“Easy 5 Stars!”

Hotel Florence
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Florence
“Easy 5 Stars!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had a terrible experience with Priceline (again), not even sure why I used the service. But, every now and again I will have a great experience or luck up find an awesome hotel. This time the latter did happen. The staff and General Manager went out of their way to accommodate us and work through our issue. I am so pleased. This turned out to be more than a stay, it has been an experience.

The decor is a delight to behold. Customer service, excellent facilities, free wi-fi, remote controlled AC/, Keurig in every room. This review could not be easier to write. 5 Stars!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jamila J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I put in for a Staycation with Hotel Florence, Florence, S.C. through Facebook. A friend of mine and I had reconnected on face book and I wanted her to come to Florence, S.C. for a visit with me and out other friends and for her to get a break from her busy life. I won the trip for her to come to Hotel Florence and we booked the weekend for the last weekend in May 2014 when the "Florence After Five" was going on. We had the best time. I was amazed at the beautiful accommodations and the friendly service. I live in Florence and I travel a lot. I have never stayed in a hotel that was nicer than this no matter where I traveled. Downtown Florence is in the process of revitalization and there are so many quaint restaurants and bars starting up there. I highly recommend this place if you are in town for business or just stopping on your way there! Hotel Florence is not to be missed!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are great!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank BRWoman
Kelly A, General Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay at Hotel Florence and congratulations on winning the Staycation package! It's always great when we have Florentines stay with us because so many still don't know just how much has been done to revitalize downtown - all of the new restaurants, stores, and the beautification efforts. New businesses are on the way and it's only going to get better! We're glad you enjoyed our luxury bedding and hope that you'll come again soon. Next time, try Peggy's homemade cheesecake at Victor's Bistro, Florence's #1 restaurant!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 June 2014

If your stopping in Florence, SC, you must Stay at this hotel! From the minute you enter the lobby you are treated with true southern hospitality. I've never felt more welcomed than I felt at this hotel.
This hotel is part if the revitalization if downtown Florence and the renovation is excellent. Every room in the hotel is different and extremely comfortable. Will stay here on every visit to Florence.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Ron61_2
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Florence and for taking the time to write a review of our unique, 49 room boutique hotel. Three historic buildings were renovated just one year ago to become what is now the pride of downtown Florence. It's our mission to make sure that all of our guests get to experience what true southern hospitality is all about. Thank you for being with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Northern Jersey
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Having been diverted by weather, we landed at Florence airport and requested local accommodations. The FBO recommended the Hotel Florence and we were on our way via TJ's Taxi service. The ride took about eight minutes. Upon arrival at the hotel we quickly saw the smaller size and central location which was a plus considering we didn't have a rental car. Entering the hotel lobby we began to note the boutique nature and felt right at home. Our room on the second floor was ample and quite. We dined within the hotel at Victors Bistro which turned out to be the best restaurant in Florence. We were not disappointed. We will certainly stay again the next time through.

Room Tip: Front of hotel has street lights at window height. Suggest side facing room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hplcman
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I loved the way this hotel had been redone, yet the historic details were preserved. They had a scrapbook of the renovation and water/coffee in the sitting area so you could kick back and enjoy a sip while viewing the book. The rooms were spacious and beds were comfy. The bathrooms had robes and nice complimentary toiletries. Would love to go back for a longer stay sometime.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kelly W
Ocean City, NJ
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We found this lovely place on Trip Advisor and believe me, it's worth the small drive off the interstate. It looks exactly like the pictures! So warm and cozy and decorated just beautifully. We were welcomed after almost 10 hours in the car, by Michael, the GM at registration. He was very friendly and gave me a small introduction about the hotel. It is a lovely place and just opened a year ago. The décor is beautiful and the rooms large enough. The staff was very friendly and do not miss VICTORS the restaurant inside the hotel. The menu has something for everyone. Our meals were fabulous and the service top notch. There was a piano player the night we were there and it was very relaxing.
We will no longer be staying at the chain hotels/motels off I-95. This is our new place to relax in a wonderful hotel in a little town that has a lot of character.
I hope it has a great ride and stays open for a long time :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Orangeburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Have stayed here every week, since June of 2013 for work in area. The front desk is very knowledgable about the Arts and restaurants in area. When wife is with me, they will help her with transportation for local shopping. She has fallen in love with the room service. One of the managers made a special trip to purchase a special paint she needed. Victor's is a fine restaurant and you can eat quietly or enjoy the separate sports bar. Be sure and try the veal chop and "she crab soup". Rooms are spacious and very clean. I would not stay anywhere else. Jack L.

Room Tip: All rooms are of excellent quality. However, if you need to go to sleep by 9pm, then have staff pick...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business