“Clean, Quiet, Comfy Overnight On I-95” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Florence
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Clean, Quiet, Comfy Overnight On I-95”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

On my latest trip up I-95 from Florida, I checked into this recently renovated motel close to one of several busy Florence exits. Despite the proximity of the interstate, gas stations, a shopping mall and many restaurants, the motel rooms are fairly quiet, and surprisingly comfortable, considering the moderate price.

As my photos show, my room was fairly stylish, a "superior" room booked through the AAA website for about $53. The spacious room includes a comfortable work area, flatscreen TV, fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, and safe (more on that later). After setting the fridge temp a bit colder, I tried the wi-fi, and connected OK. Not the speediest, but not bad, considering I was in a separate building from the lobby.

The tiny lobby is toward the front of the motel- check-in was swift as I was the only one there, however check-out can be slow when there is only one clerk working. No breakfast is provided, but there is an in-room coffeemaker, and there are many restaurants nearby, several within walking distance. A gas station right next door has a large convenience store: very handy.

At this price point, I found the Red Roof to be an *excellent* value. The (superior) room, king bed, desk & task chair, and bath facilities were above average. The lack of "free" breakfast is acceptable, considering the room rates. The proximity to the highway, restaurants, and even a big mall, is helpful. This a great overnight rest-stop for travelers in the I-95 pipeline.

The only negative aspects were a somewhat slow check-out procedure, and unapproved and unannounced charges for the presence of an in-room safe which I did not use. This is not noted on the AAA booking confirmation, or in the motel's info or check-in procedure. I did not notice the extra fee ($1.50) until I had driven away. I should have insisted that they remove the charge, as it violates the AAA rate agreement. But despite these minor annoyances, I can strongly recommend the Red Roof Inn Florence for an overnight stop.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms in the rear building are very quiet. Try to book a "superior" room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MrNuz
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. I am glad that you had a chance to experience the newly remodeled rooms. We look forward to seeing in the near future.

Red Roof Inn Florence,SC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

Inexpensive, quiet locale, spacious room, comfortable bed and our pets were welcome! Gas station/ convenience store just next door, Mall shopping and restaurants were walking distance. I was so relieved to have a safe, quiet place to house our animals with us on our trip down to Florida. It was a terrific experience. My only complaint was that the internet service was slow!

Room Tip: ask for the deluxe room. King size bed, microwave, refrigerator and a spacious counter for work spac...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Thanks for your feedback about your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. I apologize about the speed of the internet connection and we are currently working to correctly this issue. I appreciate your comments about our newly renovated guest rooms and look forward to your next visit.

O'Brien, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

Room was small but clean, and updated. and they are pet friendly. No breakfast, but that was ok the price was fair. Firm beds, had to ask for more towels. Would stay here again and recommend this place.

Room Tip: Like to stay in the back, less noice
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. I am glad that you had a chance to experience the newly renovated rooms. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Red Roof Inn Florence
Johnsburg, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Location was good; near the interstate and across the street from a mall, and close to many eating opportunites. Room was small, but clean. When we found out we were on the second floor, we tried to change, but they wouldn't accommodate us. We had checked in by 4PM, so the place was still empty and had available rooms. It was hard for us as seniors to carry our luggage up an outside, steel, staircase. No breakfast available, or if there was no one told us about it and we didn't see a dining area when we signed in.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. Unfortunately depending on the room type they are not always availble on the first floor. We do have handicap acessible rooms to accomendate guest that require a first floor room. Also we only provie a coffee bar in the lobby in the morning, but there are numerous breakfast restaurant in the area. Thank you again for your feedback.

Red Roof Inn Florence, SC
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

We arrived and no one was in the office but after a short wait the clerk returned and opened the office so we could check in. Apparently this is a no frills operation as even if you were already registered and had a key there would be no office access. Our room appeared to have been recently updated with new carpet, paint, and flat screen TV. Although there is a sign in the office that says all rooms are smoke free, we felt (smelt) the odor of smoke in the room. But we were tired and decided to make the best of it. This is an older hotel in that all doors are outside access. Our beds were firm, I liked that, but the pillows were even firmer which wasn't popular with either of us. We did have a good nights rest and were surprised when we opened the door to leave to find the parking lot full. Apparently this is a popular stop and the price is excellent; but you do have to pay a $1.50 for a safe charge even if you don't use the safe: hardly a deal breaker but silly. No breakfast and my wife felt a couple of towels were a bit funky so we just dropped them on the floor and didn't use them. Overall, not bad for the price and I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, 4 November 2012
Thank you for your comments rergarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. The safe fee is an option fee that can be removed at check out when requested. I appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on your next visit.

Rockaway, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed one night In a king standard. Very small and basic left with two towel bathroom had rements of crap in the toilet. Linens could have been cleaner. I was desperate for a cheap nights sleep. Very quiet and safe it seemed. I would recommend it if you are really low on cash it was about 40 for the night and right off i95. It A room. Would I stay again maybe if I was low on cash and needed a place. But I would certainly call the desk for cleaning to get back there to clean. I was so exhausted. I sucked it up. Research other places in the area and if tight on cash make it a last resort. Inbox me with any question.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I would like apologize for your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. This is not the usual presentation of our rooms and I have corrected these issues immediately with my staff. I hope you will give us another try in the near future. Thank you for your comments.

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed here on our way to Myrtle Beach. The property was nicely landscaped with nice walkways between rooms and buildings. The room was spotless, new carpeting, fresh paint and generally pleasant. Bathroom was very clean a little small but quite adequate. Beds were very comfortable. Coffee is available in the office. The location is very convenient to restaurants and is just off the major roadway. Staff was very courteous and helpful. The extra pillows we requested were waiting for us when we arrived and were delivered to our room. You can't beat the price....We would stay here again in a heartbeat! Lauretta

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauretta C
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. I am glad that you found the newly renovated room to your satisifaction. We appreciate customer comments, and look forward to your return visit in the near future.