“Yummy seafood; fun atmosphere!”

Folly Beach Crab Shack
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Relaxed laid back Island Restaurant. Featuring Local Grilled, Steamed & Fried Seafood! Outside Dining & Raw Bar. Voted # 1 by Folly Beach Local's & Voted Best Seafood Spot, Southern Living Magazine,2012. Live Steel Drums every Thursday night! Relax, Slow down, It's Folly Beach!
Reviewed 19 July 2014

FB Crab Shack was our family's first meal in Folly and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We sat outside, which offered an abundance of atmosphere and charm. Meals were tasty and plentiful; service was great!

LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience! We love serving our guests and I am so proud of my team members that not only share my passion, but make my dream happen everyday! So blessed to have an amazing team! We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Folly! Ron Hill & Staff

Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The food was excellent and very tasty and good service here. Definately worth visiting during your stay

LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for your kind words, I will pass them along to all my team members. We hope to serve you again soon. Ron & Staff

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was at Folly beach and looking for great seafood. I decided to try the crab shack. I ordered fried shrimp and flounder which came with hush puppies and fries and cole slaw. The hush puppies were the first thing I tried. I was excited because, growing up in NC, I love good hush puppies. These were probably the worst hush puppies I have ever had. They were spongy. You could not cut them with a fork. Good hush pups are supposed to have a crispy, flaky shell and be fluffy on the inside. They were soft and spongy and had no texture. Not only that they were flavorless. They tasted like they were old and had been microwaved.

Then the food came. The fried shrimp and fish was very food. Good flavor on the breading and the amount of breading was proportional. The shrimp was cooked properly which is not easy to always do so I give credit for that. The cole slaw was excellent. It was a creamy cabbage slaw and paired perfectly with the seafood. It was accented with a hint of vinager but not at all overpowering. The fries were mediocre at best.

Overall the main dish was awesome and the sides were poor. (other than coleslaw)

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your visit. I promise to address the issues with the hush puppies as that is usually a local favorite. Thank you for all the things you loved and please feel free to call my personal cell at 843-437-2546, as I always want to know about our guests experiences and where we may have fell short of my standards. Sincerely, Ron Hill

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I love the oysters and clams there. This is a place I go to everytime I'm in Charleston. They have a few crab shacks around Charleston but I liked this one best. It's worth a visit if you like seafood.

Thank you for your review! Please let us know the next time you are on the Island. Would love to meet you! Ron Hill

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The baked seafood platter came with a large piece of mahi mahi and was topped with sweet scallops and large shrimp. The crab legs and shrimp bucket left my wife feeling satisfied too.

Glad that ya'll enjoyed everything so much! I will pass along your review. Happy wife....Happy Life! See you on your next visit. Ron & Staff