“No words ...”
Review of Water's Edge Inn

Water's Edge Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Folly Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I struggled with writing this review because words can't begin to cover how wonderful our experience at the Inn was. We wanted to plan a destination wedding for just the two of us and spent months on google. We had never heard of Folly Beach before. We typically go to Key West every year and just wanted to try something different. Which was scary since we wanted to get married.
From my first e mail inquiry ( and I had sent others to different places from Fla to Tahoe) I knew this was the place. Every question I asked was answered by the next day.. No matter how big or small. I had the "warm and fuzzy" instantly.
I called and spoke with Gena to book our trip and the ceremony ... She handled everything.
When we arrived at the Inn, which was beautiful, I will admit I was unsure , only because I had never stayed at a real B and B before this. But after my first happy hour and chatting with Gena I was hooked! I felt like we were visiting with close friends or family, but with more privacy!
Our first room was the Mrs. Rhodes on the main floor. This had the full screened in balcony which was awesome. We moved to the Atlantic 2 days later only because we booked a bit late and there wasn't one room available for our entire stay. We grossly over packed but they took care of moving everything without compliant. The Atlantic was a bigger room with a larger bathroom, but we did miss the balcony. Both rooms had fireplaces which we used to fall asleep, and a sound machine with ocean noise playing (which I'm still missing!). They provide water in your fridge each day, which we found to be a nice little perk.
It was wonderful to wake up to fresh coffee and a little breakfast spread each morning. The happy hours were great with your choice of beverages and snack-y foods.
The girls were all great and quick to assist with anything from directions to recommendations on food or places to visit, but we have to admit we had a particular affinity for Gena. She clearly loves her job and it comes across in everything she does. I didn't worry about a thing with the wedding because she was on top of everything. Once again, words cannot do justice to Gena and how she special she made both our visit and our ceremony.
We have stayed at some of the pricer resorts in the Keys and the rooms at the Inn are just as nice if not nicer, and they do not have a Gena!
I am very picky when it comes to the cleanliness of a room and the rooms here were pristine.
I know this was a very long write up but i just can't say enough about The Waters Edge and staff... They are perfect. We are already trying to plan a return visit.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
WatersEdgeInn_12, Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Wow! Thank you for your kind and thorough review. Gena is definitely an irreplaceable member of our team here and I'm glad she, along with the rest of the staff, made your time with us so pleasant and memorable. Planning weddings big or small is stressful and we're so happy when we can take that weight off the guests' shoulders so you can then just focus on enjoying your special day. Hope to see you again soon - now that you're a return guest you'll get our 10% discount off your entire stay, or if you ever refer anyone to us instead you'll get 15% off your entire stay. Aloha!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here before moving into my new home in Charleston. It's wonderful. Very comfortable, beautiful view. Staff was helpful and accommodating. I used the hot tub more than once. Breakfast and Happy Hr was great. Will recommend my friends who visit me in Charleston to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your great review, we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. It sounds like you took full advantage of the 24 hour access to our hot tub along with the homemade breakfast in the morning and happy hour in the afternoon, that's wonderful! We always appreciate guests who refer others to us and so be sure those guests you do refer mention your name. They'll get 10% off their first stay and you'll receive 15% off your next one as well. Aloha!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed at the Water's Edge Inn 9/22-9/27 and what a wonderful stay it was! We had the top floor room called the Pacific. Really comfortable with a beautiful view of the inlet! Especially loved my "ocean sounds" at night right on my night table! Loved the whirlpool tub with the rain shower above! The location of the Inn was in a quiet part of Folly Beach which was much appreciated. Rides to the beach in the golf cart were one of the high points of the trip. Gina took us and picked us up, and it felt like we were the only ones she had to cater to!! Everyone working at this lovely Inn was more than happy to help us with anything we needed. We used the hot tub more than once, and it was wonderful. Breakfast and happy hour were great! This Inn was a real find, and we had a great time. Would definitely come back again!

Room Tip: Loved the Pacific room. Really quiet on the top floor. However, you have to be able to climb 3 flig...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy H
WatersEdgeInn_12, Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Thank you for your great review Judy! The Pacific is a wonderful room and definitely offers the best view of the marsh and river. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our many amenities and it sounds like you capitalized on that golf cart shuttle service - good for you! Hope to see you again in the near future. Your 10% return guest discount will be waiting for you, and I don't know if you heard, but if you refer new guests to our inn, they'll receive 10% off their first stay and instead of the standard 10 you get 15% off! Aloha.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

A swimming pool, even a small one, would make this place perfect. The Hot Tub should have been a "next best thing", but it was out of service.The staff were wonderful. Happy hour was okay, could use a Chardonnay in addition to the Pinot Grigio. Breakfast was enough to get your day started.
However, Our room was small, cramped even, so I would not recommend the Mrs. Rhodes room, not even large enough for a chest of drawers in which to put your clothing, so you had to live out of the suitcase or use the somewhat inconveniently located shelves in the closet (with no light). This room is close to the common area so it is convenient, but also noisy in the morning if your goal was to sleep in...this one is not for you. We did get a look at a top floor room and it would have been what we hoped for. Very disappointed as the Rhodes room was recommended by the person taking our reservation, not exactly what we wanted for a 30th anniversary second honeymoon.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms convenient but small with only 1 place to sit and nowhere to put your clothes. Th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jjoy1825
WatersEdgeInn_12, Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

We're glad to hear your overall stay was pleasant and you considered the staff wonderful. That's always a great thing to hear. We appreciate your feedback regarding the Miss Rhodes room and I'm sorry it wasn't the room best suited for you. We try and ensure guests receive the best room based on availability and their/your personal preference and so we hope to see you again so that you can enjoy that Pacific room, with all that great space as well as the hot tub which is now back up and running! Be sure to mention that 10% off rate you'll receive next time you book as a return guest. Aloha!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had a villa and the stay was so perfect. Loved the place and the lush, tropical surroundings. Having a private screened porch was ideal. The staff are amazing and sooo helpful. Loved their Happy Hour(s). Can't wait for the next visit.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Holly M

We are so glad to hear you had such an enjoyable visit with us! Our private villas are great for that extra space you might want, especially if you're traveling with a group. I'm also happy to hear you found the staff accommodating and friendly as we all try to be as warm and welcoming as possible to guests visiting our quaint beach town. Hope to see you again soon, maybe for a 1 year anniversary of the start of your retirement trip. Aloha!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here around Christmas time in 2012. What a beautiful gem! We originally booked a week stay at a house right on Folly, we ended up getting there too late and thought we had no where to stay. We ended up finding this lovely place and they had rooms available for us. We were traveling with our 1 year old Pitbull puppy who is very friendly and well behaved. All they asked was to make sure we picked up after her (of course). The room was BEAUTIFUL! Breakfast in the morning and drinks at night. Music playing all day long to make it feel even more wonderful. In the morning my boyfriend and I spoke to the property manager who we probably could have sat and talked to all day. Very friendly staff and OWNER which is hard to find. There really aren't enough words to describe how wonderful the staff and premises was. We will definitely be staying there again if ever in the area!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
WatersEdgeInn_12, Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! We really appreciate your kind words! Hurry back to see us soon and take advantage of our return guest discount of 10% off of every night booked! Aloha!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

we picked this hotel because there was supposed too be a working hot tub outside out hotel room its mentioned all over there website.. of course when we arrive and try too use the hot tub it was broken.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mariah H

Aloha, I am very sorry to hear that there was a miscommunication regarding our hot tub. We do have a disclosure in our "Upcoming Arrival" email to let all guests know before they get here and to offer other accommodations as a substitute. Our hot tub was unfortunately out of service due to wear and tear from usage and the salt water air. We are in the process of having one custom built for endurance and longevity, which is why it has been a longer process to get it replaced. I would love to speak to you personally regarding this matter as we never want a guest to be disappointed or have a bad experience. Please email me at info@innatfollybeach.com and I will personally get in touch with you. Thank you and have a great day.

Kinsey Scroggs

Andell Inn
#1 of 3 in Kiawah Island
The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
Town & Country Inn and Suites

Been to Water's Edge Inn? Share your experiences!