“Surfing Lessons with Ellison”

Folly Beach Surf Lessons
Ranked #8 of 21 Tours in Folly Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Our goal is to educate and pass on the experience of surfing. Whether you are a beginner or advanced we teach the fundamentals and techniques that are essential in improving. Most importantly our objective is to have fun while enjoying all that the ocean provides. There is no better feeling than gliding across a wave and we can't wait to share that experience with you!
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Ellison was patient and helpful. We spent time on the beach going over technique then went to the water. I was up and holding on quickly. But quickly lost my balance and he spent time going over what happened and correcting me patiently. Great instructor. Fun, Helpful and most importantly, knowledgeable.

All reviews
"beach"
in 9 reviews
"charleston"

Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was so refreshing to learn to surf with guys who know exactly how to explain the concepts to a novice and actually get you surfing. I've taken surf lessons before that left me frustrated and in tears. It turns out I've been trying for years putting the wrong foot forward on the board! Ellison is the first person to notice it! Two of my friends took lessons as well and were up and surfing immediately. They loved it! I would recommend Ellison to anyone of any age.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Ellison and Brian are the owners of Folly Beach Surf Lessons. Four of us took lessons last June, 2013. They were very personable and made everyone feel comfortable, especially my 2 teenage girls who have grown up on snow skiis but have never touched a surfboard (the surf was choppy).
They immediately split my girls up from me and a friend and had Brian work with them closer to shore as they were a bit apprehensive. We went over basics on the beach then were in the surf and spent plenty of time learning. Ellision stayed out with us and constantly gave encourgaement and tips. Overall , we had a blast! I highly recommend Folly Beach Surf lessons,
Rick

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was my first time surfing and they got me to stand up in no time. It's a lot more exciting when you are working with professionals who like to have fun and are laid back.

Thanks Bryant & Ellison!

Eric

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My daughter wanted to learn how to surf and Folly Beach Surf lessons provided the perfect experience for her first time. I would recommend Folly Beach Surf Lessons for a beginner or someone wanting a refresher course. The instructors experience, professionalism, and patience will make anyone feel at ease. A great experience for a great value.