All reviewsfront deskgreat hotelroom was cleansouth carolinaolive gardenstaff was very friendlysouthern hospitalityafter a long dayindoor poolcookiescivic centerlots of restaurantswould stay here againlong drivegreat stoproad tripeasy access
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Great location, near a whole lot of nice restaurants. Would stop there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This hotel is very easy to get to off I 95. After a long day on the road, I LOVED that the spa was open 24 hours.

Friendly staff. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. There are a number of stores and malls nearby. A great overnight stopping place.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2012

What a gem! After long day at wrestling meet in Lexington, SC, I stayed after a suggestion from a friend. Not only is the hotel clean, well maintained and centrally located, but the staff was as friendly and helpful as any hotel that I have ever stayed. From Tanya at the front desk, to Tricia who in the American Grill restaurant (which the Double Cut Pork Chops we great) were very friendly and made me feel right at home. I would feel very comfortable in recommending this hotel to ANYONE that needs a great place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 30 November 2011

This is a typical HGI. There is nothing special about this hotel and nothing wrong with it. It is a cookie cutter HGI. It offers exactly what you would expect. It is very easy to get to off of 95 and is a good choice for a stop over.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sunngod
Reviewed 13 November 2011

During my many years of being a trip advisor member, I have very rarely advised people to stay away from a hotel. Well, I have finally had a stay so bad that I wouldn't want you, dear reader, to make the same mistake.

I checked in to this hotel around 6pm on a Saturday. The desk was busy, but there were three young ladies checking people in. All looked professional and were helping guests. The young woman (Ashley) that checked me in was nice, but I was tired and didn't feel like a conversation. I handed her my confirmation email (printed out) to maybe get out of all the "check in" conversation. However, this did not work. She looked at the paper and then went ahead and asked my name anyway. I just shook my head and said 'It's on the paper." She looked again and then found a pre-prepared key package with my name on it and "checked me in."

I was placed on the 7th floor so I got my stuff and lugged everything up in the elevator to my room.

When I put my key into room 725, the door flashed green and I turned the handle. I got the door half-open when I heard the shouting from inside the room. A very startled woman's voice was yelling at me as I was opening the door. It became clear that Ashley at the front desk had checked me into an OCCUPIED ROOM.
In all my years on this Earth, this has never happened to me, and I was very shaken. I quickly yelled out - "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" and shut the door as quickly as possible.

I lugged all my stuff back to the desk and the three front desk ladies were standing there in conversation. I put the keys and envelope up on the front desk and announced to all three of them "There's somebody in that room - and I would call the woman who is in there and apologize because she didn't sound happy."

They all looked at me and then Ashley mumbled something softly, and all three of them started very quietly working and trying to put me somewhere else. No one really stepped forward and apologized, no one tried to explain how this could happen. I just stood there as they worked in silence. It was as if - I had announced that I just didn't like the drapes in room 725 instead of the truth - that THEY HAD CHECKED ME INTO SOMEONE ELSE'S ROOM.

After more moments of silent work by all three women, Ashley took a pen, crossed out room 725, wrote in another room number, and then said here's the new room. No apology, no explanation, nothing. Just 'here's your new room"

I was so dumbfounded (and still in shock from nearly walking in on someone) that I could only ask "Are you sure there's nobody in THIS room?" She kind of smiled and said "There's no one in there." However, I'll tell you that I was skeptical until I actually got in my new room.

The room (and the hallway) had a strange odor. Almost like they had tried to clean up something musty, and hadn't succeeded.

I was awoken the next morning by someone slipping the bill underneath my door. Lots of other people must have woken up at that time as well since all I heard was plumbing running in other rooms from 4:30 AM onwards.

My bill was for the full amount. No further apology from anyone at the hotel for what had happened, and not even a one dollar courtesy discount for putting me through that experience.

Final insult on the way out - hotel had plenty of breakfast but none was complimentary. There was no way I was going to pay one penny for anything for breakfast after what I had been through.

My advice, stay away. There are 5-6 other quality hotels in the area, and all of them are probably more guest-friendly than this property. Unless you like bunking with strangers ;)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo