“Great for a one night stay”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed for one night as a sleep over driving to the beach. I thought this hotel was clean and well kept. The front desk was nice and the price was great. Nice Pool with two palm trees. Can't ask for more than that. Would return again if in the neighborhood. Wish they would keep breakfast open longer than 9am. Missed it all together.

Room Tip: Close to the pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Traci L

Reviewed 16 May 2014

For many years we have relied on Choice Hotels brands for our car trips throughout the United States for a good night's sleep and consistent good service at reasonable prices. Also consistent have been two breakfast deficiencies: dilute orange juice and weak coffee. We were very pleasantly surprised at Sleep Inn Florence, S.C., to find full strength orange juice and strong, hot, black, fresh coffee. Wow!!
Other breakfast choices included sausage, biscuits, and gravy; bagels and cream cheese; yogurt; hard-boiled eggs; dry cereal and oat meal; bananas and apples -- altogether a better breakfast than we had been offered the previous morning at a boutique Cape Charles hotel that charged three times Sleep Inn's nightly rate.

Room Tip: No elevators, so request a first floor room unless you are traveling backpack light.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is my second review/stay for this hotel. My first review was about a year ago so a lot of the comments about the hotel/room are still applicable. The entire property (including the room that I stayed in) was clean, beautiful, and appeared to be well maintained. On-site amenities included a small laundromat and an exercise room that had a couple of treadmills and cycling machines. My room was reasonably priced and was "right sized" (not too big, but not too small either). Also, it had a (mini) refrigerator, microwave, and an office type desk. The bed (mine was king size) was very comfortable and a joy to sleep in. Breakfast was not continental style, but not a full meal either : hard boiled eggs, biscuits, sausage (mix) gravy, dry cereal, milk, juice, yogurt, waffle maker, bagels, muffins, fresh fruit, etc. Be sure to get there early (it starts at 6am each day) because it appears that people who stay at this hotel are early risers. This means that it runs out of some items. Also, the breakfast area itself was small. It consisted of 6-7 tables placed very closely to one another. While I did not have any issues with the room (like I did last time), I did have a major issue with the maid service. Here is what happened. Maid knocks on the door in the morning. I explained to her that after an hour I will be out of the room for the rest of the day. When I returned after midnight, the "Do Not Disturb" tag was on the door knob (which was odd) and then to my surprise the room had not been cleaned, which is UNACCEPTABLE. So because of this and because of the issues that I had with the previous room, I cannot recommend this hotel as highly as I had done within my previous review. So be aware that if you decide to book at this Sleep Inn, you will probably encounter issues & problems during your stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JMTinMB
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have stayed at this location every year since 2004, when it was new. NOT one thing has changed in decor since my first stay. It's well maintained, clean and friendly staff. Just needs a little TLC. (room did have a bit of damp smell) I was not happy with the pricing, I was told one price but my credit card was billed and additional $10. when I questioned it, I was told the price I was given was before taxes. That was a let down. I should of been told full cost including all taxes at check in. Overall safe, good parking, clean and includes breakfast. So good value for the price.

Room Tip: Clean and fairly priced, but not updated. If your staying one night its fine, but might be cramped f...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

If you are just needing a nights sleep and moving on. This hotel would do. If you have difficulty lifting your bags, be aware they have no elevator. So either request a ground floor or another hotel.
The room is only equipped with a shower and small bathroom. The walls are thin so you can hear everything. Take note, if you follow my reviews I don't normally complain about thin walls. But I heard everyone walking down the hall. Breakfast was nothing great and the room is very small so don't be surprised if you have trouble finding a place to sit.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This spot is excellent for going to vero beach from nj. Just past the half way point. Good service and good staff. Beds very comfortable and very clean. I recommend this motel and will be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank rritacco1
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel need renovation. Apparently the vacuum cleaner heads do not get to the wall and the room perimeters are very dusty. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The breakfast is limited and mediocre, We ate breakfast at 8 am and there were 2 boiled eggs left, only 1 remaining piece of fruit, and only a few tea bag that were decaf. 'As we ate our own gf peanut butter sandwich and drank coffee, none of these things were replenished, We really had a great sleep inn in midlothian va so we were very disappointed in this one. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: It is not terrible so if you need a room then stay here but if you have options, find another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple