“Comfort Stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Florence
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Florence
“Comfort Stay”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

I rarely stay at this particular chain. But on this trip, i did nkt regret doing so. Although i was assigned an handical room, it was very clean. The breakfast was decent but nothing that woukd put it over the top of my regukar hotel chain. No issues with the service on my end.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Keyport, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is our third time staying at this location and we were greeted like old friends visiting again.
The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and the cookies are yummy. Florence, SC has many choices for hotels, but we enjoy the value for what we receive at this Country Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Although the bathroom sink hot water pressure was scarce, it was a nice hotel and would stay here again. Rooms are very large with king bed, pull out sofa,microwave and small frig.

The lobby staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is pretty standard with many hot foods as well as cereals, breads, etc. Nice outdoor pool.

Directly across from I 95.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This Country Inn and Suites is not typical of the chain. The lobby is different and they don['t have the traditional stairs to the second floor. The room we stayed in was large and comfortable, while not new everything was in good shape. Bathrooms were nice had the deepest bathtub I have ever see in a hotel. Breakfast was on par or slightly below other Country Inn and Suites. The front desk was courteous and helpful. Overall a nice hotel and no problems were experienced..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Don N
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I arrived here very late, and the front doors were locked. I had to yell through a plastic window to get someone's attention so that I could check in - there was a bell, but it clearly wasn't working. Once I got in, the receptionist was courteous, and the check in process was quick.

The hotel itself is slightly dated. The halls are a bit dingy, but this wasn't a huge issue for me. My room was supposed to be non-smoking, but it reeked of stale cigarette smoke. Room cleanliness was good, and the bed was extremely comfortable.

The breakfast was absolutely one of the best that I've ever seen in a hotel at this level - it had the standard waffles, cereal, and muffins, but also a create-your-own fruit parfait bar, an oatmeal bar, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, & multiple types of bagels. I was genuinely impressed.

All in all, if you can deal with the cigarette smell, the bed & breakfast alone make this well worth an overnight visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is my third stay at Country Inn & Suites and am happy to say this hotel chain is great. I had a little problem with the room smelling of cigarette smoke (expected unless the entire hotel is smoke-free) but it was not bad enough that I was able to ignore it after a while. The room was otherwise clean, the front desk and breakfast staff are friendly and efficient. I will definitely look for this chain in my next trips.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Middletown, Delaware
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed there twice in 10 days; this is a review of both. I was traveling alone w my 22 nth old from DE; we had been on the road for nearly 12 hrs when we arrived. The front desk was so efficient, my son and I were there less than 5 mins. and knew where to go for dinner (Shoney's) and everyone's name. They even had my pack n play ready for me to put on the luggage cart when we got there. I was impressed already. The room was a non- smoking 2nd floor overlooking the pool. It was immaculate; the sheets and pillows were perfect and the temperature in the room was just right when we arrived. Breakfast was more than just a typical continental set up; fruits, eggs, sausage, waffle maker and French toast. This was in addition to the 4 types of coffee, three types of hot tea, fresh fruit, 4 types of juice, hot and cold cereals and pastries. Breakfast is from 7-10:30 on weekends and it is always fresh. The pool was open and not busy Friday night or Sat. Morning when we were there the first time. We were there last night (Sat) and the pool was very busy, but not over crowded.

• Stayed July 2013