Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Florence
South Carolina
“Excellent Hotel!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I needed to find a place to stay locally after an intense storm knocked out power to my neighborhood. This Holiday Inn was just a few miles from my residence. I needed to have my mother in an air conditioned area becasue of her medical issues. What a great hotel! The staff were extremely nice and courteous. The room was very clean and maintained and we also enjoyed the breakfast before returning home. I was hoping that the power was still out so we could spend another night here! If is have friends who are traveling thorugh Florence and need to place to stay, I now know where to send me. I would highly recommend this property to anyone traveling on I-95 or 1-20.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
WOW, thank you so much for the kind words. I am thrilled that we could help you out in your time of need. We tried to anticipate our guest coming in who lost power, and it is great to see that our efforts paid off! Thank you again and we hope to see you and some of the people you send our way soon!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I drove many hours on 95 and I was ready for a break. I had never been to this part of SC but I just wanted to rest. I ended up at this Holiday Inn Express and I was very happy with this hotel. It is very clean and the rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The breakfast is nothing extraordinary but it is not bad either. They have good coffee and juices and a few other things. Enough to get your energy back before you get on the road again. For the price I will say is it a great place to stay at. The only bad thing was that there are not too many places to eat nearby. If you are hungry, you better eat someplace else before you get here. There are only two places to eat near this hotel and they are not great choices either. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and efficient. I will recommend this place to other travelers driving on 95.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
ChadPatterson, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
I want to thank you for the review, however, i think you are reviewing the other Holiday Inn Express in Florence. We have many resturants beside our hotel: Chilis, Olive Garden, Longhorns, Outback, just to name a few. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotels. It's guests like you that help to make our hotels Great hotels that Guests love!
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This was my second time staying here. I drive an hour and a half just to get away from my children and hectic life and get a PEACEFUL NIGHTS REST!! Staff is always so helpful and friendly...no matter who I encounter. Ideal location for everything. Beds sleep awesome. See you guys in a few weeks!!

• Stayed May 2012
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Great hotel, great service, great rooms, wonderful internet service. Great staff very friendly and Mr. Al was very helpful answering my questions. Great service for breakfast. 100% the best hotel and safe, good location. Thanks guys.

Room Tip: Higher floors and executive rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Virginia
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We had just left an unpleasant hotel in Daytona Beach after a week of almost no sleep due to the noise there. We checked in at 11:00 pm, enjoyed the clean shower and the clean comfortable beds. We asked for the quietest area of the hotel and we must have gotten it, because we did not hear a peep all night long! Very nice breakfast, nice attendant, close to gas for fill up and right back on I-95 in a matter of minutes. I do wish the price had not been so high, but it was worth it for a good night's sleep!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
charleston
Reviewed 23 April 2012

What a pleasant and surprising luxury hotel! Staff was very nice, breakfast tasty, linens superb and location perfect! The only thing I wasn't pleased with was the price. I had a friends and family rate of 105. As I booked it the same rate was 114. If I called myself it was 114. AARP rate was 114. Priceline was 114. Needless to say there really was no better price to it, I felt it was a bit high for just one night.

• Stayed April 2012
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to keep our hotel pristine! And we hope that you will return to stay with us again!!!
Mt. Juliet
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This hotel is nearly brand new in a good location close to things. It's overpriced for what you get in my opinion compared to other properties in the area such. I needed to scan some failry important papers and the staff just couldnt seem to figure out how they could do that even though they have a huge scanner in the back office. Clean rooms a bit small though. Breakfast is ok but the lady who takes care of breakfast is awesome. Would stay here if one of the Marriott properties around the corner weren't available.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry that the staff just could not get the hang of the scanner for you. I can assure you that we will address that issue! Lisa (our Breakfast Hostess) has always been a great asset to our mornings here at the hotel. With her smile, knack for conversation and genuine southern hospitality she tends to make everyone's morning! I hope you will stay with us again soon!!