“What I expected”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Florence
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Very typical Country Inn and Suites facility. Convenient to the interstate, clean rooms and friendly staff. Breakfast was respectable and the staff was courteous. This was an overnight stay, so the hotel served it's purpose very well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had a reservation at your Country Inn & Suites in Florence, SC for several nights beginning 10/8/13. The reservation was for business purposes because I am a Revenue Agent with the Internal Revenue Service and had an appointment with a taxpayer (I made the reservation in early to mid September). However, due to the government shutdown, I have been furloughed since 10/1/13, and unable to work. Because I have been unable to work, I was uncertain whether my reservation was for 10/8 or 10/9. I called the hotel the morning of 10/9 and explained the situation to the manager (Sharon, Sandra, or some similar name that begins with an 'S'). She refused to waive the cancellation fee and did not show not even the slightest bit of sympathy for me, the situation, and seemingly did not care. If anything, she only cared about the bottom line.

I also contacted your corporate telephone number on your website to speak to someone else and further discuss/explain the issue. I was notified that they would refer the issue to the hotel manager for resolution. The manager simply reiterated her earlier position with the same dismissive tone. To me, this is the epitome of poor management.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeff D
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed one night on trip to Florida. Tamara at the front desk was friendly, courteous and attentive to our needs. Requested a first floor room and when I found out it was near the elevator and lobby, I asked for an alternative room. Tamara took care of that easily without any change in the smile on her face. Room was clean, spacious, and quiet. Breakfast was typical for Country Inn and Suites and I would rate it as above average.
Bottom line: I would stay there again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

I rarely stay at this particular chain. But on this trip, i did nkt regret doing so. Although i was assigned an handical room, it was very clean. The breakfast was decent but nothing that woukd put it over the top of my regukar hotel chain. No issues with the service on my end.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is our third time staying at this location and we were greeted like old friends visiting again.
The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and the cookies are yummy. Florence, SC has many choices for hotels, but we enjoy the value for what we receive at this Country Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Although the bathroom sink hot water pressure was scarce, it was a nice hotel and would stay here again. Rooms are very large with king bed, pull out sofa,microwave and small frig.

The lobby staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is pretty standard with many hot foods as well as cereals, breads, etc. Nice outdoor pool.

Directly across from I 95.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This Country Inn and Suites is not typical of the chain. The lobby is different and they don['t have the traditional stairs to the second floor. The room we stayed in was large and comfortable, while not new everything was in good shape. Bathrooms were nice had the deepest bathtub I have ever see in a hotel. Breakfast was on par or slightly below other Country Inn and Suites. The front desk was courteous and helpful. Overall a nice hotel and no problems were experienced..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends