“Croissant French Toast”

Price range: US$0 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We all ordered the croissant french toast and everyone loved it. It was my friend's favorite meal of our trip. They have a large menu with lots of options and great outdoor seating. We had friendly service. I would recommend this place for sure.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I noticed the menu when popping in the morning for much needed coffee and veggie smoothie. Funky and eclectic decor but don't let that deter you. Sat outside with a nice breeze and ordered the Angel Oak Sandwich. Amazing and fresh ingredients. So refreshing to find a lunch spot with healthy choices. I had to take a menu so i could try to recreate it at home. I will be making a stop here when im back next year.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We went to Black Magic cafe because the menu offered me a fairly good selection of gluten-free food and we had gone there early in the morning just to get coffee. While there we noticed croissants looked fabulous, the menu sounded creative and like I said there was something on the menu I could eat. This is where things went wrong, I ordered the hash bowl, it was very oddly flavored, they normally serve it with fried eggs I asked for sunny and runny. I give them credit for trying there was still a little moisture in the yolk. It would be such a better dish if they poached the eggs gently and served it with a little sauce, very dry dish. The other two diners had high hopes for a good breakfast also, but didn't . Maybe we just ordered the wrong dishes? Or maybe with a little tweaking on the kitchens part, it could be awesome! Some one else, please let me know if the croissants were as good as they look.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is a great place for a quick and delicious sandwich lunch. A group of us were exploring the Folly Beach area and decided to have lunch at the Black Magic Café. It was a good decision. The season had not officially started yet so it wasn't crowded and parking was easy to find. The café has a small lot adjacent to it but I'm sure it is usually full during the season. I tried the Cuban sandwich which was scrumptious. The fries that came with it were seasoned perfectly and served hot and crispy. A fruit cup was offered as an optional side with the sandwiches. We also tried the Angel Oak sandwich, judged delicious by the happy diner with us. The sandwiches were large, the fruit cup was not the usual small side but a generous serving of seasonal fruit. The coffee was on the strong side, but we prefer it like that so it wasn't a problem.
The décor is very beachy with both indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor tables have brightly colored gauzy type sheets overhead - to keep away the birds I guess, or provide a little shade. Service was fast and friendly. When in Folly Beach, this is a place for a little lunch magic!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Came back to give Black Magic a second chance. Unfortunately it was no better. The decor is funky beach as was expected. The coffee was better but be warned that it is very bold and strong. My omelet was overcooked again and it looked and tasted like a egg white omelet or the eggs were not whipped together very well. My wifes sunny side up were ok but should have been hotter and the grits were cold and hard and had to be sent back. All the food was only warm as if it had been sitting in the pickup window.
The service was ok but definitely not top notch. I would eat elsewhere next time.