Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Florence
“Great Staff!!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I got a hotel before the normal check in town and was concerned they may not have a room ready however the front desk clerk was very accommodating and was able to take care of me very quickly. The maintenance man was in my room when I got there replacing light bulbs and I saw him several times throughout my visit and he spoke every time, very personable gentleman. The only sane id lie was the morning desk clerk has his hair spiked into a mohawk, I feel that's unprofessional for this establishment.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank joefromjohnsisland
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Washington
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were on the way back from FLA to VA and looked for a place to stay. After going to two different hotels the second one called the Holiday Inn Express for us and they had and held a room for us. There was a convention going on and most hotels were sold out. As it was their last room available they gave a price break. The staff was great!

Our room and the whole facility were very nice. This is certainly one of the nicest Holiday Inn Express locations I have ever stayed in. Certainly a couple of steps above the normal ones. Comfortable room and very clean too. The facility is around 6 years old and it looks new! Definitely on our list of places to stay on the road.

Room Tip: We ate at the Mexican restaurant next door and it was very good. We both liked our meals and would...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mjj2red
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
We appreciate your business and hope that we can take care of you again in the near future!
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel is a halfway point for us on our trips between Ft. Lauderdale and New Jersey, and this is the 2nd time we have stayed here. It's a convenient location, just off 95 and within walking distance of restaurants, a movie theater, and shopping. It's a little less expensive than the HIE north of Florence. We used points for our stay but with our AAA or senior discount the room would have been $118 + tax. We were checked in quickly and with courtesy. The room was spacious and very clean (and I'm very picky!) The bed was firm and comfortable and the pillows were much better than normal (we're both picky about pillows!) The breakfast was average hotel buffet fare, the eggs and bacon not that great, but a good variety, and hey, it's free. All in all, a good place where we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. It thrills us to know that our guests were pleased with their stay!
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is very well-kept and in a nice area. The rooms were large and the beds and pillows
were comfortable. The bathroom was a nice size and very clean. The breakfast area was very
big, and the selection of food was outstanding. There was plenty of room for guests to sit and
have a relaxing breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Your comments are so valuable to us! We strive our best each day to make our guests happy! We hope that you will stay with us again very soon!
New Jersey
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The room was ok but the air conditioner did work real well. The blower did not work and it took a while to warm the room up. The continental breakfast had a good selection but they did not keep it well stocked.Location was right off I95 so it was an easy on off location. Will probably look for another place on next trip. This is the 2nd place in Florence that I was disappointed with.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
We apologize that your stay was not what you expected. We hope that you will give us another try!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I decided to stop in Florence SC after driving 8 hours on our way to Charleston. We chose the hotel because it was near rt 95 and convenient to continue our travel the next day.
We were welcomed warmly at the front desk and were given a room immediately. We were quite happy with the room and bath, which were very clean. The beds allowed us a wonderful night's sleep. Needless to say the hot and cold breakfast that was available was very welcome so we didn't have to go out to find a place to eat. the food was fresh and replenished frequently.
The room and breakfast came at a very fair price.
Just a note: We stayed at Holiday Inn Expresses in both Charleston and Savanna and can say the very same things about those hotels, also.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We are very pleased that you were happy with your stay. We hope to see you soon!
Sayville, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

On our way back north we decided to stay in Florence SC Check in was a breeze and desk clerk Janelle was very pleasant. Nice size room with safe and refrigerator . Very easy to control climate.
Bathroom ample size. Beds very comfortable , pillows soft if you like that. Pleasant lobby and coffee , tea and fruit available all the time. Area is growing with new stores and restaurants . Visited the magnolia mall , which was a few minutes away . Breakfast was included the next morning . You could make your own pancakes, or toast bagels. Cereal , muffins, fruit , juices. Very nice. All in all a nice stop for a weary traveler. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are thrilled that your stay went so well. We hope to see you again very soon!