“WILL NOT RETURN TO THIS FACILITY”
Review of Super 8 Florence

Super 8 Florence
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Pfafftown, North Carolina
“WILL NOT RETURN TO THIS FACILITY”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We had checked in and my son was sitting in his car listening to music when a man, a woman and their large dog (like Old Yeller) approached his car to tell him he was in their parking space. My son apologized, moved his car and remained in his car. They walked over to his car, circled it a couple of times when the man said, "I know what you're doing here. You might as well give it up. I'm giving you 3 minutes to get off this property." My son tried to explained to him that he had no clue who he was or what he was talking about, that he lived in another state." Long story short, my son called the police, so they went into their room which was directly below ours, giving my son time to report them to the office and to come back and tell me what happened. He said the desk clerk appeared indifferent and told my son not to start any trouble on his property and that these people stayed there often. I had told him to asked for another room on ground level on the other side of the motel but the clerk sucked his teeth and was not going to comply until his co-worker intervened, because we had "messed up" the first room, requiring maid service before he could rent it again. The couple and their dog left before the police came, but we did get their plate number for the police. The motel personel never, ever checked on us or asked if all was well following the incident. On another note: I used Clorox wipes to clean the phone, desk, etc. because the room was dirty. A light bulb in both rooms were dead. The wall outlet was not secured, so it fell off when I plugged in my phone charger. The toilet handle was hanging out of the tank, so we had to push it in to flush the toilet. The room smelled like urination. The towel rack was hanging at a 90 degree angle off the wall. I kept expecting the towels to slide off into the toilet. LOL. Oh, we refused maid service to sleep in so when my son went later to get fresh towels, he met with nasty attitude. Total waste of money.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pannfelton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 March 2011

We stayed in this motel for 5 days on a golfing vacation. The room had a minifridge and microwave, and a comfortable bed. The heating and AC worked fine and the room was clean. The breakfast had hot and cold cereal, bagels,toast, and a working wafflemaker.
They could have had a minfridge for the milk in the breakfast area. We would definitely stay here again as it satisfied all our needs.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed 18 April 2010

After traveling for hours, we checked in at around 11:30 pm. We asked for a room w/2 double bed, we ended up in a room at the back of the hotel. This is truly a prostiution ring. Not worth bringing your children to. You could hear women in high heels walking up and down the stairs, vehicles pulling in and out, knocking on hotel rooms upstairs and downstairs. So much activity, it's literally dangerous. Not worth your money for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
16 Thank famof4ga
Super8FlorenceSC, Owner at Super 8 Florence, responded to this review, 12 January 2011
As the owner of this property I can confirm that this is and has not been an issue at our hotel. We have no similar complaints at the property, through our Super 8 customer care or on JD Powers, where we are ranked as a consistent A level hotel.

We regret any circumstances that may have led to this misconception.

Thank you.
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I stayed here in Oct 2009. The room was very clean, plenty of soaps and shampoo , good linens and bed. The front desk was freindly and had a free breakfast with waffle machine ,cereals, toast and pastries.
This was my first time staying at this hotel. Would recomend this one.
The price was under 50 dollars with free breakfast and wifi included.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank highmiles61
SE GA
Reviewed 13 June 2009

Had to wait for the person to come to work that could sign out rooms. She was a half hour late and brought her lunch. We waited while the non-english speaking guys kept saying "about 5 minute".
Finally got a room which was actually quite nice and clean.
Next day I tried to use my credit card at Walmart and there was a fraudulant charge on my account for some online thing.
Prior to staying here I had a zero balance and this was the only place I used my card. Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out that some dirty no good at the hotel used my credit card info. Front dest, maintenance, housekeeping. Who knows but I will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Submariner85
Jackson, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 May 2008

I have to say I was pleased with this motel. The room served it's purpose... a place to sleep and shower. I booked this motel because they had a vacancy and they were cheap as well as close to Darlington (maybe10 miles). After a nine hour ride and being up for over 24 hours I was very tired upon arrival but check in wasn't for another five hours. The man at the front desk had an open room, he cleaned it imediately and allowed me to take it five hours early at no additional cost. The room was simple, Two queen beds, fridge, microwave, and a TV with cable. It was clean and we had no problems at all (can't say they same for our friends who stayed in other hotel/motels in the area). There were plenty of places to eat. Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuseday's, and a bunch of other places are all within walking distance. Fireworks and discount cigarettes are also within walking distance.
Overall this place isn't the Ritz Carlton but I was very happy with the staff and the room

• Liked — The staff
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends