“very comfortable, clean and accomodating”
Review of Water's Edge Inn

Water's Edge Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Folly Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 September 2010

the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. It was close enough to the beach to walk and the staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 28 September 2010

We loved our stay at Water's Edge. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Only wish we had a little more variety for breakfast. Our room was great. Loved the screened in porch. Will definitely return for a second visit.

Reviewed 26 September 2010

My husband and I really enjoyed ourselves at water's Edge Inn. We plan on coming back next year.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 13 September 2010

The location and style of house put me back to Key West in the 70's. Dawn knew all the history of the house and made my anxious college-bound student right at home. She also quickly went out of her way to solve a storage issue. The steep climb to our room was always worth the effort- with so much space and understated comfortable decor, it was just the spot we needed to unwind, read, bathe under a skylight, and watch the creek wildlife. You are right in town with the neighbors, shops, and churches. The music in the garden, friendly housekeeping staff, and interesting guests at cocktails and breakfast, gave us the opportunity to socialize as well. Its location to friends at Bishop Gadsden makes it a perfect spot to visit for longer periods. We will come back when we need the fireplace and more crab quiche!

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 8 September 2010

When I booked the hotel I was quoted $299 for the Weekend rates and $229 for the Sunday night rate. When I received my bill via email I was charged $299 for every night. I figured it was an honest mistake as the person did not realize that the Sunday night was a holiday (Labor Day), but when I wrote to ask about it I got the response: "We apologize if this was not made clear when you initially booked your reservation." I think the appropriate response would've been "I apologize if I didn't look at a calendar when I quoted you the rates." The service we received upon arrival from Dawn was awesome. She is a person who cares and understands what customer service is. She offered rides in the golf carts, gave us recommendations, and just possessed wonderful hospitality skills. There was another lady that was great too. The personnel on Friday later in the afternoon and on Sunday night 9/5/2010 (I believe her name is L*****) had zero customer service skills. She was, to say the least, terrible. Would give one rating higher if she was not visible at this hotel. And it is a hotel, not a B&B. Or rather a quasi-B&B. Some other gripes. The sink in the bathroom was always backed up. The coffee pot wasn't even rinsed from the prior guests. They only replaced water bottles once in the fridge. (We were told they do this every time the room is cleaned). They left the dirty towels on the floor and didn't replace them. They didn't replace shampoo everyday. (BTW, very crappy shampoos and conditioners). Couldn't adjust room temperature - has a lock on it. The foam handle on the bike I got (we rented 2) was damaged and coming off. Breakfast was subpar - lots of breads and a disgusting salty egg dish. The TV does not face the beds and cannot be adjusted to face the bed. The room smelled bad. The room we got was on the ground floor facing the "marsh". This is just plain misleading. It faces a thin strip of marsh and other generic condos. The hot tub out back had a huge heavy cover which was not worth moving everytime we wanted to use it. Plus it was defective on the side where one would sit to look out. So we faced the hotel and took turns sitting against the bubbles. It is a 15 minute walk to the beach, so not a beachside hotel. Would not stay here again.

Reviewed 7 September 2010

Only booking one night at the Waters Edge Inn was one of our biggest mistakes. My husband and I had a LOVELY stay in the Hemmingway room, and kept wishing it wouldn't end. We had a such a warm and comfortable experience; the innkeeper, Dawn is great! Between the bike rentals and 3 hour complimentary cocktails, hot tub, not to mention the fabulous room and ammenties, we are so looking forward to our (longer) return!!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

This was my husband and I's best vacation ever. The Water's Edge Inn was absolutely AMAZING. The staff was so welcoming! They will do anything to make you feel comfortable! Our room was planned perfect it was spaceous and beautiful. We hated to leave. We felt so comfortable it felt like home. We will definitely be returning. The Water's Edge Inn was the most perfect place to stay! They made our vacation!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Andell Inn
#1 of 3 in Kiawah Island
The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
Town & Country Inn and Suites

Been to Water's Edge Inn? Share your experiences!