“Clean and very comfortable overnight stay”

Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Tacoma, Washington
“Clean and very comfortable overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stopped here on our way back from vacation. It was very clean and comfortable. It is "budget" so it does not have the luxury of other Marriotts. We got a great price and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Washington DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

This was a Marriott but it looked like they bought some other low value property and renamed it. Building was very old and dated. Rooms were small, musty, and the bathrooms the smallest I've ever been in. Could hear the people above us walking in their room. Was very disappointed at this Marriott.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

My family, 9 of us, stopped here on our way to Orlando and could not have been more pleased with everything. We were very impressed with the great breakfast that was included and the very efficient and friendly lady (wish I would have gotten her name) who took care of making breakfast special, she also kept all the areas spotless. We didn't have to ask her for anything, she was very observant and took care of every detail. My daughter got orange juice out of the machine and it came out like water so she set in on the table and before we knew it the "waitress" came to the table with a fresh glass of juice. The rooms and bedding was fresh and clean, not just covered up with room deodorizer, all the staff were very friendly. We go to Florida every year and we will always make this hotel our stopping point before heading into Orlando.

Room Tip: No special requests, all was great!
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gabbygrams
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

I was traveling in Florence on business and I normally stay at Hilton brand hotels but decided to try out this Fairfield. The location was top notch, located right by I-95, numerous resturants and the Magnolia Mall. The room was comfortable and clean. I would recommend booking a room on the interior corridor. The staff was very friendly and attended to questions and concerns promptly. My only complaint is that the rooms were not very sound proof. You could hear alot of noise outside and in other rooms, but it didn't impact my stay

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank skycruiser13
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

I took a risk on this hotel and stopped after pulling in off of I-95...usually I check TripAdvisor first to make sure I don't have a bad experience (lesson learned the hard way a couple years ago!). I didn't price any other hotels in the area (other than the big sign for $59.99 at Red Roof Inn), but as $74.99 is less than what you'll pay in many other areas for a decent hotel, I gave it a shot.

The room was very clean and had an HDTV (32", I think), albeit with standard-definition programming. I did have an issue with the free internet at first; the instructions say to plug into the ethernet cable, but that didn't work so I called the front desk. They said to use wifi...I had tried that as well without success. After a few minutes, it began to work on its own but it was very, very slow, so I tethered my smartphone and used that instead.

Other than the hiccup with the internet, my experience was great. The bed was very comfortable (small pillows, though - I used two) and the shower was great as well. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank JLee50
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

Stopped here because of the reviews. I do recommend this place. Rooms are clean. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is all you could want. Price is reasonable. We carry a little ac/dc cooler-frig and it was nice to park right outside youor door. It also made carrying your things in alot easier.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank jepotter
jacksonville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

Would not stay there again. This was a very dated property and badly needs to be renovated or preferably, replaced. Because we were traveling during a busy holiday, we were told at check-in that we were getting a room in an infrequently used section. That became apparent when there was no tv remote or shampoo in the room. Also, the old under-the-window ac/heat unit was very noisy and dusty.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple