“Friendly and very well maintained”

Hilton Garden Inn Florence
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have stayed in this property often and I am impressed with the professional staff. For those of you who are frequent travelers, you know there are properties that are maintained well (not just the lobby) and this hotel is very well maintained.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with your recent stay. It is valuable feedback such as what you have provided that allow us remain an award winning hotel. I must say that the team here really takes pride in their job which allows our guests, such as yourself, to have a pleasant stay. Thank you for choosing to staying with us! We value you as a guest and we look forward to having you with us again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We return to the Florence SC Hilton Garden Inn on each of our biannual trips up and down I-95. We can always be assured of a great stay, extremely comfortable beds (great after 9 hours on the road). The staff welcomes us like returning family members.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you so much for your response! We strive to make each of our guests feel like family here at the hotel and I am glad this is the case with you when you visit with us. We love taking care of you as you stop-over to get some rest and relaxation before getting back onto the interstate. We can not wait to have you with us again! Look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I'm shocked this chain still charges for breakfast which I regretfully forgot. We stayed here overnight on a drive back from FL. The rooms were very clean, roomyand the staff was very friendly. The shower on the other hand....it's a standing shower with a non-moving shower head and no space to place your shampoo/conditioner etc while you shower. I tried using the two tiny soap holders and my stuff kept dropping. It was disappointing. The bed was also a little hard for my taste, but I got a good night's sleep regardless.

Room Tip: No free breakfast.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with your recent stay. In case you were unaware, we do provide a Bed and Breakfast rate which is all inclusive (like that at other hotels you mentioned, which offer breakfast inclusive in their rate.) With this option, we allow our guests to choose if they want to enjoy breakfast with us or just pay for the room and grab breakfast on the road.
The Hilton Garden Inn Brand provides a full service breakfast experience with our buffet and our chef to make cook to order items to your preference. A good breakfast in pleasant surroundings is part of our promise to you. We do provide more staff and more options for our breakfast to ensure your breakfast is satisfying before a busy day.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Hotel located very close to the I95. Well maintained hotel with freindly and welcoming staff. I did not have a booking was just a walk up and the offered a very good rate and the room and choice of floor for me. The dinner menu has wide range of choices and is very affordable. A good stop over if you are driving from Flordida heading north towards Virginia (or further).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to you stopping thru on your next trip to Florida (or Virginia.) Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed here twice, once on the way down to Florida and again on the way back and had a good nights sleep both times. The room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. We purchased the bed and breakfast option and were so full, we were able to skip lunch which saved on travel time!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us! I am so glad you chose our Bed and Breakfast option. It does allow you to enjoy out Full cooked to order breakfast with one of our Chefs and get the breakfast you need for a long day. I hope that you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

It was a great stop over on the way home from Florida Beds comfortable, hot top clean and pool heated. The staff was very pleasant. The food was good and also there were different choices. The rooms were very quiet and also quite large in size. It was a great place and we will stop again on our next trip.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We look forward to having you with us again soon!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Just stayed at this property for 8 nights over Christmas, and we had a fabulous experience! The entire hotel including our room was spotless. All of the staff we encountered was very friendly. My boyfriend was home for 2 weeks from a middle east deployment so it was important that we had a special stay, and we really did. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple