“The Perfect Villa!!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Folly Beach B&B and Inns
Raleigh, North Carolina
“The Perfect Villa!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

The villa was booked based on the website and went on a wing and a prayer... we were definitely not disappointed!! The pictures were exactly how the villa looked. The kitchen was well stocked and the entire villa was extremely clean!! If we needed something, all we had to do was ask and the staff was right there. Happy hour was awesome.. we spent it with a staff member, Gina, who could not be any more precious!!. It was nice to meet others as well during out time at the main house. the owner, Paul, was great.. very personable!! The grounds were well maintained and we had no issue with parking ( our group had 4 cars). It rained one entire day and it was so relaxing sitting on the screened porch watching the rain.. felt very tropical. I really can't say enough about our experience except I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
WatersEdgeInn_12, Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you so much for you kind review and sharing your experience. We truly enjoyed having you as guests at Water's Edge Inn. Don't forget, all return guests receive a 10% discount on every night booked with us. We can't wait to have you back! Aloha!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Water's Edge was a great place to spend a few days after our wedding. They were incredibly welcoming and had great suggestions for the area. We felt at home but also felt like we had the privacy and anonymity you want when you're on a romantic getaway.

We stayed in the Caribbean room, which has a gorgeous bathroom and tub, a nice screened-in porch and a beautiful canopy bed. The mattress could be better quality--maybe a little less sunken-in, but otherwise everything was perfect!

1 Thank Nell H
WatersEdgeInn_12, Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
It was great to have you as guests! Thank you for bringing the bed in the Caribbean to my attention as we depend on the reviews of our guests to let us know where we can improve. I am having this looked at and corrected immediately! We hope you will join us again soon, all return guests enjoy a 10 % discount off every night booked with us! Aloha!
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is hands down my favorite place I've ever stayed. This was our second vacation here and I cannot wait to plan the next. Everything is perfection. The rooms are beautiful decorated with comfortable, clean linens and sparkling bathrooms. The breakfast is delicous. Happy hour is a nice touch too! The grounds are gorgeous with several places to sit and enjoy the afternoons or a cocktail. The staff has always been extremely accomidating, going above and beyond what you would typiclally find in a hotel. They gave us rides to and from the beach so we wouldn't have to tote our chairs and bags each day and offered great dining tips. The location is perfect - tucked away from the main drag tourist scene. You can still walk to most everything. If you are a couple looking for a quiet getaway with excellent amenities, this is the place for you. The villas offer more of a family setting if you're traveling with children. Thank you, Water's Edge, for another wonderful vacation! We'll see you next trip!

Room Tip: The Pacific is the largest room with the best view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
It was wonderful to have you back to stay with us! Thank you for sharing your experience and we can't wait to see you again! Aloha!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife and I, along with our 2 year-old daughter, just returned from a perfect 4-night stay at the Water's Edge Inn with 4 of our closest friends and their respective children. First, I have to voice my confusion for the negative reviews. You must be extremely picky, depressed, or generally unhappy to not enjoy yourself at this wonderful place.

We stayed in one of the villas since we were a large group and had kids (no children under the age of 12 allowed in the Inn). We also were fortunate to have the owner Paul's villa which was very nice. Speaking of Paul, this guy took care of us. The first day he drove us to the beach in a stretch golf cart and set us up with lounge chairs, umbrellas, towels, and a general lay of the land. This guy knows everything and everyone on Folly Beach. He genuinely wants his guests to have the best time and will do whatever it takes to make that happen. But it doesn't stop there. His staff shares the same goal. BIG shout out to Megan, Gina, and Kelly. These ladies were all so fun and engaging. Megan probably put 5 miles on that golf cart driving us to and from the beach multiple times.

More details: the breakfast every morning is awesome! Pancakes one morning, egg casserole the next, french toast bake after that. There was sausage and bacon twice, bagels and pastries every morning along with orange juice and coffee. Then there is happy hour every day at 4:00......we literally started a countdown once the kids went down for a nap. The husbands would go grab some cookies and "Folly Punch" to bring back for everyone. Great way to start the night on vacation.

The grounds of the Inn are safe and quiet. No problems with leaving our cars out. We even left a double stroller sitting in the drive of the villa which no one bothered.

I am so grateful our friends found this place in the Southern Living review. Also, I am so impressed and pleased with our experience that I had to get this out there for people who read the negative reviews. I understand that things can go wrong, but I know that if you go to Paul or one of his staff members they will make it right immediately.

Bottom-line: Hands down a top-shelf experience that I would easily recommend to anyone.....and I will be going back sometime soon. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Justin, it was such a delight to have you, your family and friends stay with us! Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your awesome experience! It is our goal for 100 % guest satisfaction, I will pass your props on to all the ladies! We will keep the cookies baking and Folly punch waiting for you! Hurry back to visit us, all return guests enjoy a 10 % discount off of every night booked! Aloha y'all!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

I was fortunate enough to receive a recommendation for this wonderful B and B on Folly Beach. The staff made a special effort to make my girlfriend and I feel completely at home. The room we had, The Islander, was thoughtfully and creatively decorated. I understand each room has a different theme. I really liked ours. Great happy hour also. This is a must stay on Folly!!

• Stayed May 2013
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, the Islander is such a fun and spacious room! We hope you will come visit us again soon and take advantage of our 10% return guest discount! Aloha!!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

I saw this B&B featured in SouthernnLiving and I knew we couldn't go wrong. It was perfect... Just stepping out of the car upon arrival to hear the beach music in the parking lot put us in a great mood. Yummy breakfasts and happy hour were great! The staff were so friendly and accommodating. We got a big surprise after coming back from dinner one night to find a bottle of champagne for my birthday. What a nice surprise! We were sad when it was time to leave....

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience and your kind words! We're glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday at Water's Edge Inn. Hurry back and visit us, all return guests enjoy a 10% discount! Aloha!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night as a little getaway treat. I wish we could have stayed longer! The room was very clean and creatively decorated. The bed was also very comfortable and the room was quiet. It is only about 2 blocks from the beach. When we arrived, we borrowed bikes from the inn and rode them down to the beach. It was so fun and so easy! They also have happy hour from 4-7, offering beer, wine and a rum punch. Such a nice way to start your stay there. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They also serve breakfast- very tasty! This is the best place to stay. When I come back to visit charleston, we are definitely staying there again! Highly recommended!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Islander room and it was incredible!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
WatersEdgeInn_12, Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
I am thrilled to hear that you and your boyfriend had such a fantastic time! Here at Water's Edge Inn we strive for nothing but the best and enjoy our guests as much as they enjoy staying with us! We can't wait to have you guys come back to visit, maybe next time for a longer get-away!! All of our return guests enjoy a 10% discount off every night booked with us! Thank you for sharing your experience and kind words! Aloha!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Folly Beach
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel
Market Pavilion Hotel
#6 of 60 in Charleston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,315 reviews

Been to Water's Edge Inn? Share your experiences!