“Very nice place to stay when visiting Charleston, SC”
Review of Tides Folly Beach

Tides Folly Beach
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Folly Beach
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We use to stay here when it was the Holiday Inn, it was great then, and it's even a bit better now. All the rooms face the ocean, the higher your room the better the view if you ask me. The rooms are very clean despite the sand, the beds are ok, there is a refrig and big bathroom, it's all very nice. The poor is heated salt water and soothing. The food is pretty good, however, they need to work on how the night restaurant mgr. handles his staff, when it comes to hotel guess. I will never eat in their restaurant again along with several others that were disrespected. The hotel side and staff were helpful, pleasing and professional. Very nice place to stay on the beach.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the ocean, the higher floors have a better view, I think.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jjmooga
Brian_D_Ross-TFB, Manager at Tides Folly Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for all your compliments of our hotel staff and for noticing the differences in what our property was then versus what it is now. It was a pleasure speaking with you on the morning of your departure and I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to serve you and your wife on future visits to Folly Beach.

I encourage the other families dining with us that evening to show their support in this forum as they showed their support for our restaurant staff that night and with me, personally, the following morning. Thank you to those people for their third party assessment of the situation and for your compliments as to how our staff at Blu handled everything!

There are newer reviews for Tides Folly Beach

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Recently my wife & I stayed at Tides and we took our 2 Yorkie's with us, the front desk asked us if we are military (must be my look) I said yes and the friendly front desk hostess said let me get the invoice adjusted for you. "I see you have your babies with you", more of the friendly staff came over to great us and our babies. There were two young men in the lobby who approached me and asked to assist me with the bag's. Once outside, the young man loaded the cart, and left for our room. We met him at our room and he had already placed everything in our room. We ate dinner in the hotel and the food was great as well. The clean room, ocean front balcony, and the staff made this a very pleasant stay, we even checked out late with no issues. I referred the hotel to by friends at Shaw AFB, we're on the Army side ;-) and my boss's wife went the following weekend. We are returning with another couple in a week or so our selves, we truly wish we had known of this hotel a few years ago.........We Thank You Folly and Your Staff for a pleasant stay and we give your hotel staff 5+, hotel rooms décor & size, view of ocean and cleanliness 5+ as well. The food at the BLU was prepared and presented by a chef who I would've loved to have met to commend him on our meals! Merci" We will be flying back to this area in the near future and I DO plan on having my wife's driver bring her to stay at TIDES, Thank you for 5 star quality care to your guests from the time we get out of our cars till we leave. WE WILL SEE YOU IN 2 WEEKS THANK YOU TIDES. LTC & Mrs. Chasse'

Room Tip: Just let the staff know what you want, they will know.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian_D_Ross-TFB, Manager at Tides Folly Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

What a great endorsement, LTC Chasse, and thank you for taking the time to write this! Thank you for all the praise you’ve given our entire staff and for continuing to stay with us each time you are in town. It is always a pleasure seeing y’all and we’re already looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed at the Tides Folly Beach last spring and love it. Enjoyed the ocean and sunshine, then visited Charleston on the cooler, cloudy days. The food was excellent, local fare. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Several restaurants and bars within walking distance. Perfect trip.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MtJulietTrish
Brian_D_Ross-TFB, Manager at Tides Folly Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

This sounds like the perfect reason to get the girls back together for a reunion trip to Folly Beach! Thank you for sharing your experience and for your compliments of Blu and our staff. We look forward to seeing y’all again soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The location of this property is truly oceanfront and is beautiful. Pair that with the amenities and service offered and I would call this a first class experience from start to finish. I will definitely be staying here the next time I plan a trip to the beach.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Brian_D_Ross-TFB, Manager at Tides Folly Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

First class review all the way, JTMAY! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your compliments of our facilities and the service you received. We look forward to your next trip to the beach so please let us know if we can be of any assistance as you plan it!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed at Tides for four nights when we visited Charleston. We wanted to enjoy the ocean at the beginning and end of each day. This fit the bill perfectly! We toured Charleston and soaked up history during the day and started and ended each day with walks on the beach. Perfect combination of relaxation and touring! Each room has a small private ocean front balcony. Will return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room above 4th floor to assure no trees block your view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pipcarolinas
Brian_D_Ross-TFB, Manager at Tides Folly Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for this glowing recommendation following your stay with us at Tides Folly Beach! Charleston is a beautiful town and I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the combination of the city and beach during your visit. We look forward to being your home-away-from-home on your next trip to the Lowcountry!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Tides Hotel, all rooms view to the beach. Excellent service, great atmosphere, and wonderful gourmet restaurant in the hotel. Other restaurants at walking distance. Nice beach. If you want to visit Charleston it's only 15 -20 minutes away!
Staff very helpful, and the manager: Jay Vaughan is on top of everything! Great customer service.

Room Tip: All rooms have a beach view
2  Thank positive-vibes
Brian_D_Ross-TFB, Manager at Tides Folly Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you, so much, for writing this excellent review following your stay with us at Tides! Thank you for dining with us at Blu and for your compliments of our staff, specifically Jay. I have relayed your kind words to him and he is most grateful. We are already looking forward to your next visit to Folly Beach!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We just came home from a 5 day vacation at this hotel. Let's start with the good things: The hotel is VERY clean. I've stayed in a lot of places and was very impressed with the overall cleanliness of this hotel. Our room was exceptionally clean as well. I love that all of the rooms have an ocean view - your door faces towards "downtown" Folly Beach - which is nice also. The restaurant in the hotel, Blu, was awesome. The food was delicious - best part? It is fresh and local! That's awesome. The waiter we had at Blu - I believe his name was Josh was super friendly and took the time to stop and chat with us for awhile.

Now. Onto the bad (and this is a temporary bad, so if you're planning a trip there after the next couple weeks - this "bad" should be irrelevant to you). They were working on the elevators. We were woken up at 9:30am on our first morning there to a horrible jackhammer/drilling noise. We weren't warned of this upon checking in and had stayed up late the night before. We weren't happy about it at all. We do understand that it is the off season and that the elevators HAD to be repaired, but it would have been nice to be notified of it. The other bad was the fact that one elevator was being worked on, so they were down to one. The wait times for the elevator were terrible.

However, I will give huge kudos to Nadine at the front desk. We went down to discuss with them the drilling and asked if it would continue through our entire visit. She let us know that it would, BUT they were more than willing to compensate us for the inconvenience. We didn't expect what they were willing to offer, but were very grateful as it showed they truly cared about their guest's happiness. (BTW, we were not woken up the remaining mornings - thank goodness - even though work continued on the elevator).

I did see in previous posts that people thought the rooms were outdated - I didn't feel that way about our room at all. It was comfortable and in very good condition. Not worn or outdated at all.

Overall, this was a wonderful experience and we had a fantastic time. Kudos to a staff that seems to genuinely care about their guests! They definitely have an awesome thing going! Everyone seemed happy to be at work, were friendly and outgoing, and were extremely helpful.

3  Thank Brandee L

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your vacation of for this very nice review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals at Blu and have relayed your compliments of Josh to him. He says thank you for the shout out! Our housekeeping department was also very excited to hear compliments of the job they do.

Please accept our apologies for our lapse in communication regarding the work being done on our elevators. You, absolutely, should have been notified upon your arrival. Thank you for taking the time to compliments Nadine’s service to you following this mishap. She was very appreciative of your patience and, again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

I’m glad your overall experience was positive and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Folly Beach
Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview
Holliday inn Folly Beach
Holliday inn Folly Beach
#4 of 4 in Folly Beach

Been to Tides Folly Beach? Share your experiences!