“It is what it is...good enough.”

Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center
Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“It is what it is...good enough.”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I don't understand the reviews expecting a Fairfield Inn to be a 5-star hotel...they aren't supposed to be and never will be.

Needed a hotel on the way to beach that would take pets and this fit the bill. I don't prefer Fairfield when traveling because they aren't as nice unless they are brand new. That said, this was good enough. Good location near a mall and plenty of restaurants. Hotel is older, but decor reasonably fresh and updated. Free breakfast was great with a decent spread and pleasant staff. Free wifi. Fitness room below average with only a treadmill and recumbent bike. Left 4 expensive bike locked on car overnight and no problems. Ask for an interior access room. Would consider staying again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joshb2j
ffi_flofi_gm, General Manager at Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Joshb2j,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the Fairfield Inn Florence.
This hotel is one of the few remaining "original, First Generation" Fairfield Inns still in operation.
Even though the hotel is 25 years old we still tery to keep everything fresh and clean.

We are adding a dumb bell rack and balance balls to the fitness center. Hopefully this will help our guests maintain their fitness routines.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Fairfield Inn Florence

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Terrible, dirty, dirty room. My feet/socks were black after walking on the carpet for 2 min?!?! Mattress might as well have been a folded up cardboard box, towels and amenities no good either. Accommodations are simply the worst. Ice machine 2nd floor broken and I could go on.

Breakfast buffet was good and staff encountered seemed friendly.

Skip this hotel if you just want a good night sleep on your way though town.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ffi_flofi_gm, General Manager at Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear mbronke
Please let me apologize for your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn Florence. Our hotel is one of the few "Original" Fairfield Inn's still in operation. Our brand has gone through some changes in the last 26 years. The Fairfield Inn Florence was recently purchased by new owners that are committed to improving the experience of all of our guests. We have ordered an new ice maker for the 2nd floor. A local carpet cleaning company has been contacted to clean all of the carpet in the hotel. We hope that the next time you travel through Florence you'll give us another chance to serve you.

New Jersey
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many, many Marriotts. This was the worst. And expensive for what it is. It should cost about $50 per night, not double.

We checked in about 12:30am. We were exhausted after a long drive. I walk in and there is no one at the front desk. I wait a couple minutes and loudly say hello. Nothing.

I call on the phone and it rings and rings. Almost 10 minutes later the night clerk comes out and lets me know she was in the restroom. No apology.

I try to pay with a Marriott gift card. After 10 minutes of her trying to process it, I tell her to forget it and I will do it in the morning.

The room was clean but small. The bathtub did not stay full for my daughter. It drained as she bathed so we did it quickly.

The breakfast was ok but crowded.

The kicker was after I checked out. I used the one public restroom they have. When I was finished, my shorts were soaking wet with toilet water. The toilet was leaking all over but with the tile color, I didn't notice until it was too late. Yuck!!!!!

Until big changes are made, I would avoid this hotel. Very dissatisfied customer.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
ffi_flofi_gm, General Manager at Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear ValerieR,

Please accept my apology for ther inconvenience that you experienced at the Fairfield Inn Florence.
I will discuss your arrival experience with the front desk agent that checked you in.
Our maintenance department is addressing the issue that you had in the restroom.

I truly appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. This is the only way that I can improve the property.

If you would like to discuss your experience with me in more detail please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Check-in perfunctory but passable. Room was clean but likely empty for sometime before us; musty and smelled of dank. Paint on walls peeling and generally shabby. Breakfast was quite good, but the harried staff couldn't keep up with the demand so much of the items were out for 10-15 mins. Again, all staff were cordial and pleasant, but the old facility needs some serious repair/refurbishing.

Room Tip: bring an air freshener and flip-flops. better yet, stay next door at the La Quinta!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank memjfm1
ffi_flofi_gm, General Manager at Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear memjfm1,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Fairfield Inn Florence. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. Our hotel is one of the few remaining "Original First Generation" Fairfield Inns still in operation today. We have recently been purchased by new owners. They are committed to improving the property and our guest's experiences. I hope the next time you travel through Florence you'll give us another chance to serve you.
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight at this hotel since I am a marriot chain Gold Elite member. I stay more than 70 nights at marriott hotels but the quality and layout of this hotel does not meet Marriott standards. I have stayed at more than 280 nights at marriott hotels, ths is the worst fairfield inn I have stayed. Looks like Motel 6 has been converted to fairfield inn. Wife has a disability shown in my marriott profile but was given regular room.Ice machines do not work on all floors. Its not worth $100 night hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear SonnyJ,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Fairfield Inn Florence. I do appreciate the feedback that I get from our guests, especially our Elite Rewards members. Your opinion is important to us. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. Our hotel is one of the few remaining "Original First Generation" Fairfield Inns still in operation today. We have also recently been purchased by new owners. They are committed to improving the property and our guest's experiences. I hope the next time you travel through Florence you'll give us another chance to serve you.

Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I agree with the writers below that this hotel is not up to expectations for a Marriott property. While I believe the sheets, towels, etc. were clean, the hotel is very dated with a very small bathroom. It has a shabby appearance. We stayed on the second floor and the exterior deck floor has a generous downard tilt, The room had a really musty smell. We turned the heat on which helped. The lobby is not impressive at all. The hotel really needs to be torn down. I definitely won't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ffi_flofi_gm, General Manager at Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear READYTOGO2014,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Fairfield Inn Florence. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. Our hotel is one of the few remaining "Original First Generation" Fairfield Inns still in operation today. We have also recently been purchased by new owners. They are committed to improving the property and our guest's experiences. I hope the next time you travel through Florence you'll give us another chance to serve you.

Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Fairfield Inns are our hotel of choice when traveling and we travel very frequently. This specific hotel is not up to Marriott standards and needs a complete renovation. The best I can say is the bathroom was clean and staff friendly.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ffi_flofi_gm, General Manager at Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear JTM125,
Thank you for sharing your concerns about the Fairfield Inn Florence. Our hotel is one of the few remaining "Original First Generation" Fairfields still in operation. Our hotel has recently been purchased by new owners that are committed to improving the hotel.
I hope that the next time you travel through Florence you'll give us another chance to serve you.