Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Florence
New York City, New York
“Loved this Place!”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Great Hotel, I can't say enough great things about this hotel. My husband an i stayed here for the weekend for a wedding. Rooms were amazingly clean. Adam an Heather made the check in a breeze for us Gold member's an both had the southern cute accent and made sure we had everything we needed.Great Job Guys for making us feel so welcomed! I wished all staff at other IHG properties had there training.Breakfast was hot an wonderful!! I will recommend this to anyone!!!

Room Tip: Top Floor at the end of the hall!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments of our hotel and staff. We certainly feel that our entire staff is the best in the business! Adam is a veteran in the hotel industry and does an outstanding job. Heather has just recently joined our staff and is an asset as well! Thank you for acknowledging them! We hope to see you again in the near future. Please keep us in mind if you are through our area again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Great Falls, Virginia
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We returned to this hotel on our second trip driving to Florida from Virginia because of Monique, the night manager! She was terrific! She always has a smile and goes out of her way to be sure we have everything we need. That goes a long way after a day of driving!

The room is very well appointed with everything we need for our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the building instead of the front because the outside spotlights s...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Robin3440, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
We value your comments and appreciate your loyalty to our hote! Monique is invaluable to our staff and goes out of her way to make all of our guests feel like VIP's! Thank you for recognizing Monique for this.
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We had 3 rooms reserved for one night and had requested the first floor. Someone from the hotel had called me the day before to confirm our reservation and I was totally impressed. It was during the spring break period and could imagine the hotel was fully booked. I had guaranteed the hotel with a credit card, but not prepaid.

The hotel itself was new and the rooms were quite swanky for a Holiday Inn Express. High ceilings, big bathrooms, upscale "look" of a higher class hotel.

Breakfast was OK. Not spectacular, but OK. Average variety and quality. The pancake machine was pretty much a non starter for my dad. After a couple of minutes, the machine spit out a couple of silver dollar size pancakes. Really, not worth the trouble. I guess I would rather see a hotel do a few items really well than many items just mediocre.

The woman who was taking care of the breakfast area opened up a conference room to take care of the overflow guests who all seemed to come to breakfast at the same time. Nice. I imagine at non-peak times this is not a problem, but nice to know they address these issues.

Adam was very polite and it was clear that customer service was either part of his training or they were all just naturally nice!

Nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank RyanCrystal
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with our property! It thrills our staff to know that our guests were completely satisfied with their stay. Adam is a great asset to our team and we thank you for acknowledging that. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed in this property on our way to Orlando from NY. The property is in a great location close to alot of shopping and great resturants. We statyed here on 3/22. Monique the night manager was great help to us. We had one room booked and we need another one as we have a large family. She was able to asist us and gave us connecting rooms. The rooms were very spacious and large and updated. The beds were very comfortable. Travel with 4 kids is not easy but this property definately took the pressure off. I would stay here again with out hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Your comments are truly appreciated. Thank you for allowing us to accommodate your family while traveling through our area. We hope to see you on your next trip. Thanks again for your patronage!
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I stayed there for a week. I had the last room (for special needs) at the end of the building close to the side door entrance. That was the only room they had left because they were sold out. First there is about a 1 inch gap under the room door so already you can hear very loud when people pass by the door. Also to open the outside entrance door on the side of the building close to my room you have to slide your card and turn the knob up and not down so every time people would try to open the door from outside I could hear them loud and clear cursing at the door because they could not open it so they would bang on the door and it made a racket of a noise. The bed was ok and the pillows were ok though I did not find that much difference between the firm and soft. The breakfast was good. The place looked pretty safe. I have stayed in better hotels for less money but maybe next time if I stay there I will ask to stay in a different room that is not close to any outside doors or elevators.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Robin3440, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and we will use it to make our hotel even better. Hope to see you again very soon!
Stirling, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Very clean, well appointed room, big bed and a lovely bathroom. The room had lots of space and facilities and the hotel also provided one of the best free breakfasts ever with a terrific range and selection. Very comfortable bed, too. Recommended.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us! Your comments mean so much to our staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Monique was great!! Very helpful and accomodating!!! She graciously made all the changes that I had and never acted like she minded at all. She is always smiling. I also noticed her interaction with other guests. She was always smiling and helpful no matter how tough the task that was asked of her.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
It absolutely thrills us to get an awesome comment on our guest service team! Monique is a great asset to our company and we appreciate you acknowledging that. We hope to see you again very soon!