“Amazing three night stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beachside Boutique Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Folly Beach
Beachside Boutique Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Folly Beach B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing three night stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

We found this B&B on trip adviser and decided to try it based on the terrific reviews. We were not disappointed and even stayed an extra night!

The first two nights we stayed in the Costa Rica bungalow. It was our favorite room there. It was very private and spacious. It had its own porch and bathroom and was very clean and well kept. The private bathroom was beautiful and kept with the theme,

On our third night we stayed in the the 70's room and the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was decked out and very fun. It also had a private bathroom.

It is extremely close to the beach and nearby restaurants and shops - you can be at Folly beach in five minutes. There are also bikes and chairs you can take for no charge.

Ginger was terrific. Every morning she made a breakfast specialty item such as eggs, bacon, huevos rancheros banana fritter, and pancakes. There always were bagels, juice, and toast. She was very helpful and knowledge and more than willing to make sure we had a terrific experience,

We would absolutely recommend Beachside B&B to everyone and plan on staying there again - it was an outstanding experience and the rooms and hospitality cannot be beat!

Room Tip: Going during the off season is much cheaper. Also, in the Costa Rica bungalow you can hear Ginger ma...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Logan_Da_Cat

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I think we were at the B&B the same time as the negative 2/14/2012 review. I will have to disagree with some of their statements. We had a great stay and Ginger was very, very accommodating to our needs. The cottage was clean and very quaint. A B&B is shared space and you have to be courteous. "Someone" turned our heat off even though there was a large sign above the thermostat stating DO NOT TOUCH SETTING. There was a car alarm that was sounding in the area which was out of the managers control. You go with the flow or you move on. If you are not happy or have concerns, it is always best to express them directly to management and not among other guests. A B&B is not for everyone. I would recommend anyone to try a stay here. Different strokes for different folks ! We will be back!

Room Tip: 70's room had a queen bed and great bathroom with great lighting and atmosphere.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Beachside B, General Manager at Beachside Boutique Inn, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Thank you for being so understanding. It really was a very unique situation that night. All the problems seemed to be beyond my control! Neighbors fire alarm going off in vacant house, rude guests playing loud music all night and someone turning off the heat. I have taken a few steps so that these issues do not arise again. I purchased a clear lock box to go over thermostat control. I obtained contact information for the neighbors. As far as the other issue, as I stated before in another review, please let me know ASAP if there are any issues with inconsiderate guests and I will come down and take care of it no matter what time of the night! We look forward to your next visit with us (already booked) later this month!
CUlpeper
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed in the '70's room in the larger house. What a blast! Round bed with a round tie-dyed spread bearing an enormous peace symbol. Walls right out of 'Laff-In'. Swedish modern furniture, '70's vinyls and turntable. An eight -track boom box, and the finishing touches of Blenko art glass. Bathroom super, with a perfect period mirror. (TV and hair dryer, of course. Cozy warm on the chilly evening I was there.) The common areas charming, and the kitchen could not have been better appointed and provisioned for both continental breakfast and cooking in for a long stay. Nice porch for drinks and cards and soaking in a subtropical evening. GO!

Room Tip: Just look at them all. They are so different, one from the other.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sarah901
Douglasville, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

