“All round good choice”

Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center
Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Really warm and helpful welcome, good rooms, comfortable beds, quiet neighbourhood, close to shops and amenities, near the Interstate, excellent hot breakfast and good value for money. No complaints.

I had not intended to rate room service or restaurant in the "..say a little more about it " para below but accidentally ran my finger over them both. A score was given and couldn't be removed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel is a great place to stop for a good night's rest. The hotel manager recognizes my name whenever we make a reservation. It does help to be a Mariott Rewards Hotel Member.
All my special requests are honored, and if there happens to be a problem with the room, it is immediately taken care of.
This hotel also has a free hot and cold breakfast, and the food attendent makes sure everything is in order and fresh hot coffee available. They recently have added buffet style scrambled eggs and sausage patties. Fresh fruit and pastries also available.

A clean hotel for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, which is the 3rd floor. All rooms are interior and elevator to take you to t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

When in FlorenceSC this would be my motel of choice. Clean rooms,great location,Great staff. The GM took time to come by during breakfast to speak to everyone. Nice touch !!! I appreciate the smiles I received from the staff very important to me. great,friendly place to stay. During my stay much work was going on to make the motel even better. Nice friendly people mean a lot.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We decided to drive further than planned and just used the Marriott website to cancel one reservation and pick this hotel. Big mistake not to read TA. It is sort of shabby, rooms are small, painters were making a racquet.

Check in was a disaster. We asked if they had laundry, she said yes. I said is there laundry soap for sale, she said I'll give you one for free, no charge. So we asked for a room near the laundry (was on the second floor, outside staircases). She gave us a room on the first floor?? We then lugged in 4 suitcases (extended vacation) and sorted all the laundry, putting it into bags. I forgot to get the laundry soap from her so we went to the office, they were out! But she gave me some dryer sheets. We were too tired to go out looking for laundry soap.

Also, it was not cheap. You can find much better rooms in this town for less money. This is the second time we have had this happen with a Marriott property. Time to change I think.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel is located just 0.5 miles from I-95 exit, it is relatively convenient and situated in a fairly quiet and safe area. There are plenty of parking spaces and most of time the occupancy is very low. Therefore you have plenty of options to choose your room type and floor location. The check in/out process is relatively quick. The ventilation inside the building is not very good. There are always some odder smells inside the building. The room qualities and facilities are OK, but not very impressive. Overall, it is just a mediocre Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

How is this a Marriott? We stay at Marriotts and this is not up to Marriott standards!! We will never stay here again!! Why why why is this still considered worth the money we paid. It looks like they tried to update it but it still sucks. Oh and the laundry room smelled and the dryer didn't work. I hate rooms on the exterior of a hotel! It is not safe! Needs torn down or a cheap hotel need to buy it and put their name on it and them people will think they are getting a great hotel for $30. Not worth the $100 we spent!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My family and I spent one night here as the overnight stop between the two days of a 200 mile cycling event across the state. It clearly used to be something other than a Marriott property, and is not up to their usual standards.

First the good. The room was clean. The property is in a pretty good location, with plenty of dining and shopping options nearby (I recommend Mellow Mushroom for pizza). The one staff person I dealt with was polite.

The nitpicks. This is an older "motel" style property, with all of the rooms opening outside onto walkways or balconies. Not a big issue when the weather is nice. But it was chilly and raining this night. And, given the urban setting, it's a bit of a security concern on the ground floor.

The bad. Despite having reserved a room with two queen size beds, they turned out to be only full size beds. The mattresses were worn out and unsupportive. Not what I wanted after 100 miles on a bicycle. The air conditioner had two settings; loudly freeze your butt off, and emit mildew smell. We chose to freeze. Fortunately, the tiny mattress meant we had to share body heat all night. Our toilet was equipped with a complementary clog. When I inquired at the front desk for a plunger, or for someone to fix it, I was told that there was no plunger, and that maintenance would fix it. Then I was told that they wouldn't be in until the next morning. Great. My last foray into the lobby (through the rain again) was in the morning to get breakfast. The food looked good, but there must have been 30 people crammed in the buffet area. I didn't have time to wait, or I'd miss the start of day two of my ride. So I left and grabbed breakfast (and a bathroom trip) on the way to the starting line at a fast food place.

No maintenance person ever showed up to fix the toilet prior to my family checking out later that day. And to top it all off, this Fairfield is more expensive than most others. Next year, I'll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family