“Great, clean hotel off 95. Pet friendly!”

Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 19 November 2007

This was the third time we stayed at this Red Roof, because we travel with our small dog, and need a pet-friendly hotel. The hotel looks very new or recently remodeled. We stayed on the 2nd floor on the east corner room. We were very pleased with everything. Very clean, no bugs (I read another review saying that they saw bugs) working tv, comfy beds and close to a lot.
We ate takeout from the Outback which is in the plaza across the street. You can't beat the price for the value.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kaylaconn

Reviewed 20 August 2007

This is the second hotel I had to check in to in a two day period. This hotel was a bit better than my prior. The only thing with this room was that I had to purchase bug spray. There were dead crickets/grasshoppers all over the room. My children were afraid to sleep. We had to sleep with the lights on. Kind of disgusting...but...better than roaches! uugh!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 24 April 2007

Stayed at this Red Roof Inn the week of April 1-8 with my husband and son. We were on our way to Florida and it was a good overnight stop. Very reasonably priced and great location. Many stores nearby, restaurants and convenient stores. Easy on/off I95. We didn't plan on staying here but you couldn't go wrong with the price (I believe is was 54.99 for the night). I noticed other guests with dogs so I guess it is a pet friendly hotel. The room was fine (2 double beds) and we did not experience any musty odors. I would have no problem staying here the next time we drive down to FL.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank lmartinez825
Reviewed 30 November 2006

We were looking for another inexpensive, clean, safe, dog-friendly hotel close to I-95 for our return trip from southern Florida to Virginia. We stayed in the Red Roof at Jacksonville airport on our way down and had a pretty positive experience (see that review if you are looking for another close-to-95 hotel down that way). While the lobby has been renovated (assuming as a part of Red Roof's "Redesigned and Rededicated" initiative), the room we stayed in had not. It wasn't too bad, but did not compare to the renovated room in Jacksonville. There are plenty of restuarants near-by (be prepared to wait for a table though) and don't, under any circumstances, take the main road outside of the restaurant/hotel area, not that it's unsafe, there's just no where to turn around, we ended up going about 15 minutes out of our way while we were evaluating our dining options! This is a good hotel for quick, safe, inexpensive, dog friendly lodging off 95. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well. We will definitely stay there again barring any horrendous reviews between now and then!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cjp2
Reviewed 26 August 2006

Convenient location. Helpful front desk. Coffee in lobby. Restaurants close by. Would stay there again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank Statetravellers
A TripAdvisor Member
York
Reviewed 18 June 2006

We had previously stayed at another Red Roof Inn with no problems and selected this one due to location on I-95. The room smelled musty and was damp despite the AC running on high. Updating of the room interior is well overdue as the carpet and chairs were stained and worn. No breakfast was provided. I can't recommend this motel.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Williamsport, PA
Reviewed 25 October 2005

Very convenient to I-95 (on our way to Florida). However, both rooms were very damp and smelly. We turned on the heat in both rooms and that seemed to clear it up, but several of us have allergies, so it still bothered us.

Desk clerk was very helpful, normal amenities in the rooms.

Might stay there again.