All reviewsfront deskgreat hotelroom was cleansouth carolinaolive gardenstaff was very friendlysouthern hospitalityafter a long dayindoor poolcookiescivic centerlots of restaurantswould stay here againlong drivegreat stoproad tripeasy access
Reviewed 13 October 2011

The staff were very helpful at check in and the breakfast staff were very friendly. The hotel is very near I-95 and a shopping mall.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

If we cannot get to a Hilton or a Doubletree then the HGI chain provides all we require:-Quiet comfortable bedroom; efficient free wifi; a working open hot tub; cooked breakfast-eggs and bacon! Sometimes they have a restaurant and bar, this one did. It is well positioned off I95 and in South Carolina so lower taxes and one can support Nicki Haley.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank gwgMimsFlorida
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We were only in this hotel for one night, but it was a perfect place to stay for even longer. Very friendly staff upon arrival for the check in, our room was ready to go at 2:30pm when we arrived. Room was very clean and spacious, internet service is included in the price of the room so that's sweet.

We did not eat at the restaurant, but it looked like your general American fare. But the location of the hotel was very close to an array of restaurants so you can probably find anything you'd want in the immediate area.

As usual, the coffee maker in the room / coffee packet is just terrible. Why do they even bother putting these things in the room if they're so bad? :) Fortunately the hotel does provide free coffee in the morning down in the lobby that's quite good, so I would recommend that over the in-room coffee.

The in room temperature control is handled via thermostat instead of directly on the combination A/C / heating unit in the room. When you lift the lid on the unit you see a sign that says "This unit controlled remotely." So just look for the thermostat on the wall.

The beds feature an adjustment to supposedly make the bed more firm or soft. We did not feel any sort of a difference no matter what we did. Pillows were way too soft and we could have used a few more of them, but that seems to be the norm these days.

Overall, very good value, very clean and very friendly service.

Room Tip: Being a NASCAR, this hotel is very convenient to the Darlington Raceway so if you're headed to that race, this is definitely a very clean spot to stay with easy access to a nice array of restaurants.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I had a reservation at another hotel in Georgia that didnt accept cash and wouldnt check me into the room. i called this hotel on my way back to new jersey and explained to them what had happened. Jimmy was extremely accomidating and honored my employee discount on such short notice. when i came in to check in Andrew was very nice and made my stay comfortable. i felt like i was sleeping on a cloud with the beds and was very dissapointed that my stay for the night was so short. if i ever drive to florida again i will definantly stay at your facility if it is available. thank you so much for helping me and my friend out. :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Great location near the major mall and right off I-95. All the amenities you expect from a Hilton property but with much better than average service. The wait staff at breakfast each morning was fantastic....true southern hospitality. I won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple