“Let's Talk Food!”

Cuisines: American
Folly Beach, South Carolina, United States
“Let's Talk Food!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My partner, Louise, and I are fortunate. We get to eat in many places the world over and experience different dinning, foods, service the things that make a good or great meal.
The meal we had this evening is as good as any we have had.
Let me set the standard and Charleston, SC's culinary community is the master of the standard. Folly Beach is small and eclectic. Seafood is the subject. The end goal is fabulous oysters, fantastic shrimp, fresh salad.
Fantastic food, don't miss it if you are on Folly.

• Visited November 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good new place carved out of snapper jacks!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

You have to know this place is here to locate it. There's just a red door to mark the spot. When they are open there is a nice window looking over center street. No need to go if your not into oysters and shellfish. They list oysters on a blackboard with the place of origin and date of harvest.the servers are knowledgeable about taste difference in oysters and will call out the chef if you need further explanations. Every thing was really good from the oysters shooters, to fried platters and of course the oysters. Small intimate wood paneled restaurant with small bar. Nice and cozy...a real change from most of center street. Hope they are there next year, they'll go on our regulars list!

• Visited September 2013
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Change for the worst”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was at Folly Beach yesterday and, at the suggestion of my friend, we went to The Oyster Room. It was immediately evident to my friend that there had been a change here. Apparently, it was recently acquired by a restaurant management group from Charlotte. We ordered gumbo which was typical and not as special as she remembered it. We also ordered oysters rockefeller which were diasterous. I presume that there were some oysters in the broiled processed cheese and spinach. Do not order those! Overall, it was an easy decision to avoid the Oyster Room. It really is below tourist grade.

• Visited August 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“So much better than the dump next door, overall average place to eat.”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We came here after we had an unsuccessful attempt at dinner next door at Snapper Jacks. The menu was small, but my daughter loved her arugula salad. It was served in a huge bowl. Service was pretty good. The setting was small, but cozy and nice. There were lots of oyster specials, but we aren't oyster eaters, so I can't tell you if they are good. My husband had the wreckfish sandwich and liked it. I also liked my fish tacos. It is a decent place to get a meal.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Greenmemonica
Charleston, South Carolina
“Craving some oysters ?”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Was staying at Folly and decided to try this place. It is located next to Snapper Jacks.
It was fully seated so we had to wait. We did go next door to enjoy cocktails before our table was ready. It took over an hour. It is very small with limited seating. We were a party of five. Once we ordered, we were told they were out of oysters. Really? They substituted a different oyster rather than what the menu stated. Our oyster shooters were on the watery side. Food came out and it was good. My order never came out and I wound up cancelling the food which was just oysters. Substituted oysters came out to be $25 which was our fault for not asking if there was a difference in price. Felt it was way too early in the night to run out of oysters, especially a holiday weekend.

• Visited July 2013