“Inexpensive, Poor Cleaned Hotel ”

Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“Inexpensive, Poor Cleaned Hotel ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

We arrived after dark in Florence, and easily found the Red Roof Inn. Typical check in experience with a pleasant front desk associate .

At first look, the room appeared fine . But there was a lot amiss after moving in our bags. First, the carpet was stained in places and had not been vacuumed effectively. Particles were still on the floor, especially close to the walls. The bed had a duvet on top that had visible stains that made me wonder about the rest of the bed--we removed it and put it aside. No one could miss this , especially the cleaning staff.

The bathroom was gross. When closing the door , there was long black hair and dust balls highly visible--someone has not cleaned behind the door for more than one day, and equally troubling, the toilet was unclean and had hairs on it.

Gross.

The cleaning associate definitely needs additional training, and the supervisor clearly did not conduct a quality review on this room.

Also, bagged trash was laying on the hotel grounds around the perimeter of the hotel.

I have been happy with the Red Roof room upgrade initiative , but upgrades alone cannot compensate for inattention to basic cleanliness .

Will definitely not return.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1lacrosse
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
I would like to apologize for the cleanliness of your guest room, and would like to let you know that I will address this with my staff immediately. I thank you for your comments and hope that you will give Red Roof another chance.

Red Roof Inn Florence, SC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Provincetown, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I decided to try out this Red Roof Inn for a number of reasons. The usual place was tired and in need of a facelift. In addition, it was closer to my cousins house, five minutes, and there is no charge for the Cats. Matter of fact it was close to everything! I was glad I did. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a great space for me and the Cats as well as quiet for sleeping.
It was also unimportant that there was no breakfast and no frills. It was perfect for sleeping and showering, and keeping the Cats happy. However there is coffee in the lobby. Will definitely return next visit.

Room Tip: Room around back are the quietest.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CATTSAR
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return visit.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I'm just going to point everyone towards tiaP2013's review below. We feels the same way. Red Roof is fast becoming our motel of choice: they accept our dog with no hassles and no extra cost; rooms are clean; free wifi; reasonable price. The Florence, SC Red Roof is keeping the streak going. Thanks, folks!

1 Thank mattand08
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
We really appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. We looked forward to your next visit.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Accomodations were acceptable for a single night stay. Clean and comfortable. Evening staff seemed rather bored and uninterested. When I visited the front desk with an inquiry I felt as though I was a burden.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
I would like to apologize for the customer service that you received during your stay. I would like to thank you for your comments. Corrective actions will be taken immediately with my staff to prevent this from happening in the future to there guest. We appreciate your business.

Lachute, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Clean, Friendly inexpensive and is close to tons of restaurants and stores. It is pet friendly too! 2nd time here and am not disappointed...Always quiet nice surrounding area and is right across the street from a mall and walking distance to many restaurants. Very nice room and enjoyed our stay...

Room Tip: close to hwy I-95 and is the best location to after travel activities!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return.

Tia Smalls]
Barnegat, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Terrible. Terrible. Terrible. After a long day of driving we stopped at the Red Roof Inn for the night and we were given room 126. When we opened the door to the "smoke free" room we could smell the stale cigarette smell in the room. Adult Movies were being offered on the TV. We pulled back the bed spread and found a large stain of unknown substance (and I prefer to keep it that way, YUK) tried to call the front desk but there was no answer so we put our belongings back into the car and drove back the front desk. We told the lady at the desk that due to the dirty sheets we would like a refund. She did not say anything just gave us back our money and we left. No sorry, no customer service at all. We will never stay at ANY Red Roof again.

Room Tip: Bay Mount Inn and Suites
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
I am sorry about your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. I have addressed this with my housekeeping staff, and would like you to know that corrective action has been taken immediately . I appreciate your comments, and would like to invite you to give us another try.

Chiefland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We traveled through Florence and spent just one night at Red Roof Inn.
Arrived late, very tired but welcomed by a warm and welcoming staff.

Good housekeeping staff! The room was in good order and smelled fresh. We had the quiet we needed to get a good night's sleep before getting back on the road again.

Our dog was welcomed as well and it is good to see that there are hotels that are "Pet Friendly". We have found that most are not. Either they prohibit pets or overcharge for a pet's stay.
Not Red Roof. We were very pleased with this stay.

Thank You!

Room Tip: If travelling with a pet, take a first floor, corner room if possible. It's convenient to the o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thanks for your positive feedback about your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. I will share your comments with my team. I appreciate that you found this pet friendly location to you satisfaction. We look forward to your next visit.

Red Roof Inn Florence. SC