourselves on having the best customer service and greeting every guest with warm welcome. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We had a recent overnight stay in Florence and fortunately selected the Hotel Florence. Our event was closer to the chain hotel/motel properties near the interstate, but we opted for Hotel Florence based on a local's recommendation. Glad we did! Easy to get to, parking right across the street, lots of character, very comfortable rooms and beds, and a nice on site restaurant and bar. All that, and it was cheaper than the 'inexpensive' chains. Next time we have a reason to be in Florence, there will be no question that we will stay at Hotel Florence!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others. We are very excited to be a part of Florence's downtown revitalization project and are looking forward to the exciting changes happening downtown. We are so happy you enjoyed the amenities and charm of the hotel and enjoyed our in house restaurant Victor's Bistro. We look forward to your next visit with us at Hotel Florence.

Director of Sales, Kelly Schlitter
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here Christmas night and couldn't have been more happy. We arrived in the evening after driving all day from New Jersey. The woman who checked us in was friendly and welcoming. We asked her about places that would be open to eat on Christmas day and she didn't have a list, but said she would look into it. We brought our bags up to the room and by the time I went to go park the car she had a few places she had called. Great customer service.

The room was very nicely appointed. Comfortable bed and VERY CLEAN. If I could be critical of anything, it would be that we were put in a room that was very far from the elevator and it faced a construction site that had trucks going in and beeping at 5am the next morning. The hotel was very empty(only about 10 cars in the parking lot) and it seems that this room should be one of the last ones given out.

Otherwise a great stay. We are not big fans of the typical roadside accommodations. I am not swayed by waffle bars or continental breakfast. I actually looked forward to the Waffle House breakfast the next morning. I would recommend picking up a bag of the great kettle corn in the snack bar area.

The downtown seems like they are trying to get it going and rebuild and I wish them well. The Hotel is a great start to that renaissance.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the front of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple