“Great value”

Days Inn Florence/I-95 North
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Florence

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Greenville
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed for fours for Methodist conference. The rooms are well kept up an clean. Some upgrades are bringing undertaken with rooms an redoing parking lot with sealer. The front staff is very good an knowledgable, friendly. They have a good breakfast. Have 32 in flat screen tv's. Very quiet do not hear the interstate which is just do road.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
amwin, Director of Sales at Days Inn Florence/I-95 North, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are very pleased that your experience was a pleasurable one. We hope that you will return to us next year as well.
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

we used this hotel as a midnight stop on a Thursday after driving for 5 hours as we were very tired and not sure exactly what time but was woke by train horn and train. ( when leaving we noticed the tracks running parallel to the main road.) The staff was good and the room was clean, felt the room was a little overpriced. It made for a good stopping point minus the train.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your business and apologize that you were disturbed. To be so tired and have what should be a peaceful nights sleep disturbed is inexcusable. We are very sorry for any inconvenience.
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We most recently stayed at the Days Inn Florence on May 2.

We have stayed at this facility a few times in the past when we travel to and from Florida in the fall and spring. It is a good halfway point, is close to I-95, usually has courteous and helpful staff, is "pet friendly" and has a variety of restaurants close by. In general, we have been pleased with the quality of the facility for the price.

When we stayed at the motel in December (2013), we were somewhat disappointed with our room. My husband was recovering from hip replacement surgery and was using a walker. Therefore, when I made the reservation online, I chose a handicapped-accessible room to make it easier for him to enter the room and to use the bathroom facilities. When I checked in, I was told that a handicapped-accessible room was not available. We were given the "last available room" on the first floor. There was no hot water, no heat, and the TV did not work. After some time, a maintenance man arrived and solved the heat issue. Later the hot water did recover and the TV began to function.

Even though we were not pleased with our stay, we decided to give the motel another chance.

For our May 2 stay, when I made the reservation, I requested a first floor room to make it easier to carry our cat carrier, litter box, etc. into the room. At check in I was told that the only room available was on the second floor. My choice was to take the room or try to find another pet friendly motel with a room available on the first floor. Finding another hotel after 11 hours on the road was not a viable option. The room had only one hand towel and one wash cloth. The refrigerator door did not close properly. Breakfast the next morning was pitiful. There was no orange juice. When I brought this to the attention of the employee at the front desk she told me that the motel ran out of orange juice the day before. This was very unacceptable. In addition, there was no fruit. When I returned to check out there was no more regular coffee and no one was making an attempt to provide additional coffee.

I contacted the hotel manager with my concerns. She offered a free night's stay or a refund to my credit card. I chose the refund which I should have seen in 5-7 business days. A few weeks passed without receiving the refund.

All subsequent emails to the manager (asking about the refund) have been unanswered.

We will not stay at the facility again unless I receive the refund or a voucher for a free night's stay (as promised).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I imagine you were very disappointed. I apologize on behalf of everyone. I will check on that refund for you and you should see something very soon. Thank you for returning to us again and again. There are some great changes being made for the better and I do hope you will give us another try. Again. I apologize and these issues will be handled immediately.

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels