“A locals review of Loggerheads”

Loggerhead's Beach Grill
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Loggerhead's is "The Spot" on Folly Beach where locals and tourists meet to enjoy food, drink and themselves in a fun laid back atmosphere. We focus on fresh local seafood prepared to order with fair prices. Enjoy the smoke free dining room or relax on the new deck, complete with an awesome open air bar and views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Reviewed 2 September 2013

First I would like to thank Loggerheads for sponsoring a benefit for Surfers Healing, a camp for autistic children and their families that they held in early August. A lot of money was raised for a great cause! My wife and I went on Saturday night of Labor Day weekend to use a gift cert we received at the benefit. We got there around 7 and it was busy outside on the deck with a beach crowd and was full inside with dinner patrons. We were greated by a very disinterested hostess and elected to sit at the bar while we waited for a table. The bar staff was vey busy but attentive. One barmaid asked if we ordered the chips and dip she was carrying. We said no and she proceeded to say, "guess ill just give it to someone else " and went on down the bar and gave it to what looked like some regulars. Our twenty minute wait turned out to be more like fifty but the hostess did remember us by face when it was our turn. We were finally seated and greeted by a nice waiter who was wearing a sleeveless tank top. I guess if women servers can get away with it so can he, but I assure you it's a little off putting and seems strange. The fried conch fritters we had at the bar were burn and not very good. The fried shrimp and onion rings my wife had were crunchy and good. It is questionable if my "in house fileted fresh" flounder was. It was very moist inside with not much crunch. However, their corn is the best I've had in a seafood restaurant in a very long time. It was crisp, fresh and not over done. The butter beans turned to be green beans but I think they were the haricot verbs you get fresh at Costco. Other than being slightly over cooked, they were quite good. They deserve some slack for it being such a busy weekend but I will probably continue to take my family to the more family friendly Crab Shack or Rita's and for a date night with my wife at Blu. Loggerheads caters much more to the bar scene which is eveidenced by the wasted space that could accomodate many more tables inside. Btw you can actually see some ocean if you look under the condos across the street.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Great place to get a drink but not so much for food. Average at best. Very pricey, but expected due to location so close to beach.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

As a local I rarely stop at one of the Folly Beach bars because after a day at the beach i just want to go home and shower and relax. However, one overcast day I decided to, after several years, stop in to Loggerhead's and give it a try. I went on my server's suggestions and got the house brewed beer and a shrimp po' boy with the house made chips. The chips and beer were good, the sandwich was ok, but the shrimp were a little small and the bread a little too hard. But, the atmosphere was nice, there was some live music and it's nice to sit out on the deck and enjoy some beach breeze. Don't be fooled, there is no beach view. There are condos between you and the ocean, but after you eat it's only a few steps till you're on the sand.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is one of our favorite Folly Restaurants. The environment is family friendly and the food is very good. They added a larger outside bar and seating area and different bands play and sing. A must go to place with every visit.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The conch fritters, scallops, shrimp, and crab cakes were great! My daughter had the chicken Caesar wrap and said it was delish.