“Don't Stop Here”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I doubt this survey will even be looked at, muchless addressed. However, for starters your breakfast was the first issue. Although ther is some variety, the only thing that appeared to be fresh was the sausage and sausage gravy. Which is fine but I am jewish and do not eat Port. That left me with stale danishes and/or cereal. I would have appreciated the same opportunity for a hot breakfast as the same guests. During my stay it was extremely noisy due to your walls being paper thin and guests being very inconsiderate. I would have made a complaint if your staff would have answered the phone at the desk when I tried. They did however answer the phone when I called the night before my check-out but I may have just as well been talking to the wall. I asked that they make sure my bill had a zero balance since I would need that for my business office to process my travel. I assumed you delivered them during the morning hours like other hotels. I was mistaken because that would require your morning person to actually be awake. I explained that i would have a very early check out (4am) and would like it so there would be no delay. Well, when i got up and went to the front desk your cleark was obviously asleep. He walked around behind the desk, half asleep, mumbling for 15 minutes before he could get your computer up. Then he printed a receipt that I could not read because your printer needs toner. When I pointed out that I could not read the dates and this was critical information for processing my travel through my business office, he merely stated that he knew the toner needed replacing and that I would have to get with the day staff. Why could he not have pointed that out before I read it for myself. Maybe because he was asleep. Really? Needless to say I will not be staying with Sleep Inn there or any other locaion. I will surely pass this along to my co-workers to make sure they don't have the same experience I had. I'm only glad my stay was short. I called back twice to get a receipt emailed to me and to get the safe charge taken off my bill and encountered a desk clerk on the day shift that could care less about customer service either. So, i guess it's not just the morning staff.

Room Tip: Unless you like poor customer services, before, during, and after the service, don't pick this p...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank James M

Reviewed 3 August 2013

The closer you get to the coast, the more expensive hotels get. I selected this one because it was from a brand I trust and the price met my budget needs. I was happy with the stay as the room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast area was a little small for the number of rooms occupied on a weekend, but it was an overall good experience.

Room Tip: Choice Hotels have always provided me with a clean and comfortable room. Free breakfast and WiFi is...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stay was ok....It was pretty noisy in the hallways late at night. There were a lot of girls there for a softball tournament and they were running through the halls laughing and screaming etc......The shower light didn't work when you turned on the switch and then without warning it would come on eventually. The water pressure was AWFUL!!! Worst we had on our 8 day trip.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This hotel was about as I expected for the price. It was one of the more affordable hotels in the area and my family and I were looking for an acceptably clean, affordable, place to stop for the night. I would say the hotel was acceptable for a one night stay. It seemed relatively clean. On the downside, the hotel generally smelled like cigarette smoke (even though the facility is supposed to be strictly non-smoking, the smoke seems to waft in from outside the doors. Our room did not have a smoky smell but the hallways did), so if you have allergies this is probably not the place for you. Also, the rooms were very very small. The breakfast is really not a perk. It closes at 9AM, and everybody in the hotel is trying to get breakfast around 8:30 before it closes. It is very crowded and they have a hard time keeping food available so I would recommend eating somewhere else unless you are okay with a plain bagel or getting up at 6AM. When we were there, there seemed to only be one person other than the cleaning staff working and she seemed unable to handle any requests beyond checking people in and out. Her attitude was the general attitude of someone overworked and underpaid, so overall it wasn't exactly a pleasant experience but if you are looking for a cheap place to stay then this place is clean and was okay for an overnight stop. We drove around and checked the other hotels in the area and this is really the only 'middle of the road' option we could find. The other hotels were either really expensive or seemed a little sketchy.

2  Thank Hereandthere221
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The front staff are extremely rude. Don't ask for extra anything, just don't bother them. We also had a problem with the extra charge for the safe. They are very rude about having to remove the charge. No elevator in the hotel. We had a block of rooms for a softball tournament. Several of our players had problems with their AC units smoking and the staff didn't want to do anything about it. My daughter encountered two women one morning who told her they would love to come to her game, but they had been up all night working, and they looked like hookers. The rooms weren't clean. We found a box of condoms in our room. Made sense when my daughter met the other guests. We will never stay there again.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Allow plenty of time to check in and check out...it takes forever! And watch...they automatically charge you a SAFE FEE! I didn't even know there was a safe!! Clerk was very rude about removing the charge...like it was my fault! I think its a scam!! Breakfast wasn't kept filled..trying to skimp. Trash in kitchen area was always overflowing. While having a conversation with another guest in the lobby the desk clerk told us to "keep it down, she was trying to check someone in!" And we were not loud...I'm a 50 yr old lady who speaks very quietly. Some staff would step outside to smoke while customers were waiting at the front desk. Some staff would continually go outside to meet people in vehicles and then come right back in?? Toilet in the bathroom had a ring and when lifting the seat it was dirty..yuck! Will not stay there again!!

1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Traveling from Texas to NC, we stopped here for the night. I'm usually leery of of this particular chain but read the reviews and thought "what the heck, it's only one night." Wow! Were we pleasantly surprised! The front desk clerk was very friendly and spontaneous. She had a great sense of humor and provided us with an excellent recommendation for dinner. Our room was very nice. The bed was very comfortable, the room was laid out very efficiently with the shower (no tub) and commode were together and the sink was in the main part of the room. It worked. The room was just average clean. Nothing gross but not spit and polish clean either. The outside of the hotel was a little dirty. Needed a good power wash. We did not stay for breakfast but walked by the breakfast bar. Very average, nothing spectacular. We'll definitely stay here again if our travel permits.