“Nice Super 8”
Review of Super 8 Florence

Super 8 Florence
Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stopped here on our way to Florida. It was great for a quick place to sleep. The front desk staff was very nice. We found our room to be clean and had no issues going right to sleep. We didn't have any issues with noise at all but we did arrive around 11 pm. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 26 July 2014

It is a good spot for a quick one-two night stopover. I like that I was able to get rewards points ! good staff and lots of eateries nearby, I wish it was quieter but I would return if in the area again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I got a king room on the first floor facing the Baymont Inn. The room had a loveseat, 32" Panasonic LCD tv, microwave and mini fridge. Everything worked well. The room looked like it was recently remodeled. I was told the whole place was remodeled about 9 months ago. The room was very clean all over. Even the bathroom looked like it had a fresh coat of wax on the tile floor. The fellow at the desk was fast and efficient at check in and check out. Also the communal ice machine worked flawlessly. The WIFI worked well - it looked like they had 4 different connections to choose from.
The only reason I did not give this place an excellent rating was for the quality of the breakfast. The only fruit consisted of 2 apples the first day. The next day I saw no fruit by the time I arrived. The cereals consisted of frosted flakes and raisin bran - hyper sugerary. I would like to see something like cheerios as an option. Everything else for breakfast was good....yogurt, oatmeal, orange juice, coffee, bagels, toast, waffles.
Keep in mind, this rating is based on hotels in this price range and star quality....I am not comparing it against a 5 star hotel or higher end hotel as many people sometimes seem to do in these reviews.
I have stayed at the Baymont Inn across the parking lot from this hotel before. It is ranked a little higher than this Super 8 on TripAdvisor. However, I like this Super 8 a little more from my experience and will stay here again when I return to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Baymont Inn side. The other side faces a Motel 6 that had some unsavory indiv...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank luvboating_99
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Took a recent trip to a stock-car race in Timmonsville, SC and searched for an adequate facility that was reasonably-priced all the way up I-95N through the state, until we reached Florence. Was sadly disappointed, until we decided to try this one around 2:30 pm. Specifically asked for a quiet room, and we were given one. Good sleep quality, no doors banging, no partying locals hanging around outside, no A/C noise. Good room cleanliness, furnishings, and supplies. Very professional front desk staff. Did not have the chance to interact with any of the housekeeping staff, but judging by the condition of the room we had, it's apparent they do a decent job. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 2nd-floor, west-side, above-the-lobby rooms seem to be the quieter ones
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank gsm1usn
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just spent one night. Booked online as I traveled. Accommodations and check in a breeze. Very moderate price. The room looked to have been recently remodeled with new rug, decor and furnishings. The room was very clean with an adequate AC unit that was quite quiet. Pool is small but clean and refreshing after a long drive. The breakfast was nice with many items to choose from including yogurt and fresh fruit. Would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family