“sick”

Motel 6 Florence Historic Downtown
Motel 6 Florence Historic Downtown
Ranked #36 of 42 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Please do not waste your money staying here. The rooms are filthy and falling apart. They advertise free wifi which they do not have. My wife and I stayed here only because I booked online and could not get a refund. They had a sign in the lobby that says 10% off meal with hotel ticket to the resturant next door which I soon found out to be more false advertising when we to get breakfast we were told no that is only for non hotel guest. The tub was rusty and nasty. We went and bought cleaning supplies to clean room just to make it liveable for two days. I will never stay here again

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael G
Bobby F, General Manager at Motel 6 Florence Historic Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Michael - I apologize for the experience you had our Country Hearth Inn - Florence. As of Dec. 31, 2013 we are under new ownership, our home office being located in Savannah, GA. We are in the beginning stages of a total remodel of the motel which we are very excited about. If you are planning a trip to our area in the coming months, I invite you to come & give us a try. I can guarantee your experience will be totally different.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I had a very nice stay at the hotel. The room was clean, very comfortable and had everything I needed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food at Horne's Country Buffet, which is part of the property, was very good, with many choices and very plentiful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is my second time stay in this hotel, the staff is very friendly and helpful and this time the room is much better than 2 years ago. The food in the restaurant is good and tasty with very reasonable price. I can tell that the new owner worked very hard to make improvements and still work in progress, but the price is right so I will come back next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed here on my way to Fl. The room was comfortable and clean but a bit dated. A hot breakfast was included and quite a treat. The staff was kind an helpful. The lunch Buffet was a very pleasant surprise. the food was fresh and tasted homemade. The motel is not directly on I-95 but worth the short distance for the value and great food. I'll be staying here again.

Room Tip: I choose an upper room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We checked in and the first room had roaches, deadbolt didn't work, television didn't work, bathroom had not been cleaned around the toilet, disgusting...and this was after we unloaded the car with our luggage and packed it upstairs. Only to call the office and was told to come back and get another room. Loaded everything back up since we were in the very back of the motel, which by the looks of it, there was NO WAY I was staying in a room without a deadbolt, and drove back to the front. We received another room, and upon arrival in it, the smell of must and mold would knock you down! The floor felt very weak in spots, like you were going to wake up in the room below. My son couldn't stop sneezing and my husband could hardly breathe. While we tried to gather our thoughts, after a long day, I pulled the mattress up, just out of curiosity and found that the box spring was hardly holding together and I could tell because it was just wood and springs, no cover! At this, we decided to just forgo the rest of our son's bowling trip and return home! After going to the front desk and explaining the situation, the lady was very nice and explained that she would leave a note for the manager to refund our card in the AM. The next day, I called the motel to check on the refund, AS PROMISED, and was told that the manager decided that he wasn't refunding our money. This is still unresolved...ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED WITH ATTITUDE AND REFUSAL TO FOLLOW THROUGH ON A PROMISE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela L
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

There are several misrepresentations to this statement. 1st--there were no roaches in the room. None were reported to management before or after the stay. Management went back through the room and could not find any. 2nd--the toilet was clean. There was a spot in the very back behind the toilet where maintenance had regrouted the tiles--no dirt. 3rd--the box spring did have a cover over it as do all of our box springs. 4th--there was never a refund promised. At the guests request, we changed her to 3 different rooms before she decided to leave. These 3 rooms had to be cleaned before they could be rented again. At no time was anyone discourteous to the guest. There were several phone calls made prior to her talking to the General Manager--each time her story changing. The guests account was credited by the General Manager even after she wrote the review.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Nice staff. Real attempt to keep an ancient property nice. Not at all seedy. Decent neighborhood. But the structure is falling apart literally. Wiring looks sketchy. Ceiling tiles and walls sagging. Needs a bulldozer.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Nightmare! rolled up wet carpet, tub detaching from the wall, roaches.. Need I say more

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business