We were coming to town to hang with a nephew, called Ginger (manager) to determine if we could drop off our luggage early. She would not accommodate our request. Even though we have stayed at several B&B and always been able to drop our bags to tour the city. But no biggie! When we arrived we had a choice of taking the 70's room or the Shabby Chic. The carpet in the 70's room had large stains so we agreed to the Shabby Chic. This would be, in our opinion, a room fine for one person...but as stated on other reviews there was little room to even get our clothes out of our luggage. At this point, we were disappointed but not enough to leave. My boyfriend met another guest over breakfast and asked what he thought. They shared their similar points of view about how the pictures on the website looked very different and went on about their way. The second night we moved to the separate building, bungalow. It is very nice and private. As we lay in the bed in the morning, I could hear noise. Sounded like whisking, banging pans, someone was cooking directly in a room behind us. I could hear every sound and realized all of our sounds could be heard too... only draw back of bungalow. We got ready to leave and looked for Ginger (manager) to thank her and let her know the bungalow was much better. She started out with, "If you were unhappy with your room, I would have moved you or helped you find a new place." She went on to tell us that there was a "waiting list on the rooms" even though there was only one other couple in B&B that night. She continued with, "you did not need to bash the b&b with other guests." Apparently she over-heard my boyfriend's conversation with the other guest and instead of offering to do something about our concerns...she waited until we were leaving to address in a very passive aggressive manner. We were not happy in the room but not enough to write a negative review, until her very unprofessional, unnecessary attitude was displayed as we left. When visiting B&B's you dont know what you will get, for us, it is part of the charm, but normally even if the room wasnt what we expected the warmth from the innkeeper makes up for it. Not so the case at Beachside Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gladys E
Beachside B, General Manager at Beachside Boutique Inn, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
I never spoke with this woman that wrote this review. I saw her briefly at check-in and check-out , the only communication I had was with her boyfriend. I was doubtful as to whether they/he had ever stayed at a BnB before based on the questions and requests that he asked on our numerous phone conversations. I find it odd that this woman wrote two other BnB reviews on the same day she posted ours and none prior to that? I am acknowledging this fact because only a certain type of person can enjoy the BnB atmosphere. You have to be friendly, courteous and respectful of other guests because you are literally staying in a house with them. After asking him to please review the pictures online (we do not use trick photography - the pictures are exactly as the rooms look now), he reserved The 70's Room which was the only room available and the only room they did not want!? I told him that if nobody reserved the Costa Rican Bungalow for Sunday, I would move them over at no extra charge. When they called at 8am on check-in day and asked if they could drop off their luggage, I told them that I couldn't (not wouldn't) allow them to check-in any earlier than 12 noon as it is our policy because we do not want to disturb the other guests. When they arrived I told them I had good news and that the girls that reserved The Shabby Chic Room would be willing to switch and so they did. The next morning they ate breakfast and moved to the Bungalow and left to go downtown, with no word to me of their dissatisfaction. My guest in the room next to theirs then told me that they played extremely loud music until 5:30 a.m. and they were unable to sleep. He also told me that he was rude and complaining about the place so bad that they went back into their room. I ended up giving those guests a free night. The people in the Bungalow returned late so I did not address the situation, hoping that they would not disturb anyone over there. The next morning after I made breakfast, around 8am I heard them moving around in the Bungalow behind my office/commercial kitchen. They turned music on so loud that the walls shook. I always try to be very quiet when making breakfast and most guests have said that it is a pleasure to wake up to the smells of cooking. As they were leaving, I did tell them that I wish that they would have told me about their issues rather than the other guests. I did tell them that if they had I would have let them out of their reservation on Saturday night because I had a waiting list . . . and I did. Next time, hopefully there will not be one, I hope that my guests will inform me of issues. I would have definitely had asked these people to leave. I always have my phone on at all hours of the night!
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed at the Costa Rican Bungalow and it was adorable. I saw the other rooms and would not recommend any of them, but if the bungalow is available, it is worth it. You get the privacy and you get this adorable little front patio that you can sit on and drink coffee in the morning and beer in the evening on which was really nice. The other rooms are in the main house which would be too You aren't right on the water, but I kind of liked that. You get a little walk through town on your way to the beach. Kind of nice. Breakfast was good. All in all, a little pricey, but not in relation to the other places in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Freal
Barnwell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I absolutely LOVE Beachside Bed and Breakfast! I've stayed in every room that they have and can't decide which one I love the most! I sleep like a baby and enjoy the seclusion. The rooms are spotless and there is personality in every detail. One of the showers makes you feel as if you are in a rainforest and the others are just as unique. You wake to an outstanding breakfast that seems it's prepared by a gourmet chef! The times I've stayed there, there have been people from all parts of the world enjoying the quaintness of this place. Film-makers, a Broadway star, etc. The "Today Show" talked about it's awesomeness, as well as a write up in Travel and Leisure magazine. If you are looking for "fancy", and prefer diamonds and furs, this may not be the place for you. But, if you want a place to take your cares away in a down to earth kind of way, you may want to check this out. Folly is a laid back, one of a kind place, and so is Beachside Bed and Breakfast! I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Every room is unique so find the one that suits you
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Janice T
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

We had the best time at the Beachside B&B! My husband and I stayed in the Costa Rican Bungalow, which was very cozy and cute. The bungalow had a huge porch where we could hang out with the couple we were traveling with and play games. The Beachside B&B had every accessory needed for a day at the beach: beach chairs, boogie boards, extra towels, even beach cruisers. Also, we preferred the breakfast at the Beachside B&B to the breakfast we had at the Lost Dog Cafe. The shrimp and grits were especially good.

Room Tip: Get the bungalow
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview
Regatta Inn
Regatta Inn
#1 of 4 in Folly Beach

Been to Beachside Boutique Inn? Share your experiences!