“Friendly, Clean, and Spacious”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Florence
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Ponte Vedra, Florida
“Friendly, Clean, and Spacious”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Traveling from MD back to FL after New Years arrived at this hotel for a one night stay. The front desk staff, Mrs Katlyn was very efficient, friendly, and professional even with several people in line. Our room was very spacious and clean. The morning breakfast area was well stocked with eggs, French toast, sausage, cereals, fruit, etc. The breakfast bar staff, Ms. Jeanette was quick to refill items, clean areas, and being very friendly. When I asked where her tip jar was she gave me a polite, "I don't have one." I still handed her a tip and told her to have a nice day. I have made Country Inn & Suites one of my favorite places to stay. Next stay is in Port Canaveral for our cruise departing January 26th.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chefmaster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
FenwicK Island, DE
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stopped here on our first night while on our way to Florida. We did not have reservations and had been driving the last 5 hours in rain, often very heavy. There were 2 people in front of me. The evening shift front desk woman who was on duty 1/11 was very friendly and helpful to all of us. The room was clean and overall fine and most importantly, the bed was very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Lobby was really busy when we arrived, but the front desk staff was very friendly and efficient and we were checked in quickly. Coffee and cookies while we waited was nice after a long drive in the rain. Our room was large and very comfortable. Morning breakfast bar was well stocked and had some healthy options - in addition to the typical pastries. Coffee was actually good! After a really bad experience at another hotel, this will now be my regular stop off 95 on my way up the east coast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We had driven all day in mist and very heavy traffic and decided to stop over in Florence. We did not have a reservation and felt lucky to nab a room at this hotel. The room itself was clean and comfortable. There was an inordinate amount of noise penetrating the walls though that did not cause too much aggravation. This hotel is right off the interstate and it was obvious that most people were much like us having traveled all day in route to or from and were interested in resting the night. We were up at 6 Am so we could get an early start for the remainder of our trip. Our intentions were to grab a quick breakfast and hit the rode, like the other 20 folks in the room set aside for breakfast. There was something strange thoufh as nobody in the room had food in front of them. There were breads, cereals etc laid out but no plates or utensils. The setup lady was there and she told us that the General manager had told her not to put out the food until 7 AM. Of course, for us and everybody else that came in early, that would mean that we would have to wait over 30 minutes for food, all because this brilliant GM decided that people on the weekends should not eat before the time she designated. I told the lady that we were ready to get on the rode but she claimed that she could only do what her GM told her to do, regardless of the fact that she had the food prepared and ready to set out and that there were 20 or so people waiting to eat before they resumed there trip. Now I ask you, is this not the most ridiculous and asinine GM rule for travelers that you have heard. It caused me so much disbelief that I have decided that Country Inn and Suites does not need our business any longer. AND THIS IS THE ONLY HOTEL CHAIN WE HAVE USED OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS SO THIS IS A LOSS OF BUSINESS FOR THESE FOLKS. Oh well! My suggestion would be that they retrain their General Managers to actually take care of their customers in all respects, especially when the majority of the guests are travelers!.

Room Tip: If you are traveling on a weekend and intend to get an early start, you can forget this hotel: go so...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jimoak
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Florence, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the noise issues that you experienced. Also, we are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the “Be Our Guest” Breakfast being available at an earlier time. Our goal is to ensure fresh food is provided and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service.
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I had a room with a King bed. The room was large and the sofa was very nice to have there. Price very reasonable. I have stayed in Country Inn once before years ago (not this location). I was satisfied then and was now as well. The friendly staff was a plus.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Triangle
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

This was a great place to stay. Got a good rate with my reward points. My son really liked the free cookies and the free breakfast. Close to restaurants. Liked the location since it was right off the interstate. Will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
Woodbridge, VA
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel on 2 separate occasions during the week before Christmas. I rate it very good based on our interaction with the staff. Further, the hot breakfast was good. They offered waffles (make your own), scrambled eggs, meat (ham on one occasion, sausage on the other), oatmeal, bagels, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea, juice...etc.

On the first occasion, the room was clean and neat. On the second occasion, the room wasn't completely tidy. We arrived very late and didn't feel like complaining because it wasn't too bad. We always take Lysol wipes with us and took 4 or 5 minutes to clean the counters, knobs, and tables and then felt perfectly comfortable. It was enough to bump down my rating from excellent to very good.

I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 209 is a good room for someone who is physically challenged. It is large and the shower has gri...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple