Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Florence(Florence)
Residence Inn Florence(Florence)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree breakfastmagnolia mallbreakfast was excellentbed was comfortablerestaurants and shoppingfresh fruitstaff was very friendlywhitneypercycerealinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My family and I spent one night here as the overnight stop between the two days of a 200 mile cycling event across the state. It clearly used to be something other than a Marriott property, and is not up to their usual standards.

First the good. The room was clean. The property is in a pretty good location, with plenty of dining and shopping options nearby (I recommend Mellow Mushroom for pizza). The one staff person I dealt with was polite.

The nitpicks. This is an older "motel" style property, with all of the rooms opening outside onto walkways or balconies. Not a big issue when the weather is nice. But it was chilly and raining this night. And, given the urban setting, it's a bit of a security concern on the ground floor.

The bad. Despite having reserved a room with two queen size beds, they turned out to be only full size beds. The mattresses were worn out and unsupportive. Not what I wanted after 100 miles on a bicycle. The air conditioner had two settings; loudly freeze your butt off, and emit mildew smell. We chose to freeze. Fortunately, the tiny mattress meant we had to share body heat all night. Our toilet was equipped with a complementary clog. When I inquired at the front desk for a plunger, or for someone to fix it, I was told that there was no plunger, and that maintenance would fix it. Then I was told that they wouldn't be in until the next morning. Great. My last foray into the lobby (through the rain again) was in the morning to get breakfast. The food looked good, but there must have been 30 people crammed in the buffet area. I didn't have time to wait, or I'd miss the start of day two of my ride. So I left and grabbed breakfast (and a bathroom trip) on the way to the starting line at a fast food place.

No maintenance person ever showed up to fix the toilet prior to my family checking out later that day. And to top it all off, this Fairfield is more expensive than most others. Next year, I'll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Parking was adequate and check in was smooth. Room was good and had several amenities such as refrigerator and bath amenities. Had a little trouble with the safety lock on the room door, but that was taken care of in good manner by hotel maintenance staff. Breakfast was ok. Check out was easy.

Room Tip: Hotel is just off I-95 and I-20 with shopping and good food close by.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed here on business for three nights. I have no complaints about the staff, but the room itself was uninviting. The furniture had stains on it. There were three pieces -- a desk chair, another chair, and an ottoman and ALL THREE had a whitish stain on them. Ick. The carpet in the hallway was garish and I can't believe was EVER in style. The lamp in my room was crooked. Some of the lights did not work. I am not the kind of person who won't walk on a hotel floor, but I went to a nearby Belk's and bought slippers to wear in the room. The whole feel of the room was SHABBY. The air conditioner was very loud, but that turned out to be a good thing as it drowned out the constant dripping of the water from a leaky faucet in the bathtub. The only good thing I have to say is that the internet signal was quite strong and the location was extremely convenient for the business I was conducting. Pay a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This hotel did not give the sense of a Marriott chain, seems like it was just another average hotel. However the staffs were exceptional, very courteous and willing to assist, good location, good price and very good breakfast.

The bottom floor of this hotel seemed extremely average for a Marriott product; I had to request to move to the top floor which was a lot better.

Room Tip: Only stay on the top floor of this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed in the Fairfield Inn on the way to Florida. The location was good right off of I95 and close to shopping and food. The hotel needs to be updated. Our first room smelled so bad we asked to change our room. The employee at the desk granted our request without a problem, however, the 2nd room smelled almost as bad. It is pet friendly and maybe that's why. If you do decide to stay there, visit the Mellow Mushroom. It's next to the hotel, it has great pizza, good service. also don't plan on using their outdoor pool, it had a green film on the bottom of the pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family