Motel 6 Florence Historic Downtown
Motel 6 Florence Historic Downtown
Ranked #36 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Being stranded in Florence due to RV problems, the manager at the garage recommended the Country Hearth Inn as it was the closest and also pet friendly (we have a cat).

When we arrived, the first thing we saw was the burned out shell of a restaurant adjacent to the hotel and on the same property. Shamika, the front clerk was very pleasant and helpful. That is the best thing I can say about our experience.

Taken from their current website "this South Carolina hotel features a daily hot breakfast and free WIFI". The breakfast restaurant was the one that had burned down (October/2013). Apparently it had closed in July of 2013. The WIFI never worked. I was told that they had problems with it since they started renovating.
"Guests of the Country Hearth Inn can take a refreshing dip in the outdoor pool". I realize it was March, but the pool water was a disgusting green and had things floating in it.
"Rooms are simply decorated and equipped with cable TV". Simply decorated means stained furniture and torn bedspreads. Also, half the TV channels were unavailable - the major networks, CBS, NBC, not premium channels.

We had arrived about 4:30 pm and apparently there were only three rooms made up. We were given room 145. It was a cold day and when we tried the heater, it barely worked. After an hour, the room was still cold. I then went into the bathroom. The tub was horrendous! The surface was worn and dirty, the flooring was warped. The entire bathroom was disgusting.

We went back to the from desk and were given another room, 235. This was marginally better. At least the heater worked. The bed was clean. I had to phone the garage to give them our contact information. The phone was filthy. The floor between the bed and night table had something on it - possibly paint chips. The hand basin needed replacing.

We ate at Maryland Fried Chicken across the street. The waitress told us to make sure our doors were locked and that we SHOULD be okay. Comforting words.

We stayed there because we were stranded and didn't know the icy at all.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erica3363

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stumbled into Florence, SC and stayed at Florence Hotel and we consider it a find! the rooms are newly decorated in great colors and spotless. Nice amenities in the bathrooms. Our room was cold, we arrived in the middle of the snow/ice storm in Jan. and they immediately transferred to another room. Having a good bar and restaurant downstairs, in the lobby, was a real plus since the roads were icy. (Which, of course, hardly ever happens in SC). The service at front desk was excellent, staff could not have been more helpful. Highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: all rooms seem to be quiet. 2nd floor rooms have immediate access to a nice business center and gym...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel this past spring and enjoyed my stay, The service was friendly, the room was clean and had everything I needed. The price was reasonable and I had a very good nights sleep. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Bobby F, General Manager at Motel 6 Florence Historic Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for your review of Country Hearth Inn - Florence. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very excited with all the changes that are now going on at our property. We have recently been purchased by a company out of Savannah, GA. and are starting major renovations throughout the entire facility. When you come our way again, hope you will plan to stay with us and see all the improvements being done.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Please do not waste your money staying here. The rooms are filthy and falling apart. They advertise free wifi which they do not have. My wife and I stayed here only because I booked online and could not get a refund. They had a sign in the lobby that says 10% off meal with hotel ticket to the resturant next door which I soon found out to be more false advertising when we to get breakfast we were told no that is only for non hotel guest. The tub was rusty and nasty. We went and bought cleaning supplies to clean room just to make it liveable for two days. I will never stay here again

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael G

Michael - I apologize for the experience you had our Country Hearth Inn - Florence. As of Dec. 31, 2013 we are under new ownership, our home office being located in Savannah, GA. We are in the beginning stages of a total remodel of the motel which we are very excited about. If you are planning a trip to our area in the coming months, I invite you to come & give us a try. I can guarantee your experience will be totally different.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I had a very nice stay at the hotel. The room was clean, very comfortable and had everything I needed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food at Horne's Country Buffet, which is part of the property, was very good, with many choices and very plentiful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is my second time stay in this hotel, the staff is very friendly and helpful and this time the room is much better than 2 years ago. The food in the restaurant is good and tasty with very reasonable price. I can tell that the new owner worked very hard to make improvements and still work in progress, but the price is right so I will come back next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed here on my way to Fl. The room was comfortable and clean but a bit dated. A hot breakfast was included and quite a treat. The staff was kind an helpful. The lunch Buffet was a very pleasant surprise. the food was fresh and tasted homemade. The motel is not directly on I-95 but worth the short distance for the value and great food. I'll be staying here again.

Room Tip: I choose an upper room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo