“an average review for an average place”

Folly Beach Crab Shack
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Relaxed laid back Island Restaurant. Featuring Local Grilled, Steamed & Fried Seafood! Outside Dining & Raw Bar. Voted # 1 by Folly Beach Local's & Voted Best Seafood Spot, Southern Living Magazine,2012. Live Steel Drums every Thursday night! Relax, Slow down, It's Folly Beach!
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My best gal and I had a long day and stopped for a late lunch. The place was a little dirty in the corners, but we aren't sophisticates so we didn't mind too much.
I had a pretty tasty flounder sandwich. My best gal had a BBQ hamburger with shrimp on top, which was a bit of an odd combination, but she also wears purple toenail polish so what can you say about her choices in life?
The food was adequate for two hungry folks. We quiet enjoyed the hushpuppies also. I wouldn't recommend this place to someone who was looking for a good meal, but I would recommend it for someone who wanted something quick and dirty for good value and decent food. We weren't there for the evening, but it had a party feel to it and would probably be a good place to arrange a sloppy drunken one night stand.

LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for your review, I am surprised by some of your comments that are not apprpriate. We have and always will have a 100% satisfaction policy. I would love to talk with you in person. My cell number is 843-437-2546. Normally, we exceed our guests expectations and I feel as though we fell short on your visit. I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully have an opportunity to make things right. Sincerely, Ron Hill (Owner) Folly Beach Crab Shack

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We moved to Beaufort, S.C. recently and have decided to "be tourists" in our area to get to know it. So we went to Folly Beach because my wife listens to southern-based books-on-tape and Folly Beach is mentioned a lot. When we passed by the Crab Shack it drew us in and we were not disappointed. It was 85 degrees that day but the outdoor eating area had a nice cool coastal breeze augmented by ceiling fans. We ordered drinks - my wife had a Crabby Mary, then another, so yeah, she liked it. I had a Palmetto tap beer - the first one they brought in a plastic cup and it got warm too quickly, so I asked for a frozen mug for the second - much better - but I shouldn't have had to ask for the chilled mug. Food was great. I am a Yankee on a personal quest to try every different kind of shrimp and grits in the South...theirs is excellent, made with bacon, lots and lots of big shrimp...very, very tasty. My better half had a flounder basket she like a lot. John was our server, very personable and attentive and helpful. All and all, an enjoyable experience - though my wife said the lady's restroom was "under crabstruction" and needed to be cleaned up...I guess guys don't notice things like that:-)

1  Thank Randy G

Thank you for all your kind words, I will pass them along to all my team members. We are in the middle of remodel on ladies rooms and I do oppligize for any inconvienance. We hope to see you and your better half on your next visit to Folly. Ron & Staff

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The food we had here was really good and the prices fit the food and what you get. I think they have a good selection of seafood and other options. People were just having a good time. A little loud for older diners, but that's the vibe of the place. Give it a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.

1  Thank KKnopp

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. We are all about exceeding our guests expectations. We hope to see you again soon, Ron & Staff

Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you're looking for great seafood at the Edge of America, look no further than the Crab Shack on Center Street. The atmosphere is open, beachy & welcoming, with friendly service, nightly entertainment & an eclectic mix of islanders, Charleston locals, day-trippers & out-of-state tourists. Oh & the oyster shots are fun, too. Enjoy... \m/

1  Thank Ben B
LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your visit. I will pass along your kind words to all our team members. Ron & Staff

Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you want excellent seafood this is the restaurant for you. Casual atmosphere, indoor and outdoor seating, menu offers something for every appetite. Love the fried platters and steam buckets. My husband loves the red rice instead of fries. We've been going to Folly for about five years. This is the first restaurant we tried and we go back every trip, every meal is prepared to perfection, portions are good and seafood is fresh..

2  Thank nstabler

We are so glad that ya'll enjoyed everything so much and look forward to serving ya'll again on your next visit to Folly! Safe travels, Ron & Staff